What's new

Do you like Playing your Bad Match-Up's?

Do you like Fighting your bad match-up's?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Depends on the matchups.

Surprisingly, the matchup I hate the most is not a horrendous one, it's just fucking boring. I am talking about Raven.
The simple act of moving in this matchup requires a Joker player to have Ghandi-like patience, so even though I don't think it's *too* bad of a MU (One knockdown and the game is over), it is SOOOOO much less fun than trying to say, playing against Flash or something.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I like to play every match-up, but especially bad ones. But, I think MU experience can only take you so far. Player MU's are far more interesting, imo.

DarkSlayerSmith

Fundamentals in real life
not playing IGAU! but theres nothing more pleasurable than to be neck to neck with your bad MU and surpasing that wall after so many defeats and then reach that level were its not the game guiving me hard time,but the one I´m playing with.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
It depends on the nature of the bad match-up I am fighting. With some, they start to feel less rough to you as you get more accustomed to how they work, though you'll still have the opponent's personal style to take into account.

With others, you'll constantly be forced to play outside of your comfort zone with no surefire way to anticipate what's coming. It's that kind of bad match-up that won't improve for you regardless of whatever experience you have.

In my case, as a Batman main, Aquaman and Raven fall right into the second category. Fighting them feels pointless to me because the more I play the match-up, the more I don't see my character holding any ground at all. Now for the first category, Zod qualifies. I used to despise fighting Zod until just recently.

And before anybody rolls their eyes at me over the fact that I called Raven a bad match-up for Batman, both our character communities are coming to the agreement that Raven wins at least 6-4. So hold that.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Reviving this. I love fighting bad matchups. I love the mental aspect of it. Fighting a kenshi player as sub zero and getting them to actually fear what you are doing is amazing. You can really fuck with their head. However, after a while, it becomes exhausting. As a cage main, 10 of my 12 major tournament matches were against kabal. That's just disheartening, especially since I put tons of time into the matchup, as my training partner mained him. I eventually felt like, how long can I be expected to be perfect?

I actually find I play better in bad matchups, even when I lose by a lot. I also feel in bad matchups it doesn't come down to your character's tools anymore, but you're knowledge of your opponents character and how good you are at maximizing damage in the neutral game. Every poke, counterpoke, anti-air and whiff punish matters in a bad matchup.

i don't like playing matchups htat i have a heavy advantage in... i like 4-6's on both sides

then again there is nothing more fun that beating a cyrax 90% of the game with baraka or shang, and then losing to a 50 percent unbreakable when they have 20 percent life and you have full bars... or whiffing an anti-air for a 90 percent reset.... that is the most fun i have ever had in fighting games.

Generally I don't mind. Some 4-6 MUs are actually pretty damn fun, whilst others can be very tedious and slow. But you know what? 5-5 MUs can be like that too!

Fuck anything worse than 3-7 though. I want at least a vague chance of winning lol.

Reviving this. I love fighting bad matchups. I love the mental aspect of it. Fighting a kenshi player as sub zero and getting them to actually fear what you are doing is amazing. You can really fuck with their head. However, after a while, it becomes exhausting. As a cage main, 10 of my 12 major tournament matches were against kabal. That's just disheartening, especially since I put tons of time into the matchup, as my training partner mained him. I eventually felt like, how long can I be expected to be perfect?
I would prefer to fight against a kabal with cage than a kenshi for sure. Honest to god i think cage is one of the better options vs his ass. the meter disadvantage is insane but if you get in and make a few good reads you can really make kabal sweat. Atleast you can work your way in and maybe whiff punish a thing or 2 vs kabal... I dont mind matchups like that but playing against a kenshi with sub or cage would just feel like you have to take stupid risks to win... I don't necessarily feel the same about kabal. that being aid running into him at 10/12 majors sounds awful....

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I would prefer to fight against a kabal with cage than a kenshi for sure. Honest to god i think cage is one of the better options vs his ass. the meter disadvantage is insane but if you get in and make a few good reads you can really make kabal sweat. Atleast you can work your way in and maybe whiff punish a thing or 2 vs kabal... I dont mind matchups like that but playing against a kenshi with sub or cage would just feel like you have to take stupid risks to win... I don't necessarily feel the same about kabal. that being aid running into him at 10/12 majors sounds awful....
The matchup is not as bad as kenshi but he beats cage everywhere on the screen. You don't have to take stupid risks to win, but every move you make has a risk reward favoring kabal, even when you are in his face sometimes

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
I love playing bad mu so I can prove to people it isn't. But I hate playing Black Adam players on-line because Cat-woman can't punish hes dive kick.