What's new

Do you Regret Buying Premium Edition/Kombat Pack? Do You Think That People will Still Care by the Time Final 2 Characters are Released?

POPTDP

Noob
I usually don't pre-order or get added DLC, but with Mortal Kombat, I always do. Now, I probably won't.

My biggest issue is that I finally got bored of ToT and the multiplayer is laggy. The lack of support and the way that NRS abused it's employees.

I won't be pre-ordering NRS games or getting added DLC from the get go, and I'll go with a wait and see approach now. I'm not upset, but definitely hesitant now more than ever to buy into the hype. Just my humble opinion.
Pretty much exact situation with me and agree. Love MK and usually preorder but now will be hesitant in future. Especially after seeing kombat pack go 50% just a week after the first character was released

TheGlow

Retired Noob
I didnt even buy the KP or kollectors because I got the kollectors for MKX and I got tired and stopped playing after Jason came out, and he was the first dlc char.

I bought just the normal game with Shao Khan included. I dont see a reason to complain or cry for anything. I pay the money and get the product i want and i was promise. I dont see a reason to cry/complain about future patch/dlc. But that is just me.
The company probably is doing work in progress and plenty of things going on, so even them maybe not sure what they will give us with future patch/dlc.

I just dont get gamers/people nowdays. There was crying for patch in the very first month of the game .... And that was just because someone was lazy not learn matchup/mechanics or something. But it was just 1 fu**** month. So im pretty sure whatever NRS do, there is always going to be cry/complain.

In very this thread there was people who was crying about the whole story was leaked a week before the game was on the market and see that ruined his fun.

Who the f**** makes you to watch the story for god sake? Its your decision, so you cant blame anyone for that.

It was the same with leaked finale on some tv shows. Its your fault if you decide to watch/read them before you watch the actual movie.

Yeah but nowdays we have to blame someone else. :D

My only complain or more of a requist is that i really think and want a wifi/internet filter.

And to finish im perfectly okay with the game and the state it is. Im pretty sure i will play it till MK12 comes and im pretty sure there is going to be plenty of people left in the game till the very end.

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
With their recent twitter update they pretty much said they messed up and should it had it sooner to released the game later

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
What Boon said was that it basically wasn't his call and they were frustrated with it.
I read a post from someone who worked at WB and marketing and such is handled by WB, not NRS. The parent company is spreading out the DLC so that it matches better with other things (such as the new Terminator movie). Not sure if that's all true, but it lines up with what we know.

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
What Boon said was that it basically wasn't his call and they were frustrated with it.
I read a post from someone who worked at WB and marketing and such is handled by WB, not NRS. The parent company is spreading out the DLC so that it matches better with other things (such as the new Terminator movie). Not sure if that's all true, but it lines up with what we know.
Someone at WB day the flack they were getting . And this tweet was put out

Right. I did see that one.

But maybe it's your poorly structured sentence, i read your post like you're saying that they acknowledged they should have released the game later - which it doesn't say anything about that.
Nope, it doesn't. That's the thing with the internet; they oft read and see things that aren't there or even implied. This leads to speculation and exaggeration being seen as "fact."

Famousatnight

I'm only famous at night.
Do I regret pre ordering the KP? Not at all. If I remember right it was $100? I always compare games to movies, it's all entertainment. If I spent that 100 bucks on going to the movies I could've seen ten movies (if they were all matinees and I didn't get any popcorn or anything). That's about 20 hours of entertainment. I instead spent that 100 bucks on MK11 and I have 250 hours in the game so far and I'm looking forward to nightwolf, spawn, and sindel. It does suck the game isn't going as smoothly as I'd like, but I've more than gotten my moneys worth already and there's still more content to come.

Hostile_18

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.
Must admit the controversial launch soured me a bit and I dropped of the game before even the first DLC character hit.

I think ultimately I'm an Injustice guy now, and Injustice 2 is still my favorite fighting game of all time and can't wait for a sequel or a marvel fighting game.

That been said I got my money out of the base game. Just the Kombat pack I should of waited on.

Spektor

Noob
I'll be interested to see this Kombat Pack trailer coming out on the 21st. Will it have release dates? Will some characters come in pairs or groups or will they all be one-at-a-time like Shang and Nightwolf?

Raider

Noob
I'll be interested to see this Kombat Pack trailer coming out on the 21st. Will it have release dates? Will some characters come in pairs or groups or will they all be one-at-a-time like Shang and Nightwolf?
I doubt that there will be any dates. Maybe, but just maybe Sindel.
They will most definitely be released one at a time. Just like ST and Nightwolf, with the same or similar 2 months gap between.