What's new

DLC Speculation

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
If they add the unnamed space marine protagonist of Doom as a guest character I’m going to stick my fucking face in a blender.

I think there will be more MK9 guys, and 3D era representation (we got Tanya and Bo' Rai Cho last time). At least one female character is likely.

Let's say Sareena/Sindel, Smoke/Nightwolf, Fujin/Reiko +2 guests.

Kombat Pack 2 will be the opportunity for Mileena, Reptile, etc., if fan demand continues, although I imagine it's going to be smaller than KP1.

Thingy

Retired account
I want Nightwolf...obviously. As a guest, I would hope to see Pennywise. That would be hype AF.

Other than that, I am open minded to characters from past NRS games.

Last edited:

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
I seriously don't think any base roster characters from MKX will be DLC in MK11. This includes Mileena, Takeda, Ermac, Reptile, and whoever else.
That said, the characters I do think have a good chance of being in alongside Shang Tsung are:
  • Sindel and Nightwolf: both these characters, alongside Kabal, make up the MK3 newcomer trinity and are always included in the same games, and I think they are popular enough to warrant their inclusion as DLC
  • Smoke (human): the pack is probably gonna have some ninja character in it and I think Smoke is a fair enough choice. Triborg Smoke being an amalgamation of both Smokes was interesting but NRS might want to remake this character and add a real, complete version of him in
  • Sektor: I don't know why, but I have a strange feeling he might be in. With the whole story of the Cyber Lin Kuei being brought back and all that, and Sektor's remains still technically existing in the Lin Kuei temple, there might be some story set up for him being rebuilt and coming back. Some people have been suggesting "cyber Hydro" may be added in this game but that's just absurd. Additionally, similiarly to Smoke above, NRS might want to make a complete version of Sektor in this game
  • 3D Era characters: if previous MK DLC packs have shown us anything, is that there'll definitely be at least one 3D Era aka post-MK3/pre-MK9 character in this game's Kombat Pack as well. For this game I am betting on Fujin and Sareena, but there's really no way to tell. I never would've guessed Tanya and Bo' Rai Cho would have been it for MKX
  • Original/unexpected/"rumor" characters: similarly to the group above, there's been, more or less, one character of this kind in every pack as well, so it is fair to assume it'll happen again. Perhaps C/Khameleon could fit this category in this game
  • Guest characters: I'll keep it short and sweet for those who do not enjoy them - Pennywise, Spawn, Michael Myers, Terminator, and the Doom Slayer aka Doomguy
tl;dr here's my full Kombat Pack prediction:
Shang Tsung, Sektor, Sindel, Fujin, Pennywise, Spawn

If i pretend i never heard any leaks, here's my wishlist:

• Smoke (human) / Enenra
  • Sektor & Cyrax (or some type of a #-borg character)
  • Ermac
  • Nightwolf
  • Goro (i know hes laying dead in his lair, but what the hell)
  • Mileena

Kratilim

Noob
Out of the MK characters, I'd like to see Fujin and/or Havik. Although those two need a pretty heavy redesign in order to be actually interesting in their fighting styles.

Probably/Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I would actually rather have a guest like Terminator or Pennywise than have them revive most of the 3D era cast (Hotaru for example...). Or hell even over Sindel or Nightwolf.

IamBatface

www.mixer.com/WilfyDee
I think Sindel is a good shout, Spawn too as he been heavily requested for so long and both parties seem willing. I wouldn't be surprised to see Michael Myers as well with another Halloween movie coming out the end of the year.

Ah! Yes, Mortal Kombat is severely lacking an undead vengeful character that utilizes some sort of chain weapon. It demands Spawn, it needs him. Oh wait, no it doesn’t. Honestly Kobra would be a more DLC than edgy comic book weak ass Scorpion.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Ah! Yes, Mortal Kombat is severely lacking an undead vengeful character that utilizes some sort of chain weapon. It demands Spawn, it needs him. Oh wait, no it doesn’t. Honestly Kobra would be a more DLC than edgy comic book weak ass Scorpion.
You seem positive.

