What's new

Do Monitors Make That Big Of A Difference?

• ROG pg348Q has 9ms input lag it passes.
  • acer curved hd predator z35 4ms HAS 9ms input lag and it also passes
  • benq xr3501 this one is a bit different and is above 10ms input delay, but it is in my opinion the best of both worlds. has at least 1 frame of input lag but has very good display color and sound. it passes if you don't mind one frame of input lag. max lag could be around 23ms
what i mean by best of both worlds is, normally you sacrifice Sound and Color to get Response time and Low Input Delay. but this one has pretty low Input Delay(Lag) and has good picture quality and sound. and looks kinda cool.

Me personally i would pick one of the top two because i am very very OCD when it come to frame perfect. but if you are not doing anything but playing at home with friends i think 1 frame of lag will not hurt you. and online will not be horrible. compared to my old tv with 70ms yes thats right like 7 frames of lag at minimum. thats what my Toshiba had, and that motherfucker cost over a grand. i use that one only for blue rays and thats it.
At least you put that motherfucker to some good use, thanks for the response, when you give the response in ms for speed and lag input i assume that does not take into account the Gsync, since ps4 does not have the graphic card to support g sync, that is for pc, here is a 29 inch asus I came across with less than 9 ms of response and less than 9 ms of input lag, it is the asus MX299Q, what is your opinion of this monitor

At least you put that motherfucker to some good use, thanks for the response, when you give the response in ms for speed and lag input i assume that does not take into account the Gsync, since ps4 does not have the graphic card to support g sync, that is for pc, here is a 29 inch asus I came across with less than 9 ms of response and less than 9 ms of input lag, it is the asus MX299Q, what is your opinion of this monitor
  • benq xr3501 this one is a bit different and is above 10ms input delay, but it is in my opinion the best of both worlds. has at least 1 frame of input lag but has very good display color and sound. it passes if you don't mind one frame of input lag. max lag could be around 23ms
what i mean by best of both worlds is, normally you sacrifice Sound and Color to get Response time and Low Input Delay. but this one has pretty low Input Delay(Lag) and has good picture quality and sound. and looks kinda cool.

Me personally i would pick one of the top two because i am very very OCD when it come to frame perfect. but if you are not doing anything but playing at home with friends i think 1 frame of lag will not hurt you. and online will not be horrible. compared to my old tv with 70ms yes thats right like 7 frames of lag at minimum. thats what my Toshiba had, and that motherfucker cost over a grand. i use that one only for blue rays and thats it.
Here is a tough question for you, you are very frame precise, I like that, iam an older person, 53, this is my first PS, been playing mkx for 8 months now, only offline cpu hard setting, have a very nice win rate, all matches are counted, not just the ones of convient wins, last 700 matches I have 679 wins against the CPU on hard, but that is only against 3 characters, I am spending most of my time in the lab on hard practice mode, learning the moves of a character over a month or two, understanding their safe vs unsafe based on frame data, learning to recognize their basic moves, so to know when to keep blocking and when topunish and when to full kombo punish based on frame data, have a long way to go, but iam in no rush, I am not ready for online play for some time, I know online is full of superior masters of the game, of which have been playing this game for years, what draws me to this game is the detailed mechanics and the fact it will take years for me to truly understand and to develop into an ok player when venture online, with all of that I take this game seriously, play for fun but take it seriously, what size, make of monitor do you suggest, I want nice clear/detailed graphic display, excellent color, large enough to see, fast response and low lag input, of all the monitors out there which exact one is closest to the criteria, I know no one monitor will meet all the needs I listed, but which one do you think comes the closest, and that is the one I will buy, thanks. The kombos I pull off on hard CPU single fight range from 25 to 34 %, I spend lots of hours practicing and looking up kombos, practice on hard mode once I get them down on the dummie character, takes time to get them down on an actively blocking and attacking opponent, but this is what make this wounderful and challenging game so much fun

Last edited:

Found another nice monitor LG 27UD68 60 hz, under 4K, 3840 resolution, 5ms, I have searched for several hours to find the lag input, would you happen to be able to know what it's lag input is, I went to the store a viewed this monitor

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Found another nice monitor LG 27UD68 60 hz, under 4K, 3840 resolution, 5ms, I have searched for several hours to find the lag input, would you happen to be able to know what it's lag input is, I went to the store a viewed this monitor
ill check it out in a sec ill let you know doggy.

that one works off Freesync so itll take longer to find
those are kinda up and down. but it should in theory lower input lag on a 4k display. lets see.

that was the hardest to find out of all the ones you asked me:

I found one test showing 15ms input lag and the second they made showed 22ms and the 3rd showed 11ms.

What i have come to my conclusion and id say its a very cool One but in the end i think the Freesync makes this choice a unpredictable one. and you should choose another one.

Last edited:

those are kinda up and down. but it should in theory lower input lag on a 4k display. lets see.

I found one test showing 15ms input lag and the second they made showed 22ms and the 3rd showed 11ms.

