What's new

Guide - Demolition Demolition Sonya Combo list with gifs + Negative Edge video guide

jmt

Noob
Ok here is a 10 second video showing how I do the reload. So many questions on how to physically input it because you have to hold 1. It's easy once you lab it out.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
The corner reload is easy. It'll become second nature to you with practice.

Now, using NE to do midscreen reload combos is WAY harder. More buttons you need to press and your timing has to be just right.

jmt

Noob
The corner reload is easy. It'll become second nature to you with practice.

Now, using NE to do midscreen reload combos is WAY harder. More buttons you need to press and your timing has to be just right.
It's definitely harder, but just a little bit. If you get the corner reload down, I think you can get the midscreen ones with a little bit of effort.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
Do close stun grenade has less recovery frames or that's just me?

I noticed that whenever Scar goes for the midscreen reload combos he always throws a close one first.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
Do close stun grenade has less recovery frames or that's just me?

I noticed that whenever Scar goes for the midscreen reload combos he always throws a close one first.
Close stun grenade leaves the opponent closer to you, which is good for multiple purposes

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
Yeah, that makes sense. I always used mid grenade though. Throwing a close one means one more button you need to press. lol
Yeah, that also makes sense lol
Throwing normal grenades reduces the risk of input error by a lot. But then again, if you use close grenade on block, you get to detonate and still hit them even if they disrespect your pressure and go for a full combo pubish. Normal grenade doesn't allow to that cause it will obviously land way farther.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
Yeah, that also makes sense lol
Throwing normal grenades reduces the risk of input error by a lot. But then again, if you use close grenade on block, you get to detonate and still hit them even if they disrespect your pressure and go for a full combo pubish. Normal grenade doesn't allow to that cause it will obviously land way farther.
You can trade with some armored reversals by throwing a close nade too. What I was wondering is why Scar was starting his combos with a close nade. Sometimes when I wanted to throw a close nade I got a frag one. :DOGE

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
Does it ever happen to you guys that you're trying to do NE reload with 2 grenades midscreen or in the corner and the second grenade just doesn't come out?

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
My problem is getting a F2, S4 or NE reload to come out. Sonya will just stand there sometimes and teabag. Must be a timing issue.

jmt

Noob
The hardest combo for me is the b322, close nade, normal nade(hold 1), f2, release 1, dd.

A lot of times the f2 comes out too late. Very hard and annoying combo.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
The hardest combo for me is the b322, close nade, normal nade(hold 1), f2, release 1, dd.

It's weird, but the hardest part of this combo for me is detonating the first grenade. You must be frame perfect when you do it. If you detonate it too early, she's gonna have some extra recovery that prevents her from throwing another one immediately, so you have to delay it as much as you can. And if you detonate it too late, it doesn't connect. There's a sweet spot you have to find, but it's hard to get used to that. Even Scar isn't 100% consistent with this combo. If B332 had a little more hit advantage it would be A LOT easier.

Reactions: jmt

jmt

Noob
It's weird, but the hardest part of this combo for me is detonating the first grenade. You must be frame perfect when you do it. If you detonate it too early, she's gonna have some extra recovery that prevents her from throwing another one immediately, so you have to delay it as much as you can. And if you detonate it too late, it doesn't connect. There's a sweet spot you have to find, but it's hard to get used to that. Even Scar isn't 100% consistent with this combo. If B332 had a little more hit advantage it would be A LOT easier.
Yes, yes, yes. Perfect description.

Sooooo frustrating.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
If I recall correctly, we've been trying to play for a year now...lol
Haha right? Let's try and play soon. Tired of online randoms. I need a good challenge.

I've figured out the timing for the two grenades, just wish I could do the same for the rest of the combo lol

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
Someone please discuss the mid screen negative egde combo demos have been doing recently? To me it seems like a HUGE resource and damage waste - I can't wrap my head around it at all?! It does 35%, while my BNB does 38%. You are left with 1(!) Grenade if you use 1 for oki (WTF GUYS?!) while I still have 3 after my combo.

Can someone justify it? I don't get it at all... Is it just because scar does it?