Also

Spawn has a cape. Scorpion doesn't. So Spawn outranks him.

t3kwytch3r

Stone-Kold-Zoner
Ignoring any leaks, and including the Konfirmation of Shang Tsung, my 5 HOPES for DLC are:

Fujin: Not a huge fanboy of him, but he deserves to be playable. I always loved the concept of wind powers. And we could use a character with as minimal weapon usage as possible.

Takeda: The Koolest Kombat Kid, i love the potential for gear and ability customisation he has. Although i love Kenshi, his son can fulfill a playstyle similar to him if necessary.

Havik: A super interesting character design, who i would reckon could have great dialogue with many of the characters in this game. His body contorting moves with modern graphics would be difficult to animate, but amazing to see.

Sheeva: Shokan representation dammit! She was the first ever playable shokan, and they did her some dirt in Mk9. Bring her back, make her viable and make her interesting! I always wanted her to fire 4 small projectiles quickly as opposed to 1 huge projectile. Give me my rapid fire shokannon!

Sareena: Amazing backstory, and with Quan Chi being dead her presence could make sense. Her abilities in kombat have always been fairly vague, i'd like to see them flesh her out somewhat.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
I'd love NOT to have guest fighters at all, but it won't happen. So realistically I think we will get 4 MK chars and 2 guests. As i don't care about 2 guests, it's whatever for me who that be, but in terms of MK chars (Shang is already confirmed so not counting) I'd love to see:

Rain - he deserves that more than anyone! And YES, I would pay for him AGAIN!
Mileena - favourite MK woman of all time!
Nightwolf - I just feel that he would fit into this game well

If we get 2nd kombat pack I'd love to have:

Havik - one of the best 3D era characters, endless potential in moves and dialogues
Ermac - we don't have ANY telekinetic fighter yet - we definitelly need the best one!
Sektor - we NEED cyborg! And I'm picking best one
Fujin - no explanation needed - missed opportunity of not having him base roster tbh

very close was Sindel, Sheeva, Smoke, Reiko and Reptile which I would take over ANY guest chars!

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
  1. Shang Tsung
  2. Mileena
  3. Smoke
  4. Sindel
  5. Sareena
  6. Spawn
Would love if KP 1 end being this or something like that , but, will be fun to speculate what gonna really happen until the official announcement :D

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Mileena unlocked by completing story mode.
Ermac unlocked in the krypt.

DLC:
  • Shang
  • Guest1
  • Ermac
  • Sindel
DLC2:
  • Sheeva
  • Smoke
  • Guest2
  • Nightwolf
EDIT: Rain also unlockable. Forgot about him. We'd have 3 secret characters then.

kantboy-2

Ripper
KP1
Shang Tsung (confirmed)
Nightwolf
Sindel
Sheeva
Doomslayer (guest)
Joker (guest)

KP 2
Smoke
Reptile
Kenshi
Takeda
Spawn (guest)

I think there's a cyborg hidden in the Krypt, hanging out with Mileeena.

Spawn will probably appear when McFarlane releases the MK toyline. Marketing synergy and all that crap they love.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
So are we picking what we think it's gonna be or what we WANT it to be? Cause I'm seeing both here...

What I would want:
  1. Shang Tsung
  2. Reptile
  3. Human Smoke
  4. Cyrax
  5. Sektor
  6. Mileena/Rain
What I think it will be:
  1. Shang Tsung
  2. Pennywise
  3. Spawn
  4. Doom Guy
  5. Fullgore
  6. Tinkerbell

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
You know what

I would all be for a KI character as DLC.

MK11 is response and used on the Xbox one, so if they made a deal with Microsoft and had rights to use one or two KI characters, that would be awesome.

I would love seeing Sabrewulf and Fulgore in MK

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I have a feeling Legacy characters will be dlc in both packs. I won't make any predictions; however, I would like to see Reptile, Ermac, Smoke, Fujin, Rain, and Reiko make an appearance.

I never liked the idea of guest characters in fighting games. I felt like it made the game kind of silly and less serious. I can get behind the idea of why it appeals to people, so it's not like I'm critiquing anyone who does enjoy having guest characters in a fighting game. Since this game will ultimately have guest characters I would like to see Doomguy end up as one of them. DOOM eternal is drawing near, so having Doomguy playable in this game would be a great way to promote sales for the game, despite DOOM being an ID ip. I also feel like his brutal nature could contribute to the games aesthetic.