What's new

Guide Deathstroke Combo Thread

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Wtffffffffff Tony-T, quit breaking Deathstroke!

Got any advice for landing a combo finished (sword flip or MB guns) after a really long combo like the ones you put up? I always seem to whiff the last few hits of either move because the opponent gets so low.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Holy fork mang, whatd I just tell you about breaking my favorite character?
(Excellent find dude, keep up the good work!)

Also, a couple (not as cool as Tony-T's) combos worth writing in the original post:

Ji3, 1, 323, F32, Sword Flip = 35%: This is better than Ji3, 323 because it's safer if blocked (3 is much more negative on block than 1) PLUS it does more damage.

132, dash 1, 323, F23, Sword Flip = 30%: This is more reliable than 132, Ji2, 323, F23, Sword Flip because it's not stance and character specific. Credit to Zer0 Hundr3d for this one though, not me.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I'm pretty sure someone has posted that one (it might even be me lol). This thread needs an update.
Sorry about that, been meaning to update, but between work, school, and the unnecessarily long shits I take I have not had time to update this week. Although I just updated the first post.

*First post Updated*

Also, reason I have quick fire combos still listed is because of the spacing it provides that sword flip does not. It may be small, but it still has a difference in space.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Sorry about that, been meaning to update, but between work, school, and the unnecessarily long shits I take I have not had time to update this week. Although I just updated the first post.

*First post Updated*

Also, reason I have quick fire combos still listed is because of the spacing it provides that sword flip does not. It may be small, but it still has a difference in space.
Understandable, people have lives they need to attend to.
And I see your logic with quick fire. I'll see if I can find the missing percentages for you in my spare time.
A little correction btw, Vagrant's F3 combo has a Ji2 after F3, not Ji3.
132, dash 1, 323, F23, Quick Fire does 29%

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Understandable, people have lives they need to attend to.
And I see your logic with quick fire. I'll see if I can find the missing percentages for you in my spare time.
A little correction btw, Vagrant's F3 combo has a Ji2 after F3, not Ji3.
132, dash 1, 323, F23, Quick Fire does 29%
Thanks! :3

Wedge

The Terminator
Here's a few things I've been using in my gameplay recently. Not exactly optimized, but not too bad either.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Here's a few things I've been using in my gameplay recently. Not exactly optimized, but not too bad either.
Do NOT end combos in the corner with Sword Spin. Despite what the animation looks like, opponents recover BEFORE DS. When in the corner, the knockback is severely shortened, and the opponent CAN punch you before you recover. It's a shame too, because I thought what you are thinking was possible at first (using the Sword Spin to reset and add pressure), however, this option will get you bopped in the beezer every time against a person who knows what they're doing.

Wedge

The Terminator
Well guess I'll just keep flipping in the corner instead then. Guaranteed knockdown is better than nothing. I prefer not to use meter in combos and rather save it for zoning purposes, as well as using it to add armor to f3 and b3. I've yet to be punished for sword spin, but that's just probably because people don't know much about Deathstroke yet- especially when he's up close.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Well guess I'll just keep flipping in the corner instead then. Guaranteed knockdown is better than nothing. I prefer not to use meter in combos and rather save it for zoning purposes, as well as using it to add armor to f3 and b3. I've yet to be punished for sword spin, but that's just probably because people don't know much about Deathstroke yet- especially when he's up close.
People don't know the meaning of a "Deathstroke up close."

Wedge

The Terminator
That really upsets me, because his close-range game is pretty damn good too.
I'm always the first 'stroke to approach in mirrors online so I kind of expected that though.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Honestly, it's probably not a bad thing. So long as people are in the mindset "get close, and I win!" we'll always have the element of surprise to help us rake in our wins.

This combo seem impossible to do: ji2, 132, 323, f23 xx EX sword spin, 323, f23 xx sword flip=46% (1 meter)

I can however skip the "132" in start and just go for "323" followed by the rest of the combo and end with sword spin for 45%..
Its ALOT easier and you only lose 1% dmg so put it up with the rest of the BNBs:

ji2, 323, f23 xx EX sword spin, 323, f23 xx sword spin=45% (1 meter)

P.S dunno if anyone has written about this before but if you do another EX sword spin in the end and your opponent isnt standing and blocking he will get "reset" into another combo.. Ive managed to do 2 reset with 4 bars that took just above 110% i think.

iw2ma

Noob
I just wanna say that (i think) how long a combo is changes the recovery time of Sword Spin as the ender. When doing a longer combo it seems as though the Sword Spin doesn't full combo and they recover through your last sword hit, while earlier in a combo the entire sword spin hits, leaving them at the neutral to advantages state.

This is speculation, but i've run semi-tests in casuals and it seems to be true, but it's something worth testing.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I just wanna say that (i think) how long a combo is changes the recovery time of Sword Spin as the ender. When doing a longer combo it seems as though the Sword Spin doesn't full combo and they recover through your last sword hit, while earlier in a combo the entire sword spin hits, leaving them at the neutral to advantages state.

This is speculation, but i've run semi-tests in casuals and it seems to be true, but it's something worth testing.
I dont know what kind of wizardry Tony-T runs, but he seems to always land the complete sword flip (I'm assuming you mean flip, not spin) no matter how long his combo is. I'm trying to get an answer out of his as to how he manages to do it >.<
I run into the same problem a lot. I also have a difficult time landing all 6 MB quickfire shots at the end of a long combo.

iw2ma

Noob
I dont know what kind of wizardry Tony-T runs, but he seems to always land the complete sword flip (I'm assuming you mean flip, not spin) no matter how long his combo is. I'm trying to get an answer out of his as to how he manages to do it >.<
I run into the same problem a lot. I also have a difficult time landing all 6 MB quickfire shots at the end of a long combo.
No i mean SPIN, Not Flip. I have never had an issue getting full hits on the Sword Flip as the ender, just you man.
I'm talking the Sword Spin that re-stands them.

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
Do NOT end combos in the corner with Sword Spin. Despite what the animation looks like, opponents recover BEFORE DS. When in the corner, the knockback is severely shortened, and the opponent CAN punch you before you recover. It's a shame too, because I thought what you are thinking was possible at first (using the Sword Spin to reset and add pressure), however, this option will get you bopped in the beezer every time against a person who knows what they're doing.
Yea Ive thought of that too until I put the cpu on jump and realized the cpu could jump before I recovered from the sword spin.Why is that?Ive never heard of a move that hit but the opponent recovers faster then u do.Its not the hit advantage thats the problem its the huge amount of recovery frames the move has.

It's not just in the corner, the hitstun is less when you Sword Spin an airbourne opponent period. At the end of a combo or just straight up, if they're in the air they skip a bunch of the recovery frames when it grounds them. Can't imagine it was intended to work like that.