What's new

Question Do you really think Raiden is unexplored?

Do you think Raiden is unexplored?

• Yes, I've barely touched the character let alone experimented or have any real matchup experience.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • No.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 37 31.6%

• Total voters
yeah, maybe B-wizz just needs more experience so he can spank people in tourney. And show Raiden's real power.

knowing info does not = skill
It helps. But Experience/good Execution + knowing info = skill

not saying B-wizz aint got skill, skill measurement is a relative word.

BWizz do you have really good competition on a steady level?

one man's results doesn't equate to character potential though.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Some characters are just more limited, people are finding new tech for characters like Kabal, Kung Lao, Sonya because they are so versitile they don't need to depend on one way to fight. Raiden has no strong zoning, he can't run around superman'ing like a nut because that will get you killed. All he pretty much has are a few string mix up's and a fast teleport for mind games. From the way I've seen Bwizz play from video's I'd say he's pretty well explored.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Some characters are just more limited, people are finding new tech for characters like Kabal, Kung Lao, Sonya because they are so versitile they don't need to depend on one way to fight. Raiden has no strong zoning, he can't run around superman'ing like a nut because that will get you killed. All he pretty much has are a few string mix up's and a fast teleport for mind games. From the way I've seen Bwizz play from video's I'd say he's pretty well explored.
i never see raiden teleport into whiff punish kabals ndc or b1*here*2 string

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Why not? What's stopping him? What match ups does he have to overcome that are keeping him from placing at a major?
See what happens here is I list the MU's that are bad. You disagree and argue your point that he has no bad Mu's or maybe 1. And then nothing gets accomplished. I'm finished with that endless loop of Raiden.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
i never see raiden teleport into whiff punish kabals ndc or b1*here*2 string
That's true, I can't even remember the last time I saw a Raiden vs Kabal match though. I can't recall the last time I even watched a Raiden vs anyone match on a stream. You are a versitile player though perhaps you should pick up Raiden.

raiden has a lot of potential in the whiff punishing department, you see a lot of people having their moves whiffed by the teleport but the raiden player either didnt or didnt have fast enough reactions to whiff punish. I think his standing 121 is very underused it is his fastest normal and should be used to whiff punish imo.

prepatch he had better recovery on teleport and an 8 frame superman, his whiff punishing abilities were godlike back then.

4x4lo8o

Noob
See what happens here is I list the MU's that are bad. You disagree and argue your point that he has no bad Mu's or maybe 1. And then nothing gets accomplished. I'm finished with that endless loop of Raiden.
No bad mu's? I don't know any Raiden players who think that, unless Tom Brady counts, and I don't why you'd presume I'd try to argue that. I'm not making any outrageous arguments. Having a few bad nu's doesn't make him non tournament viable. You're acting as if him placing top 8 is ridiculous. I think there are characters like Johnny Cage and Kitana that have 3-7 or 2-8 mu's that are at least as bad as anything Raiden has, but we still see them in top 8.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
The issue is simple.

It is not because Raiden isn't a top character, he is. But the problem is because three characters fully occupy this game at the minute.

1. Kabal
2. Kung Lao
3. Kenshi
---
4. (Freddy)

And even though Raiden goes even if not almost even with all these characters, it still takes incredible work and amazing reads, his work is cut out for him right from the off, and even if you are a Raiden main, he is not the go to character for any of these matches.

Lets stop bashing down on Raiden because of the top 3 dominance. Even Kenshi gets smashed in by Kabal, and Kabal can't do whatever he wants against KL, and KL can't respect Kenshi or KL will get fucked up.

Raiden, like the allot of the other characters, Smoke, Sonya, Cage, Skarlet, Kitana etc are getting left behind the top 3, but that does not take away from them as characters.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Oni arguably goes even or is close to even with the entire cast of AE, save for Blanka. He is among the worst characters in the game.

Going even or close to it with most of the cast = not top tier, unless the top tiers for a particular game do not hold serious advantages over the rest of the cast.

Raiden has been explored. No one uses him though. But he's a turtle character that runs into a wall if he doesn't get the life lead.

REYTHEGREAT

i dont think theres anything new with raiden that bwizz or other raiden players have discovered. raiden is a simple character. PL might have the best results with him but does it even count when he switches to kabal or kung lao.? i think b wizz has explored raiden to the fullest.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I highly doubt that there is anything left for raiden to give. Some characters just dont have as much shit as others. I dont believe there is much to raiden outside teleport.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Raiden is close to being fully explored if not already. I know pretty much everything about him. My problem is reaction speed. I'm still working on improving that. I haven't been traveling since evo because I got a new job and don't have vacation time yet. After April this year I'll be traveling to accrue some tournament results. The problem is that none of us Raiden players are getting tourney results. This has to change.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I just figured how to use his teleport on the MU and started to use with the goal of teleporting against strings or normals