What's new

Strategy Dealing with Deathstroke's zoning

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I cannot say much. I just bought the game.

But Deathstroke definitely seems like a spammer. That gun shot has an incredible 10F start up.
I think you'll be very satisfied with what you find.

So far, I've only run into 2 other Deathstrokes, and no one seems to be putting any sort of thought into their firing patterns yet - they're just spamming shots to spam shots. No using bullets to beat armor, whipping out Machine Guns in senseless situations, etc.
When people start figuring this guy out, it's gonna be a hell of a day in Metropolis.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Hey all, update on blocked sword flip. I guess I was playing without having gotten a hotfix but yet had day 1 patch (supermans breath was +6 instead of +1) so I think deathstrokes flip is punishable by 19f moves or faster. Every character should have a fine time punishing him.

If his mid-screen damage was as high as it was pre-patch he would be broken TRUST ME. If you want something simple just use b1u2 3231 df1 and activate trait when u hit the ground afterward if you are feeling saucy.
Yep that's the one i use....but if i have meter i like to ex df1....then do the trait. skipping the b1u2 is a viable option if ur opponent it's reading the low start up. Also he has some other's that net 20....but thing of it is.....while he has some mild combo potential....if bats, or nightwing get in there....they r gonna cause some serious trouble all his normals are avg if not slower. But his u3 bd1 with meter is pretty dirty. So, cross up wise he can contend a bit.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
After ruining the days of many XBL players today with my Deathstroke, here are my thoughts on how to effectively take him on.

First off, do not jump! Any time you jump, he basically gets to knock you down for free. Just be patient and walk/dash in between gunshots. Do not try to outzone him. His zoning is better, I promise.

If he has meter and you are over half a screen away, expect his Assault Rifle shots to be followed up with grenades. These hit overhead, so never block Assault Rifle low.

Once you get within about a 3rd of a screen's distance, try to bait out Sword Flip. This move comes out quick, but is pretty easily punished on block.

Sword Spin is absolutely safe right now, and is basically like Lao's Spin on wakeup: it seems to beat out anything if you are within its range. Thus don't get carried away with your rushdown or you can eat a nice chunk of damage and be reset to full screen.

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
How you would suggest using flash's move where projectiles go through him to get in. I'm having some trouble figuring out exactly how to implement it

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Dear Fellow Deathstroke Players Of The World,

Now, while I know a good deal of you who read this are already on the right path to Steel Lead Righteousness, there are entirely too many scrubbier than a sponge impostors out there giving us a bad name. So help me, Hosanna, if I see one more online 'Stroke just firing away and wasting bullets and Traits, instead of putting some fucking thought into their firing patterns and Meter use, I'm gonna reach into the TV and whack 'em in the head with my handy dandy goddamn notebook. Punish these people; if you should happen to come across one, smother them in bullets like their name is Pasta, and you're Mayor motherfucking McCheese.
There is so much more to this character than Rocco Del Rocco blind-as-a-bat gunfire.

People need to start learning their matchups now.
The sooner you figure your shit out, the sooner you can exploit every little bastard who crosses your path into a quick death.

Love,
Box.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
You guys are foolish NONE of those guys out-zone Deathstroke. Be my guest and try it for yourself, you'll just get owned. Oh and make sure your opp. is not an average player, a higher lever Deathstroke will fuck your shit up. Only retard amateurs (not that amateurs are retarded) spam all the guns and when the opp is close they resort to the sword. A good DS doesn't rely on his specials only but what the character is capable of.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
I would honestly hate all you guys if you turn Deathstroke into Kano because you guys are being scrubby against this char.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
I would honestly hate all you guys if you turn Deathstroke into Kano because you guys are being scrubby against this char.
Yes, i don't want no ones scrubbyness rubbing off on my character an turning him into a kano >:I

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Deathstroke is clearly an issue...in no way those guns (except the assault rifle) are -21 from distance...more like -9 from full screen (can't remember the startup for the guns...derp) that's definately a problem.

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
posted this on a couple threads.. once again applies
nerfs on a 4 day old game? :confused:
You haven't even had time to really TRY and counter it. Let's see.... Batman should only always be able to call one bat but only once per match... deathstroke shouldn't be able to shoot in the air and his guns should backfire half the time... KF should only slide backwards... solomon grundy shouldn't be able to dash... Doomsday should die if he doesn't kill someone after his armor is activated. supes should get kryptonite poisoning after every heat blast... black adam should age 5000 years and die if he does his super... catwoman should fight naked... (sigh) whiners