What's new

Do you Regret Buying Premium Edition/Kombat Pack? Do You Think That People will Still Care by the Time Final 2 Characters are Released?

Raider

Noob
So it's pretty much confirmed that they are releasing new characters every 2 months. And that this is theirs "years of support and content". They released ST 2 months after the game release and Nightwolf is coming mid August. What is your opinion about this?
Do you think that you will still be interested enough in the game to care enough about the final two still not announced and confirmed characters? That's one year later. Do you think that players will move on by the time they are released? Do you regret pre-ordering or buying Kombat Pack, since for example with just ST released it was 50% off on Steam just few weeks ago (i am not sure about other platforms).

If we take a look at Steam numbers, we can see how drastic and fast playerbase has dropped. Game is getting around 2k peak players daily. That's huge drop from 35k just 3 months after the release. We don't have console numbers so i can't really speak about that. But i can guess that PS4 playerbase is the biggest compared to other platforms. Still it looks like casual players already moved on from the game.

A lot of leaks, very bad and unclear marketing, no roadmap or confirmation about future content, lack of communication, no balance patch or hitbox issues fixed... basically everyone agrees that these issues are there since the game reveal. Still NRS and WB did nothing to try and improve this very weird situation and their communication is still non-existent. Do you think that "longest support and the most content for MK game ever" will actually work? Do they even care about it anymore?

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Absolutely every fighting game has massive drop offs a few months after launch. Once Timmy is done with the single player content, his friends move on to the new flavor of the month and he doesn't care enough to actually learn the game then he shelves it. It's nothing new.

I'm in too deep with MK. I hate many of the decisions NRS is making recently, and I barely touch the game because of it, but I buy any and all MK content. I probably am only going to end up using 1 or 2 characters from the KP, but there was never a universe where I didn't buy it.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Didn't buy it, first time ever I didn't. You can learn MU by playing long sets against the character and reading/asking.

The reason is because regardless of me liking the game, a lot, I refuse to buy something I know nothing about. While NRS used to be the gold standard, communication has been abysmal this time. We didn't know release dates, no trailers, complete silence, etc. Only the leaks were providing information. If not for the multitude of leaks, we would have known soooo little until the last minutes. Not saying that I need to know "Everything" before the game released or the KP was, but knowing nothing at all except "Shang Tsung is coming" was just unacceptable to me. I need to know what I'm buying or I'm not buying it.

D

Deleted member 35141

The first time I havent bought it and I'm glad.
Mk9 I atleast played alot with Scarlett, rain and co mained kenshi so I got my money out of it.

Injustice 1 maybe played alittle zod and lobo but really dropped the game the fastest of them all so wasnt worth it.

MKX bought both passes and played non of them

Injustice 2 red hood became my co main with green arrow, got starfire to level 20 and that's it so wasted money should have bought red hood separately.

And they have shown even less, told even less, no dates no layout no awesome hype trailers like mkx and injustice 2 so my money is safe in my pocket

There is nothing confirmed lol. We’ve seen glimpses of Sindel,Nightwolf and a video about Spawn so they could be working to get them all done to release in shorter intervals along with working on the balance patch. Yeah it sucks it’s taking long and that they need to communicate more but in no way do I regret buying the KP. I’m just happy that they are giving the DLC kharacters the same treatment as the base roster with all their gear,skins and abilities. MKX didn’t even give us extra skins for the DLC

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Has anyone see the warning before mk11 is started "crashed game save data" ?

Has anyone unlocked everything in the krypt? Absolutely not cos it is not working.

Has anyone enjoyed the single player modes like Towers of Time? i mean did you really enjoyed to perform 25 uppercuts, 35 fatal blows, 75 wins, 25 throws to unlock character towers? Did you really enjoyed to use Tower konsumeables?

- Did you really enjoyed the current version of MK 11? There is 25 characters on the roster and plus Shang Tsung. Players only using 10 of them.. Why? Cos there is no balance between them. Look at the touraments, there is a lot of Sonya or Scorpion mirror matches, jade or cetrion mirrors at the first days. Same thing will happen at Evo, i am sure.

- Did you really enjoyed the wi-fi warriors at kombat league?

- Did you really enjoyed the hitboxes?

