What's new

Strategy Dealing with Deathstroke's zoning

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Moved this to the main page so folks can get over all the Deathstroke fear online. Thanks REO

Also I'm gonna see if it can't get made into front page news as well because this Deathstroke salt from people is really reactionary and unjustified IMO. He's manageable and this would really benefit newer players who are just getting blown up and going crazy right now.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Deathstroke is without the doubt the best reactionary zoning character right now. The way he can react to almost anything you do with 10f pistols is awesome. You gotta play a very reaction-based game with him from afar.

He's pretty tits when you get good at this. ;)

jaym7018

Noob
The fact this is now stickied on the main page just reassures the fact the character is broken. Not even killer frost gets a sticky topic. They need to adjust him swiftly so people who actually wanna play DS can adjust.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
The fact this is now stickied on the main page just reassures the fact the character is broken. Not even killer frost gets a sticky topic. They need to adjust him swiftly so people who actually wanna play DS can adjust.
The fuck are you talking about bro? It exists and is stickied because people would rather cry and whine instead of adapt on the FIRST WEEK of a game.

Why is this such a difficult concept?

jaym7018

Noob
Sorry bro a desperate attempt by posting a topic where the original post is a nothing but garbage common sense stuff that applies to every zoner ever. Its a desperate attempt for people playing a broken character to have there character remain broken. The fact this was moved to the main board just shows people playing deathstroke fear the inevitable. Every time a broken character is in a fighting game its the same shit, people playing throw profanity laced tirades ridiculing those that bring it, then they go into desperation mode. When the nerf comes some adapt other quit and others move on to the 2nd most braindead tactic. Then it repeats.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Yeah, because it APPLIES TO DEATHSTROKE. also he's not broken; you have easy counter-picks that rape him for free.

That's all; if you don't get this then you're thick-headed. Good day.

jaym7018

Noob
Having counter picks doesnt mean the character isnt broken. Vanilla sagat had counter picks ae yun had counter picks to. Good luck on your crusade to keep your chadacter broken, my advice for you is start keeping an eye out for the next most broke thing hopefully its as braindead as shooting 10 frame guns.

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
Having counter picks doesnt mean the character isnt broken. Vanilla sagat had counter picks ae yun had counter picks to. Good luck on your crusade to keep your chadacter broken, my advice for you is start keeping an eye out for the next most broke thing hopefully its as braindead as shooting 10 frame guns.
Learn to block/jump etc. All of DS' projectiles have negative advantage and visible start up.

Check it out in training mode: record DS' projectiles (all of them) and set to replay. It's not that hard to get around his projectile game....

jaym7018

Noob
Learn to block/jump etc. All of DS' projectiles have negative advantage and visible start up.

Check it out in training mode: record DS' projectiles (all of them) and set to replay. It's not that hard to get around his projectile game....

The start up on his pistols is as fast as some characters jabs. Thats laughable.

jaym7018

Noob
Noob's Tackle was 11 frames.

GG. :coffee:
What does that have to do with anything? I realize this site was devoted to MK but you mk guys are gonna have to come to the realization that mk=/=injustice. I couldnt care less whats in mk never played it never will.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
What does that have to do with anything? I realize this site was devoted to MK but you mk guys are gonna have to come to the realization that mk=/=injustice. I couldnt care less whats in mk never played it never will.
It's the same thing. Jabs are approximately the same speed(everyone in IGAU has about an 8 frame jab) and since the combo system is identical, it makes sense. :L

Should learn what you're talking about man

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
The start up on his pistols is as fast as some characters jabs. Thats laughable.
1) If you were at jab range why would DS be going for gun shot? (his weakest and overall least effective possible move in that situation)
2) are you suggesting DS can now out poke someone at jab range with gun shot?

Reactions: RYX

jaym7018

Noob
1) If you were at jab range why would DS be going for gun shot? (his weakest and overall least effective possible move in that situation)
2) are you suggesting DS can now out poke someone at jab range with gun shot?
No im merely stating the start up is as fast as some jabs. Why would i suggest any of that. Dont put words in my mouth.

jaym7018

Noob
It's the same thing. Jabs are approximately the same speed(everyone in IGAU has about an 8 frame jab) and since the combo system is identical, it makes sense. :L

Should learn what you're talking about man
Grundys jag is 10 frames

GG

:coffee:

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
No im merely stating the start up is as fast as some jabs. Why would i suggest any of that. Dont put words in my mouth.
Ok but I don't see how a projectile having the same start up ( or less) than a jab means anything. I don't really understand what point you are making here

P.s I'm not being a douche here I really just don't understand what you are complaining about. His gun shot start up isn't even a problem - it could be 15 frames and still be just as annoying...

Benjustice

International Man of Missed Combos
Bad kids are gonna cry for nerfs instead of actually learning counters to moves/characters/strats. The people moaning about Deathstroke guns are gonna be just as vocal about some other thing they're losing to later. Thanks for posting this so people can be informed :D

im not ok with the fact that ravens projectile parry doesnt absorb all the bullets of an attack and MB reflect is kinda stupid cause you gotta take damage