What's new

Do you Regret Buying Premium Edition/Kombat Pack? Do You Think That People will Still Care by the Time Final 2 Characters are Released?

Yes i was upset about people making it sound like customers are responsible for crunch times (which my post was about) not about the release schedule.

I am disappointed that the schedule is how it is (which i also stated) but its whatever to me. In the future i just wont by anything NRS in advance anymore. No big deal really.

And yes it is shitty behavior to sell something without being transparent about what you sell and when. The timeframe itself has nothing to do with it.
You didn't know it was 6 characters and who they were before purchase?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I think it’s more than fair to expect cleaner communication from NRS, because I feel as if they were better in the past at this. In MKX when KP1 was revealed they showed Jason, Tanya, Tremor, and Predator walk up. We knew all four characters that were included, what the fuck they look like, and then they started dropping them at a decent pace. Fighter pack 1 in I2 they show us what Red Hood, Sub-Zero, and Starfire look like and they start releasing them. 3 months in to this game and we have Shang, we’ve seen what Nightwolf looks like and kinda sorta what Sindel looks like and we find out shit like release dates from Nintendo leaks.

I like NRS and don’t want people to work like dogs, I guess I needed to learn my lesson about giving them 100 bucks.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
People will care. NRS just needs to fix/improve their fucking game.

A year from now, even less, the game we’re playing will barely resemble vanilla MK11.

SinkFla

Noob
I don't like the miscommunication but I think by now most people should know why things have ended up the way they are. It's all because of the criticisms of NRS's treatment of temp workers and crunch. While "crunch" is shitty this is kind of evidence alone for WHY it even happens in the first place: People want what they've already paid for ASAP (emphasis on "as possible"). How people show that frustration or impatience differs on the individual but it's fair to say I think that MOST people aren't happy with the snail's pace that follow up development is traveling at. I do want each game's competitive lifespan to last longer and I can be patient, but the lack of communication and trolling from Boon is really souring the game for a lot of people.

Edit: Just pointing out that I'm not defending "crunch", just stating the player's frustrations are why it exists in the first place.

Afumba

Noob
You didn't know it was 6 characters and who they were before purchase?
There was no official statement about what characters would be released and no info on when. In fact they are still not all officially confirmed (unless i missed the last two character reveals somehow).

So stop running around in circles to make your point stick. You dont think its shit behavior, good for you. Still doesnt make you right. At the very least it is for me and lots of others. They obviously know whats what but decided not to say anything due to marketing reasons. Sounds pretty shitty to me.

We can agree to disagree but there is no way that you can convince me that this is anything but shitty company behavior so we might as well stop it right here.

Last edited:

SpiceWeasel

Nothing personal mate!
It´s not normal for NRS to be that silent, my Theory (and hopes) is that they are working not only on the Patch but they developing an big overhaul of the complete Game, like they did with MKX -> MKXL.
After all that buzz about the Krypth, Custum Variations and the useless Time Crystals etc.

I still have Hope in NRS and believe they are not satisfied with their Product and have the Passion to make it better.

DeftMonk

Noob
Why does everyone think this game might get some super overhaul or that it even needs it? Sure im kinda salty about the lack of communication with the KP but.... we can't compare this to vanilla MKX where armored launchers, infinite block string loops, nearly one touch deaths, + on block everything and their fuckin mama, and everyone having 50/50s for 1/3 ur HP all existed. This game doesnt need the overhaul MKX got, and if your waiting around for some huge ass change you might as well go ahead find that change by swapping games imo.

There was no official statement about what characters would be released and no info on when. In fact they are still not all officially confirmed (unless i missed the last two character reveals somehow).

So stop running around in circles to make your point stick. You dont think its shit behavior, good for you. Still doesnt make you right. At the very least it is for me and lots of others. They obviously know whats what but decided not to say anything due to marketing reasons. Sounds pretty shitty to me.

We can agree to disagree but there is no way that you can convince me that this is anything but shitty company behavior so we might as well stop it right here.
Alright....read your first sentence again and tell me without knowing any of that why you had to put money down on it. What compelled you not knowing much about it to do so since you can state a good business practice? Was it hype? Past experience? Not knowing any better? You're a konsumer, it's your jobto know what you're buying BEFORE you buy it. This seems directed at you but its for everyone and anyone who has regret about their purchase and can't wait...

Disappointment abounds when we let ourselves buy in to things we know aren't tangible yet....as it so happens I enjoy this game way more than X at launch so I'm good, but I feel no sympathy for a customer who hasn't researched properly being disappointed in a studio offsetting him a pass he didn't have to buy

DeftMonk

Noob
Alright....read your first sentence again and tell me without knowing any of that why you had to put money down on it. What compelled you not knowing much about it to do so since you can state a good business practice? Was it hype? Past experience? Not knowing any better? You're a konsumer, it's your jobto know what you're buying BEFORE you buy it. This seems directed at you but its for everyone and anyone who has regret about their purchase and can't wait...

