What's new

Guide - Demolition Demolition Sonya Combo list with gifs + Negative Edge video guide

Dedlock

Noob
Being that she was weak to zoning before, she will have a tougher time with zoning matchups now because of the universal stamina changes. Also, with all characters pretty much getting 2 hits of armor on almost everything her oki game is weaker now it seems to me.
Agreed Sonya was very weak against zoners, now we've got Alot of improved zoners.

Sonya's ex Arc kick should have been given two hits of armour, that would have atleast given us some relief against those armies of Kitanas.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
Good point. I don't know, we'll see what they do.

As it stands, she can use two grenades of the same type in the same combo off a raw grenade and using negative edge, so she can still do reload combos with 2 or 3 grenades in the same way she used to pre-patch, just have to start the combo with a frag grenade first. Midscreen reloads are pretty pointless now.
I never used midscreen reloads since the timing to get the F2 into dd1 was hard to figure out. For me the inputs were on screen but Sonya never moved; or she would just teabag; or I'd get the input out but the grenade would detonate without the opponent being hit so I never pursued it further. I'm curious as to how she can use 3 grenades in one combo midscreen, though. 2 is easy enough to figure out.

I don't even use demo but i found a 34% reload midscreen but you need to land a divekick first.
The highest i got mid screen no meter is 36% but its not into reload.
Other than that i don't think you can go higher than that with out meter burning for a mid screen combo.
Can you list the inputs used please?

Soul Caliber, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, and SF.
The first video shows that she can still do reload combos with negative edge in the corner, but it requires one bar. The EX grenade breaks the rule, so you can use 2 stun grenades in the same combo. It has a timer.

And she also kept those trades, so she can still do low poke into nade.
What's negative edge?

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
I posted higher damage on the previous page. Also, here's even more improved damage:
nice find here. gonna practice this.

I know, just sharing as a base to get him going. I commented on both of those new Sonya combos on your yt page. Really nice.
thx for this. i remember doing this, but thought someone had used 3 grenades in a midscreen combo. hoping someone can figure a way to do it.

Hey guys, look there for combos and think what better use there 213 insted of double f2. This make 37% from divkick. Full version is j.d4 b332+db1 njp rc f2 213+bf1 2134. And btw anyone find some combos in corner without negative edge? Coz all what i can to do is starter, db1,1 njp df1 df1 4 2134 to reload.

Last edited:

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
That jump 1 into divekick won't work as many times as a raw divekick after whiffing an opponent attack.
I'll say at least 70% of the time people block the jump 1 thats why i try not to include it so much in combos and it usually just gives one extra damage.

Last edited: