What's new

DLC Speculation

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Okay serious question

Why are people having Pennywise as a DLC character
He makes zero sense at all, compared to a guest character like Spawn.

Same goes to Myers, makes no sense for a fighting game
Like, what would his specials be?
Pennywise is owned by WB
MK is owned by WB
Pennywise is a horror icon
MK has horror icons as DLC
It was a box office success back in 2017 when I’m sure this game was in development. It chapter 2 comes out this year.
Most of the horror icons in MK either had a movie come out or were having one come out

We’re getting 6 characters. Assuming Shang comes out in May, Pennywise would be the 5th character in September because the movie comes out the same month.

It’s almost a shoe in tbh. I’d be very surprised if we didn’t get him.
Also, don’t think pennywise is a clown. He actually isn’t. He’s an entity that takes the form of a clown because that’s a common fear for a child. A MK game that has a man eating, shape shifting entity? I’m here for it.

Michael makes no sense tho as he’s basically Jason.

Last edited:
Pennywise is owned by WB
MK is owned by WB
Pennywise is a horror icon
MK has horror icons as DLC
It was a box office success back in 2017 when I’m sure this game was in development. It chapter 2 comes out this year.
Most of the horror icons in MK either had a movie come out or were having one come out

We’re getting 6 characters. Assuming Shang comes out in May, Pennywise would be the 5th character in September because the movie comes out the same month.

It’s almost a shoe in tbh. I’d be very surprised if we didn’t get him.
Also, don’t think pennywise is a clown. He actually isn’t. He’s an entity that takes the form of a clown because that’s a common fear for a child. A MK game that has a man eating, shape shifting entity? I’m here for it.

Michael makes no sense tho as he’s basically Jason.
I prefer no guest characters, but I know we will be getting some. It's tradition at this point. In which case, I would choose Michael Myers. We had Freddy and Jason already. You might as well complete that trio of classic slasher villains. And Michael has enough differences from Jason to qualify, I think. For example, even though both use bladed weapons, his is noticeably different.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I prefer no guest characters, but I know we will be getting some. It's tradition at this point. In which case, I would choose Michael Myers. We had Freddy and Jason already. You might as well complete that trio of classic slasher villains. And Michael has enough differences from Jason to qualify, I think. For example, even though both use bladed weapons, his is noticeably different.
What differences tho?
Both are super strong
Both are incredibly hard to kill
Both wear masks

The only difference is Jason uses a machete and Michael uses a butcher knife. And Jason has been in space...LOL

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
With the recent Nintendo switch Data mined information saying:
there will be 13 DLC I feel this means we will have two Kombat Packs consisting of 6 DLC each.
The theory that 6 is characters and 7 are skins don't really make sense to me. Shao Kahn is DLC and that would make 14 if you counted the skins as filling those slots.
So I'm more inclined to believe that we have two KPs like previous games. This is also supported by Ed Boon's rapid fire questions where he says we have 25 base characters and 30-something after DLC. 25+6+6= 37
Seems like a good number to me and it matches up with even mk website roster which seems to leave out guests from that roster page until they are announced.

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
With the recent Nintendo switch Data mined information saying:
there will be 13 DLC I feel this means we will have two Kombat Packs consisting of 6 DLC each.
The theory that 6 is characters and 7 are skins don't really make sense to me. Shao Kahn is DLC and that would make 14 if you counted the skins as filling those slots.
So I'm more inclined to believe that we have two KPs like previous games. This is also supported by Ed Boon's rapid fire questions where he says we have 25 base characters and 30-something after DLC. 25+6+6= 37
Seems like a good number to me and it matches up with even mk website roster which seems to leave out guests from that roster page until they are announced.
shao kahn doesnt count as he's a preorder bonus. he's not part of the kombat pack, so he's not part of the 13 items. Though I do think there will be 6 in the kombat pack 2, just dont think thats what the 13 is referring to

Espio

Kokomo
I expect two guests, Shang Tsung and then the last three to go along with the Trilogy theme of any of the following: Nightwolf, Sheeva, Stryker, Sindel, Smoke and one of the following 3D era: Havik or Sareena. I hope they don't do a rumor character, but wouldn't put it past them. I think this is the time for UMK3 characters that weren't playable to shine so I doubt we will see Triborg or any variant of Sektor/Cyrax, Reptile, Mileena or Ermac. Takeda and Kung Jin are probably SOL too.

LawAbidingCitizen

Nightwolf, Sheeva, Stryker, Sindel, Smoke and one of the following 3D era: Havik or Sareena.
I think those are great picks aside from Havik which I don't think many 3D characters will make it. I never really was a 3D player TBH but there are characters that seem cool enough like Fujin despite Cetrion. Sareena seems like a good pick as well. Sektor and Cyrax do seem like possibilities for DLC I'm and with the Cyber Initiative in MK11 I think it's a real possibility.

I want Reptile, Mileena and Fujin but I think their chances are slim. Smoke, Ermac, Nightwolf, Stryker and maybe Sindel have higher chances to at least get one of them.

I was devastated after seeing Erron and Kitana basically deconfirming Mileena and Reptile but at least some of Mileena is part of Kitana.

LawAbidingCitizen

shao kahn doesnt count as he's a preorder bonus. he's not part of the kombat pack, so he's not part of the 13 items. Though I do think there will be 6 in the kombat pack 2, just dont think thats what the 13 is referring to
Yes he isn't part of KP but he is DLC so that's why I included him in the 13. He's a pre-order but everyone still has to download him especially if they don't pre-order. So I believe Shang and Shao Khan will take up 2 of the 13 leaked leaving 11 unknown DLC.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Okay, so here's what I think. NRS always adds a character or two that no one expects as DLC. For an example: in MKX everyone was begging for Noob, Sindel, Jade, Fujin, Sareena, Rain, Baraka, you get the point. But they decided to add Bo' Rai Cho instead of any of the characters I just listed.

