What's new

Do Monitors Make That Big Of A Difference?

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
What is the difference between 1ms and 10ms (can it be felt?) I believe I have a 10ms Monitor and I definitely felt the difference when I transitioned from my TV which was roughly around 40ms.

I apologize in advance for bumping an old thread.

http://www.displaylag.com/testing-method/
this website is a great database but a ton of the monitors I'm looking into aren't in the system and I'm struggling a bit. Anyone else know any similar websites?
This was the best site I found for solid information, there is another site out there, I don't remember the name, I will try and find it for you and will let you know, It had tvs and monitors not on the display lag.com site, what are you using a monitor for, a hi pace game or something more relaxed in game play

I can't find my current TV on that site. Does anybody know what sort of input lag there is on a Samsung UE22H5000 with gaming mode enabled?
I bought an asus m279q monitor, in game mode 9ms of lag and I bought a Samsung un49ks8000( very hard to find now) in game mode 20.9 ms of lag, the monitor play was very jittery with character movements, gave me motion sickness, I have an iron cast gut, found komboing very odd, graphics sucked, then played on the samsung, and wow was able to pull of all the kombos I could not do on the monitor or the previous tv Vizio with 44 ms of lag(very jittery motion), splendid detailed graphics and very smooth character motio and no motion blur, on the old tv I could not even get b2~d1~b12, by the time I did b12 the opponent(stand still dummie) was already on the ground, with the monitor I could get the b12 to connect very infrequently, and with the new tv I can get b2~d1~d1~b12xxdb2 almost all the time, if you can find one get it, iam doing kombos now that I saw players doing on Youtube, so much fun now and feel so much more relaxed playing

I found it, Rtings.com. Thanks!
Roughly 50 ms of lag, try to find a tv with less tha 22-24 ms of lag, and WITH LITTLE MOTION BLUR, the Vizio 2016 is 17ms of lag but the motion blur is not very good, the new Samsung un49 mu8000 is actually a down grade from the one I got, 4 ms of lag greater, faster response time but I was told the motion blur is poor and it is not quantum dot, if you can find the one I got, no longer made, you will really love it, call Best Buy and have them do a national search for any that are still in stock, you will be glad you did

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Guys,

It's time that I will need to get a new TV monitor. Can any soul help this soul looking for a good monitor for fighting games (and generally for gaming, and nothing else)? I'm looking for one with low input lag.

My current 47" LCD TV monitor is about to get its dust, because I see white lines whenever I open it, and that's a sign that it's about to end its circle of life.

Guys,

It's time that I will need to get a new TV monitor. Can any soul help this soul looking for a good monitor for fighting games (and generally for gaming, and nothing else)? I'm looking for one with low input lag.

My current 47" LCD TV monitor is about to get its dust, because I see white lines whenever I open it, and that's a sign that it's about to end its circle of life.
go to displaylag.com and you can see a large selection of computer monitors and 4k hdtv, get a tv with 20 ms of lag or less only a couple of them made Samsung, sony new version and lg are the best each has several series that are low lag, scott

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I've recently laid my hands on an Acer Predator XB1 and it's godlike.
I can recommend it to everyone with an nvidia card.

for those who are still searching for the better fg monitors, here some lagfree screens u can buy for less money then "dedicated" gaming monitors lol
remember guys, less then a half frame (8.0 ms) is considered as lagfree and fg approved.

Asus MX279H - 4.2 ms input lag
BenQ GW2450HM - 6.0 ms input lag
ASUS VG248QE - 3.9 ms input lag

if u find any of them second hand, go for it!

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Hey all, wondering if I can get some input on Monitors.

I'm getting a CPU for the family, possibly a Lenovo 510 or 710 series but I'm getting a Gaming Monitor for it. The CPU itself will not be used for PC Gaming but regular CPU use stuff: Office, Video & Photo editing, movies, YouTube, Netflix etc...

The PS4 will be used for Gaming. Basically the Monitor will be shared between the CPU and PS4.

Is it possible to have good visuals and colours as well as low input lag for around $500AUD? ($600AUDMax)

I was thinking the BenQ RL2455 initially but I'm not too sure about the overall display. So I'm now leaning towards an ASUS or ViewSonic. I need to check them out this weekend to see them in action.

Anyone use a monitor for both a console and CPU and any recommendations?

Thanks in Advance

You shouldn't have any trouble with that kind of cash. I run an IPS display on my PC that had to gave amazingly good color and actual display properties because my GF is a professional photographer and uses it for editing work.. and we spent less than 300$ and got an mx279h by ASUS that according to Displaylag has 9ms, so very good. Rated Excellent for gaming use. And I have a second monitor, an HP w2338h that's difficult to find official tests for, but what unofficial tests I've found have put this thing's display lag at obscenely low levels, on par with "competitive" monitors.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
that monitor has 6.2 ms not 9
http://www.prad.de/new/monitore/test/2013/test-asus-mx279h-teil6.html#Latenzzeit
this is a german site who test monitors since forever.
well, i only trust german engineering ;D
but even 9 ms are good tho hehe
6.2 is even better so I'll take it! Lol. I found another resource somewhere that said like 5 or something but I think that might have been advertising literature.

@MAPUSA can you check that website and see if they have specs for an HP w2338h? Cant find much info on this monitor. I can't understand the site you posted so I dunno how to search it lol