Disappointment abounds when we let ourselves buy in to things we know aren't tangible yet....as it so happens I enjoy this game way more than X at launch so I'm good, but I feel no sympathy for a customer who hasn't researched properly being disappointed in a studio offsetting him a pass he didn't have to buy
take for instance this scenario: you daily go to a popsicle stand. Three days ago you buy vanilla its 6 inches long. Two days ago chocolate its 6 inches long. Yesterday you buy poop flavor its 6 inches long today you try strawberry and low and behold its 1 cm long! Well damn I suppose I should be mad at myself for forgetting to ask ya? NRS has set a precedent for FAR better communication. Better than 99% of games outside of FGC and this game the whole promotion/kombat pack 1 whatever the hell and loads of other crap have just had 0 communication. Like the worst in the FGC.

I would if I bought it. I was hoping for tons of content and MK 11 being their baby. I even expected modes like tag team as they told us they were even adding modes...

Alright....read your first sentence again and tell me without knowing any of that why you had to put money down on it. What compelled you not knowing much about it to do so since you can state a good business practice? ... You're a konsumer, it's your jobto know what you're buying BEFORE you buy it
It seems this is what people don't seem to get.

NRS may be doing something that might be considered questionable, but the consumer is the one with the money. If they aren't telling you what you want to know why the hell are you giving them money?

Afumba

Noob

Wow you are just... wow... you keep on circling around with futile points just to make your point sound more valid... just wow.

Ok i'll bite anyways... and will also add different versions... maybe you get it this time...

Me being "stupid" and buying something without knowing what i'm exactly buying is on me. I agreed with you on that and nobody is saying something different. This still doesnt have anything do to with NRS being shitty for not stating exactly what they are selling. One thing doesnt exclude the other here.

Me being "dumb" and buying a closed bag without further infos doesnt mean that selling a closed bag without giving full infos isnt shitty behavior.

I am "stupid" for buying the product without full infos, they are shitty for not revealing the content ahead of things.

I blame myself for spending the money not NRS. So if i complain about spending the money i have to complain to myself. Its still NRS shitty behavior and they are to blame for that.

I didnt say they ripped me off or stole my money etcetc i stated that not revealing what you are selling is shitty company behavior, which it is. Sure its on me that i still bought it, doesnt change the fact though that its still shitty on their part.

I also dont want, need or care about your sympathy. You started a discussion about something i didnt even complain about than kept going on and on and on in circles just to defend something with an argument nobody mentioned besides you. If you cant see the difference between complaining about spending money or about companies selling practices than you are beyond hope.

Anyway i am done talking with you about this. Tired of repeating myself about something that didnt even have anything to do with my original statement you quoted. Either you got it by now or you never will.

Have a good life.

Wow you are just... wow... you keep on circling around with futile points just to make your point sound more valid... just wow.

Ok i'll bite anyways... and will also add different versions... maybe you get it this time...

Me being "stupid" and buying something without knowing what i'm exactly buying is on me. I agreed with you on that and nobody is saying something different. This still doesnt have anything do to with NRS being shitty for not stating exactly what they are selling. One thing doesnt exclude the other here.

Me being "dumb" and buying a closed bag without further infos doesnt mean that selling a closed bag without giving full infos isnt shitty behavior.

I am "stupid" for buying the product without full infos, they are shitty for not revealing the content ahead of things.

I blame myself for spending the money not NRS. So if i complain about spending the money i have to complain to myself. Its still NRS shitty behavior and they are to blame for that.

I didnt say they ripped me off or stole my money etcetc i stated that not revealing what you are selling is shitty company behavior, which it is. Sure its on me that i still bought it, doesnt change the fact though that its still shitty on their part.

I also dont want, need or care about your sympathy. You started a discussion about something i didnt even complain about than kept going on and on and on in circles just to defend something with an argument nobody mentioned besides you. If you cant see the difference between complaining about spending money or about companies selling practices than you are beyond hope.

Anyway i am done talking with you about this. Tired of repeating myself about something that didnt even have anything to do with my original statement you quoted. Either you got it by now or you never will.

Have a good life.
I never said you or anyone else was dumb, you weren't even misinformed, let me put it this way....you gain nothing by buying it when everything is released or before launch...except what? A skin? You bought it on faith and are losing it because they are radio silent...maybe WB amidst all the leaks is putting a gag order on NRS. All we can do is play and wait...

In my opinion, Mortal Kombat 11 is a lot better than Mortal Kombat X on launch. It has better overall balance between the tiers, shipped with rollback netcode, I generally like the new mechanics better than what was introduced in Mortal Kombat X (50/50's, the return of Running), and on PC, it's not broken to the point of being a "menu simulator" and no patch has deleted people's unlocked content yet.

The game certainly needs improvements, and I believe it'll get them in time.

For DLC characters, one thought that occurred to me is, it's possible they can't be announced talked about yet based on what licensing deal has been reached. I'm simply speculating here, but it's possible. Terminator, for example. The announced might tied into the upcoming film's promotion and release, so WBIE might be under a gag order as a result.

Anyway, time will tell.

@DeftMonk I get what you're saying with your analogy, but you're analogy doesn't actually work unless popsicle stands work completely different where you are. Here, I go to buy a popsicle from said stand or a truck, and the guy gives me the popsicle _before I give the money. If he'd pull out a tiny popsicle and tell me it's the same cost, I'd simply go back to another one or not buy anything at all.

"Season Passes" have been a common thing in the game industry for several years now, and gamers as a whole have continually told publishers that it's okay to sell them mystery content as they'll buy it anyway; even if the price is insanely overinflated. It really can't be considered a shady practice against the consumer anymore, because the consumer has constantly said it's fine for years and years.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Interesting, in what sense?
I may be mis-remembering.... but during MK9's lifecycle of DLC and patches... there was little communication about them.

The patches just..... happened.

DLC had reveals if i remember.... but they were like this. Just no info at all then a reveal and then it would drop.

Idk... I think i have NRS PTSD when it comes to anything they do. Like their games... they're incredibly inconsistent.

I may be mis-remembering.... but during MK9's lifecycle of DLC and patches... there was little communication about them.

The patches just..... happened.

DLC had reveals if i remember.... but they were like this. Just no info at all then a reveal and then it would drop.

Idk... I think i have NRS PTSD when it comes to anything they do. Like their games... they're incredibly inconsistent.
I can't recall for patches, but I remember for the DLC there was no "roadmap," but stuff was announced in advance. There was always a nifty trailer, and another one for the klassic skin pack that would launch at the same time.

They did that to encourage people to download said skin pack, since it included compatibility for non-DLC owners.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Just to play devils advocate but remember back when mkx launched and the dlc trailer released soon after ? Remember everyone lose their shit over the fact the dlc were on the base game and why should we pay etc. Maybe thats why they aint showing shit .. but in their being so cautious theyve angered customers in a new exciting way lol

take for instance this scenario: you daily go to a popsicle stand. Three days ago you buy vanilla its 6 inches long. Two days ago chocolate its 6 inches long. Yesterday you buy poop flavor its 6 inches long today you try strawberry and low and behold its 1 cm long! Well damn I suppose I should be mad at myself for forgetting to ask ya? NRS has set a precedent for FAR better communication. Better than 99% of games outside of FGC and this game the whole promotion/kombat pack 1 whatever the hell and loads of other crap have just had 0 communication. Like the worst in the FGC.
This works if we're talking about you pre -purchasing strawberry for the next day and then not getting what you expected, but dlc doesn't work that way at all. I submit to you that you can buy the kp AFTER every character is released, but you willingly paid NRS Tuesday for a hamburger 2 months from now. You can be upset at NRS but again....what compelled you to buy this Pack?

I usually don't pre-order or get added DLC, but with Mortal Kombat, I always do. Now, I probably won't.

My biggest issue is that I finally got bored of ToT and the multiplayer is laggy. The lack of support and the way that NRS abused it's employees.

I won't be pre-ordering NRS games or getting added DLC from the get go, and I'll go with a wait and see approach now. I'm not upset, but definitely hesitant now more than ever to buy into the hype. Just my humble opinion.

NRS being shitty for not stating exactly what they are selling.
doesnt mean that selling a closed bag without giving full infos isnt shitty behavior.
[/QUOTE]
Its still NRS shitty behavior and they are to blame for that.
So you don't support them for their shitty behaviour. What is so hard to understand about that?

Maybe if no one handed over their money then they'd rethink their strategy. But while people are throwing money at them for something, why change?

Afumba

Noob
So you don't support them for their shitty behaviour. What is so hard to understand about that?

Maybe if no one handed over their money then they'd rethink their strategy. But while people are throwing money at them for something, why change?
I agree and i would do the same thing if i were them. I also usually dont support stuff like this but i did in NRSs case cuz going by their past games i expected different things.

But my whole last part of the discussion with that other dude (from which you are partially quoting) is not about that, its about if it is or isnt a shitty practice at all. I acknowledged to him that its my/our fault but it still doesnt make it less shitty and he doesnt seem to understand what i am saying cuz he keeps circling to a point i didnt make and also already conceaded to him.

Last edited: