What's new

Deadshot Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
Imagine the salt if he gets a move where he shoots a bullet backward and it comes from other side to hit opponent in the back . :p

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I do like that it seems his ground ricochet has multiple angles.

He needs a gear ability that replaces his rifle shot with Deathstroke Sword Spin.

WoodyMeteor

THAT guy
When you guys end up getting some good combos, make sure to "shoot" me a comment. ;) But really, I can tell everyone is going to want to play this guy on the side. He looks SOO fun. With his multiple "Green arrow" ammo changes.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
What you guys think about him barely showing combos in the gameplay we saw? Could he be that much zoning oriented that he almost doesn't have combos?

If so, that could be pretty bad. In this game where the opponent can pay a bar to roll and close the distance, being total shit up close doesn't seem to be a good idea xD Let's hope he has at least decent meterless damage and a "get out of me" tool.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
What you guys think about him barely showing combos in the gameplay we saw? Could he be that much zoning oriented that he almost doesn't have combos?

If so, that could be pretty bad. In this game where the opponent can pay a bar to roll and close the distance, being total shit up close doesn't seem to be a good idea xD Let's hope he has at least decent meterless damage and a "get out of me" tool.
Glad someone finally said it.

In theory that would be an amazing design. Character built with exceedingly strong zoning, but minimal combo capabilities and limited offensive pressure. However, I will bet anything that either one of two things will happen.

A) His zoning will not be strong enough to compensate for his lack of offense in a game designed like Injustice, leading the character to be low tier.

B) His zoning on launch will be strong enough to compensate for his lack of offensive potential, but due to complaints about zoning he will be nerfed to where his zoning can no longer compensate for his lack of offense, rendering him low tier.

Unless they purposely didn't show a bunch of strings and damaging combos he looks to be purposely designed around his zoning. Which is fine, in theory. Hopefully NRS proves me wrong and makes the character as strong in the zoning department as he should be if the pressure options are limited, but to say that I am, skeptical, would be putting it mildly.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Jacqui's zoning was a huge problem for day 0 warriors and the casual "spam ruins fiting gamez!" crowd, despite this they never nerfed her zoning and actually buffed her as a whole lol. HQT was also a cheap ultra easy mode zoner and the only nerfs he received were light slaps on the wrists.
There's a chance Deadshot won't be neutered if he is a strict zoner.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
You're worried about him lacking combos because of a tiny amount of gameplay in some trailers where some probably not high level players just did a few strings and specials?

I'm sure he'll have combos. Hell I saw a whiffed Canary Drop into a throw as well as a terribly unoptimal combo in the Here Come The Girls trailer lol

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Just realized there's no actual description of his trait lol. If it's not known here's what you can tell in the video.

Trait only works from hand cannon, not rifle. Didn't see anything happen on the D1 or whatever that low shot was either.

Fire Bullets- Simple, increased damage.

Green Bullets- Sort of stun/significant hit advantage. Drains meter when more than one bullet hits in succession.

Blue Bullets- Makes shots knock you backwards instead of knockdown; knocks you a lot farther than normal. (Haven't seen this mentioned at all)

Can switch between effects shots during trait duration. That's all I got lol, but seems to be his trait unless I'm missing something.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
You're worried about him lacking combos because of a tiny amount of gameplay in some trailers where some probably not high level players just did a few strings and specials?

I'm sure he'll have combos. Hell I saw a whiffed Canary Drop into a throw as well as a terribly unoptimal combo in the Here Come The Girls trailer lol
I think the natural reaction after what zoning has been in mkx is being doubtful, at least lol.

Not talking about trailers, but the gameplay vid of Canary vs other chars. Irrc Canary did some 40% combos here and there, same with other chars, except deadshot. I wonder if nrs picked the worst player available in the office that day to play as deadshot.

I have a bad feeling, guys. I hope I'm wrong, but I feel we are even going to miss mkx run button when we compare it to mb roll xD

Last edited:

Thingy

Retired account
Add me to the Deadshot mains. I plan to pick up three characters week 1: Deadshot, Cheetah, and Bane.

Last edited:

STB BroZki

Don’t know what to put here
Honestly I'm just extremely excited. I think the majority of his gameplay will revolve a lot around placement. He will have combos but they will put him at the advantage

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Everyone has combos. Like that guy said, even Doomsday had combos. That's far, far from the point I was making.
Ah. Maybe it's because ismael was talking about how he might not have combos and you seemed to be in agreeance with his post overall, guess I just misread the overall tone lol. Well, I'm off to find that gambling high somewhere else :DOGE

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Just realized there's no actual description of his trait lol. If it's not known here's what you can tell in the video.

Trait only works from hand cannon, not rifle. Didn't see anything happen on the D1 or whatever that low shot was either.

Fire Bullets- Simple, increased damage.

Green Bullets- Sort of stun/significant hit advantage. Drains meter when more than one bullet hits in succession.

Blue Bullets- Makes shots knock you backwards instead of knockdown; knocks you a lot farther than normal. (Haven't seen this mentioned at all)

Can switch between effects shots during trait duration. That's all I got lol, but seems to be his trait unless I'm missing something.

Also, Deadshot's ricochet bullets appear to be a low. So much hope. So much fear. Don't let us down NRS. Give us the zoner every pre-release character forum seems to be craving for in a powerful Deadshot.

Status
Not open for further replies.