What's new

Decision Made.. Time to move foward

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I guess people should have remained silent and accepted it when IGAU wasn't selected for EVO also, instead of continuing to voice their concerns until a change was made.

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
He is beatable, to be fair. I wonder what we'll think of Scorpion 6 months from now.
ok , when i fight noobs with their scorpions is already problematic, i prefer to fight good batmans,black adams and supermans, and i think in 6 mouths Scorpion will be harder to beat logically, because if 1 day scorpion kick 1 week all other characters so he will xp 2x faster than players with others characters

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
Agreed 100%. In time, we'll all learn how to deal with Scorpion. Just like we did with DS & then Batgirl.
hmm, he was already fake nerfed, the problem is his J,3 because u must careful his port with holding forward or down. Batgirl bug was fixed but she still got a lot of good options just need to exploid that

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
anyway it's will be very funny if in EVO2013 TOP8 we will see 8 scorpions, i am sure for 99%. What mean 0 injustice characters in a game which name is INJUSTICE :p

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I guess people should have remained silent and accepted it when IGAU wasn't selected for EVO also, instead of continuing to voice their concerns until a change was made.
That was like 6 months before EVO, plenty of time for a change.

Mr Wizard seems very adamant and the only thing he will probably listen to is RESULTS, which we have 1 major win and we only have 1 more major left before EVO.

So scorpion is going to be legal? alright then, I was prepared to have another main at evo (most likely DS), but I guess I can use him. Truthfully, I dnt want his to hurt the game and make many leave it (like ppl left mk9 after certain things weren't changed and etc.). The fate of this game now rests in a mk character's hands (how ironic is that lol).

First, I want to thank you for making the MK Living Guide app. It literally taught me how to approach fighting games with a competitive mindset. Without it, I would have lost interest in FG.

On that note, this is very disappointing to hear. A fighting game should obviously be balanced. A lot of people forget that, in addition to overall character balance, the effort/skill needed to use a certain strategy and the skill needed to defend against it should be of equal magnitude. As your use of mixups becomes better, your opponent will have a harder time defending against it. But if your mixups are bad and predictable, they're easy to defend against. Sounds reasonable, right?

Now... even though Scorpion is beatable by some top players (some, certainly not all), the effort that's involved in doing so is incomparable to the effort that it takes to "learn" Scorpion. In all honesty, you don't even need to be into fighting games to pick up a controller, mash j1/j3/teleport/hellfire randomly, and win a huge percentage of online ranked matches with Scorpion. Defending against this, however, is impossible with most of the cast and excruciatingly difficult with the rest.

It's great to hear that you'll be sticking with this game despite Scorpion. But I don't see people on the border between casual and high skill-level doing so. It just isn't worth the effort, and Scorpion takes the fun out of watching, practicing, and playing the game. I will certainly be dropping it if something isn't done soon.

EDIT: That's assuming that this thread isn't just sarcasm. I'm still having a hard time believing that they're letting this slide.

feedyourcatbro

Meow Lin
Injustice beating out Skull Girls and PS All Stars for shortest lived fighting game ever. I don't think people realize what this means for top level players and tournament grinders, it's either the problem is dealt with in some way (ban, patch, etc) or they quit playing. The problem is that we're now leaving the game's life solely in the hands of NRS.

God help us.

chores

bad at things
so basically if you are going to ceo or evo you need to get either a pocket aquaman or wonder woman. also a pocket scorpion. also please just drop your main and play 2 of these 3 characters

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
KL had 24lowhat loop which won EVO 2011.

And it also died that year too. COULD THE SAME HAPPEN TO INJUSTICE? :O?

wait.....

GrundyFox

I will spit on your tomb!
The most realistic thing we can do right now is hope this doesn't eviscerate the games standing (what ever it may be) at EVO.

Glass Sword

Nobody
Well that was fast.
The real pity is for the first time we had a majority of top players agreeing on something. This will most likely never happen again. Our voice was not heard and I can't even say we failed. That may have never been a chance to begin with. So much for solidarity.

Status
Not open for further replies.