What's new

Guide Deathstroke Combo Thread

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
I'm having some trouble getting the j2 to come out after a 1,3,2 and a b1u2. He jumps, but doesn't kick. Am I doing it too soon?

I'm having some trouble getting the j2 to come out after a 1,3,2 and a b1u2. He jumps, but doesn't kick. Am I doing it too soon?
it's part of the games "system" I've noticed you cant input anything during the first jump frames so you have to "delay" the input a bit after a successful jump it makes timing the j2 for a successful 323 really difficult for pretty much all of his BnBs whether it be off of a 132, b1u2 or d2 starter, like the f23 after 323 though it'll all come with practice.
Saying that though, this is definitely the harder of the two and in my experience makes Deathstroke unplayable online with my internet connection =/

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
So is it just me, or is it impossible to land a j2 after a 132 string on smaller characters? I don't think I've ever landed 132, j2 on Harley, Catwoman, or Killer Frost.

That jump two online is tough...but with practice i've found it more reliable then the dash....and definitely the best option to extend a corner combo with no meter and without super tight timing.

Strider86

PSN:Sarajina86
Any of you guys notice linking the f3 after the b1, u2 having trouble with timing? I get it down once in awhile but it seems like it's inconsistent and a distance thing where u can't hit it point blank? In the lab right now with it if people have any feedback on the timing lemme know thanks :)

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Any of you guys notice linking the f3 after the b1, u2 having trouble with timing? I get it down once in awhile but it seems like it's inconsistent and a distance thing where u can't hit it point blank? In the lab right now with it if people have any feedback on the timing lemme know thanks :)
I got the timing down slightly. As soon as I see both his feet planted, I f3.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Break records at Louie!

39% midscreen meterless (41% with "guaranteed chip"), 52% midscreen Super combo.

39% midscreen meterless: B3, JI3, JI2, 323, 12 xx DF3
52% midscreen super: J3, 323, F2 xx Super
That damn ji2 is hard as fuck. I swear they made Deathstroke's combos weak, and strict as hell, so people would be like "Yolo" and just zone.

That damn ji2 is hard as fuck. I swear they made Deathstroke's combos weak, and strict as hell, so people would be like "Yolo" and just zone.
That j2 is much more reliable in the corner....and offline....but online it's way too difficult and i think that's some of the reason this first week there has been so much zoning going on with him....that and all the ppl who r just randoms who don't wanna have to work or learn how to play to win. I find that if u can consistently punish with a 20% or land anything over 20% mixed with his zoning....u can win most matches....aquaman, arrow, frost and green lantern r really his bad match ups. (or at least the ones i've played) Guys who can zone with him but also give him the rush down.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
That j2 is much more reliable in the corner....and offline....but online it's way too difficult and i think that's some of the reason this first week there has been so much zoning going on with him....that and all the ppl who r just randoms who don't wanna have to work or learn how to play to win. I find that if u can consistently punish with a 20% or land anything over 20% mixed with his zoning....u can win most matches....aquaman, arrow, frost and green lantern r really his bad match ups. (or at least the ones i've played) Guys who can zone with him but also give him the rush down.
I feel he also loses to Raven.

I agree with that. Another mu that really gives me trouble no matter who i am....is the flash. I haven't said this yet.....but if anyone is top tier out the gate....it's the flash. Those normals mixed with that raiden like charge and the running man stance.....even that uppercut and slow down into a ridiculous 40% plus juggle. Ya.....i feel like a year from now he's gonna be the next kabal.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
I agree with that. Another mu that really gives me trouble no matter who i am....is the flash. I haven't said this yet.....but if anyone is top tier out the gate....it's the flash. Those normals mixed with that raiden like charge and the running man stance.....even that uppercut and slow down into a ridiculous 40% plus juggle. Ya.....i feel like a year from now he's gonna be the next kabal.
I haven't fought a Flash yet, so idk what that's like. So far I've only really fought Raven WW, Killer Frost, and Green Lantern the most.

Strider86

I got the timing down slightly. As soon as I see both his feet planted, I f3.
Ya after training mode with this i got it a lil better and i used the same visual cue as well. Gonna go the f3 and the j2 after both starters ONLY when im up by a lot or if i happen to get it consistent.

Strider86

Yeah i feel like against Raven you zone her until she has trait up. Then when she has trait up then try to bait her teleports and rush in. I play rush in DS lol but after fighting this matchup and the Cyborg matchup I've learned to adjust on when to zone and rush in, with the Cyborg matchup you can't outzone him as his air nova blaster covers the angles where DS attacks so your forced to play that match up rushdown for the most part.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Kano's combos had strict timing as well. It's not just the damage, but the carry on his combos that make learning the better combos definitely worth the effort. I just got the game today and I am having the biggest boner for Slade right now.

Khaoz77

Don't run, you're gonna trip...
Yeah i feel like against Raven you zone her until she has trait up. Then when she has trait up then try to bait her teleports and rush in. I play rush in DS lol but after fighting this matchup and the Cyborg matchup I've learned to adjust on when to zone and rush in, with the Cyborg matchup you can't outzone him as his air nova blaster covers the angles where DS attacks so your forced to play that match up rushdown for the most part.
And then you eat a df+2 and cry everytiem....

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
44% midscreen no meter with stage interaction. Sometimes the last few hit of sword flip whiffs, depending on the height, and you get 42% instead. I had to record with my phone because my PVR has stopped working.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
hmm i tried this i think i might like it a little bit more than the combo above just cuz the last hits of the pizza cutter connect. i really dont like the positioning you get after them not connecting.

ji3, f2, background bounce interactable, b3, j3, 323, pizza cutter. does 43% meterless

Strider86

yay finally got F3 and 132 follow ups consistently but noticed on smaller characters you have to basically u have to hold upforward when doing the j.2 and actually jumping with the button. Also for this combo.. I landed it in training mode but occasionally it wiffs and i get 33% any pointers? ji2, 132, ji2, 323, f23 xx sword flip=37%