With that being said, Ed did mention how DLC would bring back more fan favorite characters (plural) like the ones they were doing in the base game. We're getting Shang Tsung and I think at LEAST one more Trilogy-era character, but maybe more.

Then of course, guests are a given. We are probably getting two, but three is a possibility as well.
  • SHANG TSUNG: Confirmed.
  • SINDEL: One of the fight-able NPCs from MKX story mode. Baraka is back, seems that Rain is out, but we still don't know about Sindel. For now, I'm thinking she could be DLC.
  • STRYKER: John Cena randomly posted Stryker's render from MK9 a couple months ago. This could be "low request" character that they add, but he would still match with the Trilogy theme AND getting John Cena could make him more interesting to some. Ronda Rousey is already portraying Sonya Blade in the base game, so I don't think it's out of the question for them to get more wrestlers to portray other characters.
  • SAREENA: Actually had a fair amount of requests during MKX's lifespan and even showed up during story mode. Could be the 3D-era character. She was only playable in MK Tournament Edition and Armageddon (which pretty much everyone had to be) so I think they could get away with redesigning her quite a bit in comparison to other 3D characters.
  • PENNYWISE: IT Chapter 2 is coming out later this year, the first movie was a success, he's owned by WB, NRS always does horror guests, and he could fit well within the Custom Variation system because he can basically turn into and cause hallucinations of anything which opens a lot of moveset potential. He also speaks, so he could have dialogue unlike most (if not all) of the horror guest they have done in the past making him more interesting in comparison.
  • SPAWN: I think he's finally happening because the creator of the character said he thinks he's finally on his way, and his toy company is now producing MK toys. If not Spawn, then either Micheal Myers or Terminator.
I don't think we are getting Fujin because I'm pretty sure someone translated a background prop and it says something like "Fuck Fujin" so I don't think NRS cares for him too much. They don't seem to care too much about the 3D era in general, so I think the characters they will bring back are ones that they could easily redesign because maybe they didn't get much attention or something.

I don't think any of the MKX characters will return as DLC, so no Takeda, Kung Jin, or Ferra/Torr. I'm not sure if NRS would move MKX characters from the base game to DLC.

I think Kombat Pack 2 will happen and the line-up will be similar.

Peter Quill

You’re No Fun
If we get a guest...

Excuse me...

When we INEVITABLY get 5 guests, all of whom no one asked for, I can GUARANTEE, calling it now, take it to the bank, we’re getting Pennywise.

He’s a WB IP, he’s relevant, he’s popular, he’s got a movie coming out THIS YEAR. It’s happening. Signed, sealed, delivered. Consider this a leak, that’s how dead-ass confidant I am that this is going to happen.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
If we get a guest...

Excuse me...

When we INEVITABLY get 5 guests, all of whom no one asked for, I can GUARANTEE, calling it now, take it to the bank, we’re getting Pennywise.

He’s a WB IP, he’s relevant, he’s popular, he’s got a movie coming out THIS YEAR. It’s happening. Signed, sealed, delivered. Consider this a leak, that’s how dead-ass confidant I am that this is going to happen.
Bold of you to assume absolutely nobody asked for Pennywise. Or Spawn. Or any other INEVITABLE guest.

But I mean, I'm hype for him.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Bold of you to assume absolutely nobody asked for Pennywise. Or Spawn. Or any other INEVITABLE guest.

But I mean, I'm hype for him.
yeah ..... and then, when we see Pennywise having some of Mileena Ravenous variation moves from MKX, will be hilarious discovering that this too was one of the reasons Ed Boon and NRS took her out from MK11 .... haha ! ;):p

Last edited:

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
yeah ..... and then, when we see Pennywise having some of Mileena Ravenous variation moves from MKX, will be hilarious discovering that this too as one of the reasons Ed Boon and NRS took her out from MK11 .... haha ! ;):p

I'd still play and love Pennywise if he had those moves. Just like I'm gonna play and love Kitana with Mileena's sai moves.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I think Sareena has been forgotten too, but I'd like to have her back.
yeah .... since as Mileena is definitely out, why not just give Sareena a chance to be DLC, giving her new cool special moves and expanding her background story somehow ? what about NRS ? You did cool with Sareena updated look in MKX story mode, why not make her better and part of MK11 ? :rolleyes:

Pizza

Thrill Kill
yeah .... since as Mileena is definitely out, why not just give Sareena a chance to be DLC, giving her new cool special moves and expanding her background story somehow ? what about NRS ? You did cool with Sareena updated look in MKX story mode, why not make her better and part of MK11 ? :rolleyes:
Imagine if Sareena played a role (with Kia, Jataaka and some others) in the fight against Revenants Liu Kang and Kitana, and trying to improve the Netherrealm for a change now that Shinnok and Quan Chi aren't around anymore. Sareena leading the Netherrealm on a new direction, less belicous and sadist.

But, you know... LOL ask Vogel or the comics guy!

Smoke/Enenra
Rain
Nightwolf
Havik
Reiko
Sindel
Hydro
Chameleon
Whatever guests... Id like to see some Injustice baddies come over (Deathstroke, Deadshot, black Manta, scarecrow - any of them will do)
Deadpool! That badass of scorpion mixed with the funniness of Johnny Cage

Smoke/Enenra
Rain
Nightwolf
Havik
Reiko
Sindel
Hydro
Chameleon
Whatever guests... Id like to see some Injustice baddies come over (Deathstroke, Deadshot, black Manta, scarecrow - any of them will do)
Deadpool! That badass of scorpion mixed with the funniness of Johnny Cage
I feel like mine is mostly accurate but I would much prefer Enenra over Sindel