What i have come to my conclusion and id say its a very cool One but in the end i think the Freesync makes this choice a unpredictable one. and you should choose another one.
I will omit that monitor, the last one I will consider is the asus mx299q ihave found two sites that say it has a lag of 7 to 9 ms can you confirm this, and what is you opinion of monitors with a 21:9 screen for mkx, I figure it will be this mx299q or the one you have vs279q

MadeOfMetal

I will omit that monitor, the last one I will consider is the asus mx299q ihave found two sites that say it has a lag of 7 to 9 ms can you confirm this, and what is you opinion of monitors with a 21:9 screen for mkx, I figure it will be this mx299q or the one you have vs279q

ASUS MX299Q is 9ms Input Delay with 3MS GTG its good

i just use normal aspect ratio monitors so we don't have that added laggy possibility. but i use 27"rs. like i said before, they are good in size for the bang for buck. and damn good machines.

what is the one i have again ohh yeah:

(CLICK ME :rASUS VS278Q-P 27" Full HD 1920x1080 1ms DisplayPort HDMI VGA Back-lit LED Monitor:lClick ME)
$200.59 USD
with free shipping
Input Delay - 10ms
Grey to Grey - 1ms

Honestly this is the cheapest i found. with the best specs, i tested it later and it showed 9ms, thats why i bought 2 of them. 2W X2 Speakers built in and a connection to add external speakers if needed.

I compared it to BenQ, LG, AOG, and many others. and it was the cheapest for the top of the line performance.

But if you want looks go with some of the others i said where good that you asked about.

But if you like that one get it i think its good enough. and it should be as good as mine. and mine has no noticable lag, and basically i get first hit every game online ;)

ASUS MX299Q is 9ms Input Delay with 3MS GTG its good

i just use normal aspect ratio monitors so we don't have that added laggy possibility. but i use 27"rs. like i said before, they are good in size for the bang for buck. and damn good machines.

what is the one i have again ohh yeah:

(CLICK ME :rASUS VS278Q-P 27" Full HD 1920x1080 1ms DisplayPort HDMI VGA Back-lit LED Monitor:lClick ME)
$200.59 USD
with free shipping
Input Delay - 10ms
Grey to Grey - 1ms

Honestly this is the cheapest i found. with the best specs, i tested it later and it showed 9ms, thats why i bought 2 of them. 2W X2 Speakers built in and a connection to add external speakers if needed.

I compared it to BenQ, LG, AOG, and many others. and it was the cheapest for the top of the line performance.

But if you want looks go with some of the others i said where good that you asked about.

But if you like that one get it i think its good enough. and it should be as good as mine. and mine has no noticable lag, and basically i get first hit every game online ;)
Thanks for being patient with me, just got back from the store with the asus vs278q-p, I should have just listened to you from the beginning, thanks for all of you help made of metal(MOM)

hey M.O.M., love this monitor, so glad I listened to you, have some questions,

1) my playing buddy may want to buy my tv, loves the look when we play at my house, I told him it has above 10 ms of lag, the model is vizio
M492i-B2 , would you be kind enough to know the response in ms and the lag input in ms and let me know, I would rather he purchase a monitor, and if I have factual numbers in front of me and explain to him that in a 60 frame per second game, "X" ms in lag equalibrates to "Y" ms of delayed time of frames, which puts you behind the eight ball for quickness of play.

2) what is exact cut off in lag input for you where you say no way, such as 16 ms of lag, 17 ms or what?, thanks again scott

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Not only does he have to worry about the the ms and lag input, tell him the resolution on a computer monitor will be clearer and sharper than a TV since a TV has way less pixels than a monitor.

Even if he gets a 9ms monitor, it will be a major step-up from a tv with worse lag and worse resolution.

MadeOfMetal

I lost my 1st tournament because of the input delay, i dropped every cancel and by the time i started to adapt i was out of the pools. Tournament was on Widescreen tv and i am used to monitors, I had no idea about input delay back then and didn't know what to do. I thought Raiden betrayed me then.

May i ask how to get red of input delay on widescreens TVs? Does switching to gamemode help?
Just to make this point perfectly clear, TV's are made to process Mutiple Colors and great Sound. and Monitors are ment for Speed.

never get a TV to do what a monitor is meant for. There is no special button to press to make a TV have a different Processing chip. They process info differently that causes the lag in a simple way of putting it. the problem is internal not in the program function that you can switch like Game Mode. only option is Get a Gaming Monitor that is below 2ms GTG and 10ms Input Delay. and whatever size you waznt it at, Reccommended above 23" i use 27" i like that size, the bigger the more you can see.

kencheese

sub zero cryomancer
having had one for cloise to 6 months now. Yes they do make all tyhe differenc ein the world. and Online ohh yeah.

I was getting close to 6 frames of lag with my Toshiba 1080p high def TV Flatscreen.

now that i have ASUS gaming monitor at 1ms response and 1ms Input Delay time. i Have no lag. and when i play online i feel like i get first hit every match and always get the hit before hand.

on my TV i felt like i was Lagging when i had 120ms connections, this is because your TV can add up to 70MS input dealy as well as your delay from internet connection like 200ms in game connection that will equal: 16 frames of lag.

you can divide your ms by 16.67 on a 60FPS game or video and on a 30FPS display you divide your MS by 33.3

I reccomend getting my ( Click Me:r ASUS VS278Q-P 27" Gaming Monitor 1ms/1ms :lClick Me)

On display LAg .com they describe that there are two different MS things to worrie about, there is Screen Response time which will be displayed in [MS response time] aqnd then there is TV/Monitor [Input Delay] which is also displayed in MS

Acceptable ranges for Gaming Tournaments is below 8ms Input Delay and below 5ms Response.

definitely look at Displaylag.com to find one in your specs and price range, and weed out the toasters.
Nice information, I have an LG tv, I found an LG monitor that is 27 inches, I have tried to find the input lag for the monitor the model is LG27UD68 it has high resolution, would you have the where about to know what the input lag in for that monitor.