What's new

Do you think ultra street fighter is a good idea

Vagrant

Noob
I'm glad they're updating the game. I don't mind paying some extra cash for it. With a rebalance comes so many new matchup strategies to explore and I'm thankful capcom continues to support it's game. Definitely worth my money.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
$15 for a player tested balance update, 4-5 new characters also player tested, and some other general system reworks?

The MK Community has been dying for something like this for 2 years. Just like we would, I'm sure Capcom players would be appreciative of the support from the dev's with the constant updates.

Tim Static

Adminerator
$15 for a player tested balance update, 4-5 new characters also player tested, and some other general system reworks?

The MK Community has been dying for something like this for 2 years. Just like we would, I'm sure Capcom players would be appreciative of the support from the dev's with the constant updates.
Yup, but watch how many "MK players/fans" will talk shit about Capcom, SF and its community. its embarrassing.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
Yup, but watch how many "MK players/fans" will talk shit about Capcom, SF and its community. its embarrassing.
Unfortunately that's the double standard most of these people live by. I saw people shitting on Smash yesterday saying, "How is this an EVO-worthy game, it's crap" when just a few years ago (and sometimes even now) we were laughed at by other communities. Our block button + dial a combo game was "scrubby and a joke" to some people and most MK players hated that treatment. Now we're giving the Smash community that same shitty elitist treatment.

T3rror

Noob
Input bug and meter drain glitch not in injustice correct? Would love for them to do an umk9 even if it means having to be disc only release for $40 like ssf4. I assume we could even get new mk characters using some assets from Injustice.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Some of the best fighting games ever made were actually revisions of games. SSF2T & SF3:3s are two examples of taking a product & refining it and perfecting it. Its a beautiful thing to see them still going for that.
Unfortunately that's the double standard most of these people live by. I saw people shitting on Smash yesterday saying, "How is this an EVO-worthy game, it's crap" when just a few years ago (and sometimes even now) we were laughed at by other communities. Our block button + dial a combo game was "scrubby and a joke" to some people and most MK players hated that treatment. Now we're giving the Smash community that same shitty elitist treatment.
Yea, its true. I (as a Nintendo fanboy) can't stand Smash, but I'm not going to shit on it. I mean, look at the MK series. More than half of it is a joke to the standard put forth by Capcom, SNK & others. MK has produced some of the worst fighters I've ever played, and I have no qualms about saying that. But to see MK players who are either too ignorant of the facts or just corrupted by their bias nature is just hilarious and embarrassing at the same time.

Input bug and meter drain glitch not in injustice correct? Would love for them to do an umk9 even if it means having to be disc only release for $40 like ssf4. I assume we could even get new mk characters using some assets from Injustice.
They'd basically have to totally remake MK9 to get those problems removed. I'd rather see them move on to MK10 at this point instead of worry too much about MK9, outside of a final patch & skins from the VITA.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
Tim Static Exactly, I'm not a Smash fan at all but we know enough to show it a level of respect in a way. Allowing it to be streamed resulted in 130k viewers and overall growth (Albeit minor) for the greater fgc.

I have friends who don't touch fighters texting me, "Yo did you watch Smash at EVO?". It has a large casual market like MK which means mainstream attention, and though the game may not be some extremely hard thing there is competition and a playerbase. As long as a game has those 2 things it should be at EVO imo.

Matix218

Get over here!
Wish nrs would do the same with mk9, add some balance patching, a few characters, bug fixes and sell it at a discounted price.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
i did but it was closed, that was retarded .. should be reopened
http://testyourmight.com/threads/would-you-buy-umk9.34854/#post-973980
You didn't explain it or open with a discussion, only "would you buy it".

gamemk They don't need to include any new DLC characters in the story mode, where do you see Skarlet, Kenshi, Freddy, or Rain in the story mode? It's a game expansion and not necessary. They "could" add a chapter in story for them, but I doubt they have that functionality built into the DLC and game framework.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I agree with what you said. NRS makes their bank of the casual player who plays the game for a short time, then is done with it.

I make no bones about my lack of love for MK9. I support it, i like watching it but i hate playing it. It was a step in the right direction, even with all its flaws, and compared to the last decade plus of MK games, it seems even that much better. Hopefully with MK9, they learned what not to do, and with how they've done the DLC with IGAU is proof they're finding their footing (play testing wise too; MK9 didn't get enough of it). So again, with whatever the next MK based project is, i hope its keeps getting better. I hope they follow this same model w/ the next project as well. Improve, improve, improve. Not abandon.
You didn't explain it or open with a discussion, only "would you buy it".

gamemk They don't need to include any new DLC characters in the story mode, where do you see Skarlet, Kenshi, Freddy, or Rain in the story mode? It's a game expansion and not necessary. They "could" add a chapter in story for them, but I doubt they have that functionality built into the DLC and game framework.
Yea, I meant to touch on that too. Not those 4 nor the DLC in IGAU are included in story mode (not to the extent the playable characters at release are)

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
I think NRS would be alot more supportive of MK9 if they were their own company. They have to answer to WB on alot of things I'm sure and Capcom does not have that problem they can support their flagship game at will with noone second guessing what they are doing with it. If NRS could have supported MK9 they way Capcom supports SF IV we would playing one hell of an MK game right now imo.

Of course, it is all about the money. Capcom is a corporation.

The bad news is that 4 out of the 5 characters are already in Street Fighter x Tekken (i.e., copy/paste as Vulcan Hades says).

The good news is that Capcom has consulted professional players from regions around the world to create a more balanced fighting game.

I will buy this add-on because I respect this approach unlike the NRS one, which consists of listening to angry online scrubs' twitter rants and patching the game every month.
Hmmm aren't u one of the guyz who keep begging for nerfs ? Scorpion and kf etc ...

Sent from. SECRET using Tapatalk

PureYeti

Living in poverty cave
Dude, the guy who won KOF this year is from the US lol
he has a community where he can play with while we are spread out :p

I might pick up the disc version to get all the previous dlc costumes. Time to trade my AE at gamestop in the future

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Ultra looks amazing, and from what I'm hearing the changes they are making are supposed to be amazing. I can't wait to play.

Neclord

Noob
I'm glad for the update. Keeps the game fresh and entertaining and the choice of characters is definitely better than the characters they added in Arcade Edition.

The game is still popular and also very entertaining to watch. I don't need SFV for at least 1-2 years. Because you never know if the next Street Fighter will be as good as 4.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
he has a community where he can play with while we are spread out :p

I might pick up the disc version to get all the previous dlc costumes. Time to trade my AE at gamestop in the future
I'm pretty sure you get all DLC costumes with the $15 update as well.

I like the idea of releasing a 5 character DLC to an established game after over half a year of heavy testing is completed. These characters have almost all appeared in a similar game yet they are still being worked on for the tournament players which is nice.

I might join the Ultra bandwagon next year if the disc version is sexy enough with fun content.