For now, the only good thing about the game is playing online with the friends.

i wish to talk about DLCs or their release dates but this game has some serious problems that needs to be solved first. Am i bored? Yes i am. i love mk so much, i hope mk11 will be a perfect game after these problems are solved but yesterday i have played horizon Chase turbo for hours. so i need to be honest to myself. i am not complaining, i am just a sad mk11 fan for now.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
So it's pretty much confirmed that they are releasing new characters every 2 months. And that this is theirs "years of support and content". They released ST 2 months after the game release and Nightwolf is coming mid August. What is your opinion about this?
Do you think that you will still be interested enough in the game to care enough about the final two still not announced and confirmed characters? That's one year later. Do you think that players will move on by the time they are released? Do you regret pre-ordering or buying Kombat Pack, since for example with just ST released it was 50% off on Steam just few weeks ago (i am not sure about other platforms).

If we take a look at Steam numbers, we can see how drastic and fast playerbase has dropped. Game is getting around 2k peak players daily. That's huge drop from 35k just 3 months after the release. We don't have console numbers so i can't really speak about that. But i can guess that PS4 playerbase is the biggest compared to other platforms. Still it looks like casual players already moved on from the game.

A lot of leaks, very bad and unclear marketing, no roadmap or confirmation about future content, lack of communication, no balance patch or hitbox issues fixed... basically everyone agrees that these issues are there since the game reveal. Still NRS and WB did nothing to try and improve this very weird situation and their communication is still non-existent. Do you think that "longest support and the most content for MK game ever" will actually work? Do they even care about it anymore?
great one, dude, great thread !

yep, in terms of marketing strategy, MK11 is an fail; the leaks are a shame on themselves , the lack of transparency regarding DLC release dates, the weak content on Kombat Kast (that were all boring and limited) :D

the supposed "years of support", is nothing but just delay strategy for DLC and patches, to create artificial time window for this .... really , NRS ? Now I'm conviced that you really think your fanbase are all retards that don't are aware about bad calls decisions regarding business promotion, hehe

the support for PC is a fucking joke .... there are at least half dozen issues not resolved yet on Steam version, and the developers don't give a damn, oh my ! :mad:

so, I love MK franchise series, and I love MK11, but the game has problems, that for sure, that's a fact .... a true fan does not accept to be a blind fanboy who defends what is shit, is crap, so, we criticize what should be pointed out as stupid things still related on this game

don't like harsh words and critics ? well, sue me or blow me, hehe :joker:

Last edited:

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
I don't really regret it, however I do feel like they are doing a terrible job and the trolling is not funny anymore. It is point blank lying at times. They said no NPCs would be fighters and BOOM Sektor and Cyrax are there. The kombat casts were all very boring. I would watch a minute or so and had to shut it off. The story mode was on youtube to watch a week before release. They could have easily had that pulled just like they did when people did that with Injustice and MKX. Almost everything they said was wrong was off by a tad bit if that. So far all DLC has been on point. They also danced around the characters at launch being possibly more and their weren't. I dunno....it's just bittersweet for me.

leoj89

Noob
I kinda regret it.
In spite of my never ending bitching I usually love NRS games for what they are but this time feels different.

Looking deeper into it, it may have something to do with never finding a character that fit me. I main Geras with a pocket Sub and Raiden but I don't love any of their move sets .

Last edited:

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
I don't regret buying the game. It is amazing. I also don't regret buying the pack and preordering, since the characters they deliver are great too, but I'm very disapointed with their marketing and communications. It is my right as a consumer to know what I pay for, and not knowing even the release dates I consider disrespectful. I'm also disapointed with the grinding system. It is ridiculously tedious, unnecessary and randomized. I'd gladly pay to unlock the content I want, but I can't. I'll be having second thoughts when MK12 comes out for sure.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
i bought the full package because that way i got it cheaper then when i would have waited on pc. i dont regret it due to the price and at the end i want to have all the content and support the dev´s.
there was no kind of release shedule or even official announcement about what will be in it so you all, me included bought blindly. so complaining afterwards is kinda...strange. you all knew what expects you...and in this case means not knowing what expects you :p

What didn't you know about it? 6 characters and the leak told you who they were. Communication is a problem? Eh, maybe...I have KL and Kharacter towers to go thru and don't need to watch Boon's Twitter every time he posts something. I think if EVO wasn't around the korner we would have a balance patch by now. That's what I am waiting to see. The rest is garnish. Be disappointed in yourselves if you bought the KP and remember, no one forced you, you didn't have to and if you think a kharacter a month and instant communication will make this game "better" then it won't. Grinding your worst matchups might. I bought the bitch and would buy it again, this is a great game with some issues like any other, and I think better of it every time I play it.