What's new

Guide - Demolition Demolition Sonya Combo list with gifs + Negative Edge video guide

jmt

Noob
So her bnbs don't work anymore and her NE corner reloads are gone and they slowed her b1.

Pretty fucking brutal. Suxxxxxxxxxx

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
Even without negative edge I always labbed some of her combos to get the absolute best damage midscreen. I could get 39% easily, and even with the grenade reload nerf, I can still hit 38% with using all 3 grenades into a safe reload. :)

I can post if y'all are curious

jmt

Noob
Even without negative edge I always labbed some of her combos to get the absolute best damage midscreen. I could get 39% easily, and even with the grenade reload nerf, I can still hit 38% with using all 3 grenades into a safe reload. :)

I can post if y'all are curious
How can you use all 3 grenades? I guess I need to see it.

Lokheit

Noob
I think it will work like when Cyrax got his bombs limited: stuff on the screen before the first hit of the combo connects can still be part of the combo, so maybe with negative edge you will be able to hit 2 stun grenades in some setups.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
It may still be good, but I wouldn't even bother trying to find new stuff for this variation anymore. Even if she could still use 3 grenades + negative edge, reload combos would be mostly useless because she won't be breaking those moves with 2 hits of armor.

Special Forces is the way to go for me.

jmt

Noob
Ok, I'm just asking to be clear here.

NE reload combos in the corner no longer work right?

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
The videos don't seem to be loading right now but the comments sound encouraging.
The first video shows that she can still do reload combos with negative edge in the corner, but it requires one bar. The EX grenade breaks the rule, so you can use 2 stun grenades in the same combo. It has a timer.

And she also kept those trades, so she can still do low poke into nade.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp

You can do it meterless too 33% / With meter 39%

It goes like after the detonation you cant throw the same but with decent air you can throw another granade at the same time you detonate the first one
HOLY SHIT, this is even better! :eek:

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
Gonna check corner reload shit now! Here are the mid optimals I found so hard... not much creativity. I found some like 1 frame shit where you can jump in into F4 but I couldn't land it for an hour so I'll post that when I land it.

B14:

B33:

Gonna check corner reload shit now! Here are the mid optimals I found so hard... not much creativity. I found some like 1 frame shit where you can jump in into F4 but I couldn't land it for an hour so I'll post that when I land it.]
I think I mostly have that, but could you put the inputs too? Thanks so much. On the plus side, this change is going to force me to get better at big combos for little damage. XD

Last edited:

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
Gonna check corner reload shit now! Here are the mid optimals I found so hard... not much creativity. I found some like 1 frame shit where you can jump in into F4 but I couldn't land it for an hour so I'll post that when I land it.

B14:

B33:
This is close to what I labbed yesterday before the patch hit. I kinda like the use of two grenades. It just looks cooler.

How can you use all 3 grenades? I guess I need to see it.
Unfortunately when I heard that only using one of each grenade was allowed, I thought you could still use all 3, except you had to alternate in the way they were used. Since this isn't the case, the combos Ayase posted are about as much as what I could come up with.

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
So far IDK anyone that found higher dmg midscreen without meter than what I posted. With Meter I found 38% iirc midscreen (into reload).

Didn't lab all that much yesterday, after work and gym today I'll lab further and check the corner negative edge combos. :)

Dedlock

Noob
Sonya always gets mistreated because she's not the NRS darling Kitana, but we're not going anywhere. "Retirement my ass."
Kitana has been buffed in every patch, not just in her universals but all her variations have been beefed up and refreshed.

Sonya has been nerfed in every patch and Covert Ops and special forces have not been touched or spiced up since the game was released.

It's very frustrating how they ignore her, I have many suggestions for an enhanced and refreshed Covert Ops,.

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
The EX grenade breaks the rule, so you can use 2 stun grenades in the same combo.
That's not whats actually happening here. There are two possible scenarios that will come of you guys posting this so early.

1. NRS intentionally left in throwing a secondary stun/frag grenade by using the input for the grenade throw to detonate the first. This would be mildly clever, since it still doesnt permit doing reloads mid screen off of a starter but does allow it from a raw grenade. Also would allow reload combos in the corner, but you have to spend the bar.

2. NRS did not intend it, and just poorly coded the change and didnt properly test it. If so, you can expect it to be hotfixed within the next two weeks.

I'll let you decide which you think it is based on their history.

Side note: Her highest dmg output is now midscreen for 1 bar, topping out at 47%. Hasn't changed from before, but I didn't spend a lot of time testing her out since i main someone else now. Being that she was weak to zoning before, she will have a tougher time with zoning matchups now because of the universal stamina changes. Also, with all characters pretty much getting 2 hits of armor on almost everything her oki game is weaker now it seems to me.

What really irritates me about how they went about this change was that in the last patch they gutted her damage with more scaling, double dipped and added even more scaling when comboing during reloads, and then removed the independent timers on grenades using Negative Edge AS WELL AS INPUT BUFFERING because they couldnt be bothered to actually try to balance the character based on her evolving meta.

Now that they've effectively neutered all of her new meta, why wouldnt you revert all of those scaling changes from the last patch as well as the hard detonate timer? The fact that i can do more damage midscreen than i can in the corner is a problem.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
That's not whats actually happening here. There are two possible scenarios that will come of you guys posting this so early.

1. NRS intentionally left in throwing a secondary stun/frag grenade by using the input for the grenade throw to detonate the first. This would be mildly clever, since it still doesnt permit doing reloads mid screen off of a starter but does allow it from a raw grenade. Also would allow reload combos in the corner, but you have to spend the bar.

2. NRS did not intend it, and just poorly coded the change and didnt properly test it. If so, you can expect it to be hotfixed within the next two weeks.

I'll let you decide which you think it is based on their history.

Side note: Her highest dmg output is now midscreen for 1 bar, topping out at 47%. Hasn't changed from before, but I didn't spend a lot of time testing her out since i main someone else now. Being that she was weak to zoning before, she will have a tougher time with zoning matchups now because of the universal stamina changes. Also, with all characters pretty much getting 2 hits of armor on almost everything her oki game is weaker now it seems to me.

What really irritates me about how they went about this change was that in the last patch they gutted her damage with more scaling, double dipped and added even more scaling when comboing during reloads, and then removed the independent timers on grenades using Negative Edge AS WELL AS INPUT BUFFERING because they couldnt be bothered to actually try to balance the character based on her evolving meta.

Now that they've effectively neutered all of her new meta, why wouldnt you revert all of those scaling changes from the last patch as well as the hard detonate timer? The fact that i can do more damage midscreen than i can in the corner is a problem.
Good point. I don't know, we'll see what they do.

As it stands, she can use two grenades of the same type in the same combo off a raw grenade and using negative edge, so she can still do reload combos with 2 or 3 grenades in the same way she used to pre-patch, just have to start the combo with a frag grenade first. Midscreen reloads are pretty pointless now.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
So far IDK anyone that found higher dmg midscreen without meter than what I posted. With Meter I found 38% iirc midscreen (into reload).

Didn't lab all that much yesterday, after work and gym today I'll lab further and check the corner negative edge combos. :)
I don't even use demo but i found a 34% reload midscreen but you need to land a divekick first.
The highest i got mid screen no meter is 36% but its not into reload.
Other than that i don't think you can go higher than that with out meter burning for a mid screen combo.