What's new

Do we have news about a new possible patch? *updated again, Boon on twitter regarding KP3*

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Regardless if it's before or after EVO, this game NEEDS another patch. There are still broken game mechanics within this game. Come on guys "for once" don't you want a "complete" game designed by NRS? Not something that visibly looks buggy and unfinished? I mean this game is awesome and fun but we can't deny its the epitemome of an NRS fighting game. Alien IS busted, there are universal things in the game that still make no sense, and we still have hitbox issues out the ass. I'm all for one more patch, and especially before EVO because let's face it, who wants to get robbed out of big $$$ by something broken?
Notice the Keyword.

Every single NRS game has reach this point, and the so much needed patch never came, NRS has already moved on to Injustice 2.

shura30

Shura
Notice the Keyword.

Every single NRS game has reach this point, and the so much needed patch never came, NRS has already moved on to Injustice 2.
they went all the way down with the new netcode at a time the game was already dying
that's why there's hope

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
We could use one more balance patch at least (depending on how well they actually do it), but I doubt we're getting it.

Even if we don't, the state of balance is acceptable enough to me. I think every character has at least 2 half-decent variations. I think a strong player using the weakest variations in the game will still beat a weaker player very consistently: no variation is nearing auto-win or auto-lose.

The most I think we may realistically get is fixes to obviously broken things like Alien and Cyrax. Besides that, I expect them to divert all dev resources to
Injustice 2.

As a Ferra/Torr main, I can't complain with how they turned out one bit :p.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
eh, he should keep the armored flip.
Given everything Alien has, a 50/50 wakeup game isn't something he really needs, and is the kind of stuff that pushes him over the edge. Especially when it hits you from so far in front, above, and behind him.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Given everything Alien has, a 50/50 wakeup game isn't something he really needs, and is the kind of stuff that pushes him over the edge. Especially when it hits you from so far in front, above, and behind him.
but heres the problem then, why would u ever use the ex flip outside of a combo then? same thing with people saying he should lose the armor on his ex tail grab.....only its worse because ex tail grab doesnt even launch, so armor is the only thing it has going for it.

THTB

but heres the problem then, why would u ever use the ex flip outside of a combo then?
Then it gets regulated to starting combos.

The problems it causes by having armor are notable. It's too much for a character that has too much extra stuff as is.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Then it gets regulated to starting combos.

The problems it causes by having armor are notable. It's too much for a character that has too much extra stuff as is.
i don't feel that way about it, but thats fine. Concidering Mkx is pretty over the top in general im not really bothered by it. That being said i won't be surprised if we don't get a patch.

THTB

i don't feel that way about it, but thats fine. Concidering Mkx is pretty over the top in general im not really bothered by it. That being said i won't be surprised if we don't get a patch.
Yeah, at this point, a patch seems unlikely. Which is unfortunate. It sucks, though, because some of this stuff was problematic before the final update, and never got fixed.

haketh

Noob
but heres the problem then, why would u ever use the ex flip outside of a combo then? same thing with people saying he should lose the armor on his ex tail grab.....only its worse because ex tail grab doesnt even launch, so armor is the only thing it has going for it.
You do EX Flip outside of a combo to mix someone up from range for a pop up like Fox constantly did at ESL

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Yeah, at this point, a patch seems unlikely. Which is unfortunate. It sucks, though, because some of this stuff was problematic before the final update, and never got fixed.
i just like to think of this game in the same vein as marvel, though where marvel has its crazyness due to infinites, mkx crazyness comes at the fundamental level. Instead of infinites we got 3/4 screen 50/50's and HTB's.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
You do EX Flip outside of a combo to mix someone up from range for a pop up like Fox constantly did at ESL
but without armor, your better off just doing something like f4 then instead of raw ex flip without armor. I'd say it was because of the armor that fox was doing it, because he knew it would blow up advancing strings as well.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
Just cause they have a tendency to drop patches right before events doesn't mean it's smart to do so. It's dumb as hell.
It would be dump NOT to patch the game before the biggest tournament of the year,it is so embarrassing for the developers the fact that from a 35 chars game,the winner will be one of Takeda,mileena,alien and sonya.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
one more patch to slightly nerf alien would be nice. that acidic damage and the F134 mixup. Honestly i cant think of anything else that would need fixing
Sometimes I wonder what is wrong with you,i really can't express myself right now because I will be banned.Are you serious man?you think the only problem is acidic?
Foxy won money by doing b12 online,
Johnny's f3 is broke as fuck and 1.000.000 plus frames
Takeda after his unlockable setups got a 7frame poke.can you please think before you reply these things?

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
I think how rarely they patch the game feels lazy. We've had 1 patch in the last 8 months? Not counting hot fixes. Very due for atleast 1 update before they let the game decay. I'd appreciate it before EVO. Otherwise I think were going to see alot more Alien in tournament and some very repetitive Mileena and thats hard to spectate IMO. Not to say that Foxy is bad because he's not.