What's new

Guide - Demolition Demolition Sonya Combo list with gifs + Negative Edge video guide

That jump 1 into divekick won't work as many times as a raw divekick after whiffing an opponent attack.
I'll say at least 70% of the time people block the jump 1 thats why i try not to include it so much in combos and it usually just gives one extra damage.
NeroOps, in game, will situations, where you can whiff punish moves on predict, like baiting wake up oponnent by jumping back, or try to close to your oponnent, what can't just calculate timing of his anti-air stuff. There is this kind of combos is needed. But because sonya have one of the best jumps in the game, what combo with her air mobility (read divekick) and her j1, this is real. And additional pseudo unsafe divekick is making right from jump in attacks and using it almost near ground. So please, dont be so dummy, and try think outbox. :)

These combos you guys are posting are amazing. I didn't even realize some of these things could be done (I used to try to connect F2 after an uppercut but was never able to do it, so I thought it wasn't possible. XD). Thanks so much for posting them. If possible, try to put the inputs also. Some of us are not as advanced and really appreciate it. =)

Someone posted this one on Facebook the other day.

I wish people would leave jip and/or divekick out of their combos though unless it won't work without them. It makes the damage misleading.

Last edited:
When you hit DF1 to throw out the second grenade, it should detonate the first grenade at the same time the second grenade comes out.

Play around with it using just grenades, you'll probably get it after a few minutes.
So just to make sure, even after you realoded your grensdes you can't hit them with another grenade after the reload?

Is this with NE?
I think you need to wait a little before throwing the second grenade, I mean the second stun grenade. I'd also like to know if it's using NE but don't think so.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
So just to make sure, even after you realoded your grensdes you can't hit them with another grenade after the reload?

I think you need to wait a little before throwing the second grenade, I mean the second stun grenade. I'd also like to know if it's using NE but don't think so.
Read the title of the video:

MKX - Sonya 30% 3 Grenade Meterless Safe Reload No Negative Edge Post Patch

You don't need NE to throw two stun grenades necessarily. The rule is, you can get two grenades of the same type on screen as long as the first doesn't detonate, and you usually do that with negative edge. But in the video, he throws a stun grenade by inputting DF1 and then he inputs another DF1 to throw another stun grenade but the "1" in the input is what makes the grenade detonate. Does that make sense? You're essentially detonating a grenade by throwing another.

Read the title of the video:

MKX - Sonya 30% 3 Grenade Meterless Safe Reload No Negative Edge Post Patch

You don't need NE to throw two stun grenades necessarily. The rule is, you can get two grenades of the same type on screen as long as the first doesn't detonate, and you usually do that with negative edge. But in the video, he throws a stun grenade by inputting DF1 and then he inputs another DF1 to throw another stun grenade but the "1" in the input is what makes the grenade detonate. Does that make sense? You're essentially detonating a grenade by throwing another.
Yea i wasn't sure what video the other poster was talking about. And yea it makes sense, that's why I told him to wait a little to throw the second stun grenade or else it won't come out. Also, does anyone else feel the db1 grenade sucks somehow? I mean I hate how they added the "only one per combo", I mean those 3 stun grenade combos looked nice.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
Duuuuudes, I might be late to the party, but I think ex stun grenade is useful now.

You can't use two stun grenades in the same combo without negative edge, but for some reason, ex stun grenade doesn't count. So you can start your combo with a frag grenade + stun grenade and EX the last stun grenade to extend your combos. The damage isn't that good, it's essentially the same damage you'd get if you finished the combo with EX leg grab, but the advantage is higher because you knock them down and get your grenades back safely. She isn't meter hungry, so it's all good.

@Ayase Chihaya Can you show us the midscreen reload combo you came up with, please?

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
Duuuuudes, I might be late to the party, but I think ex stun grenade is useful now.

You can't use two stun grenades in the same combo without negative edge, but for some reason, ex stun grenade doesn't count. So you can start your combo with a frag grenade + stun grenade and EX the last stun grenade to extend your combos. The damage isn't that good, it's essentially the same damage you'd get if you finished the combo with EX leg grab, but the advantage is higher because you knock them down and get your grenades back safely. She isn't meter hungry, so it's all good.

@Ayase Chihaya Can you show us the midscreen reload combo you came up with, please?
This is from day 1, I don't lab midscreen negative edge combos so there's likely higher

Wow. 50%? Is this with NE? Were the inputs posted somewhere? It's probably too hard for me to perform, but maybe I can get part of it to get near the damage. My best right now is about 30% but it's risky. I land 27% in a simpler version almost all the time though.

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
Wow. 50%? Is this with NE? Were the inputs posted somewhere? It's probably too hard for me to perform, but maybe I can get part of it to get near the damage. My best right now is about 30% but it's risky. I land 27% in a simpler version almost all the time though.
The combo I gifd 3 posts up does 50% with ex leg grab. 56% I've not posted yet

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
I'm a little late to the Demo Sonya party. Is this NE corner combo already known?

(33% without JiP-divekick)

(35% without JiP-divekick)

Last edited: