What's new

Deadshot Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
We know NRS doesn't seem to take height or distance into account with their frame data. That -12 could be if you use it point blank. It's probably totally fine when used at its intended distance.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I'd definitely like to see a video testing the low rifle's frame (dis)advantage on hit from a reasonable distance. It's not a move you'd use in a blockstring regardless IMO so really whether or not it's a viable keepaway tool is what's important.

We know NRS doesn't seem to take height or distance into account with their frame data. That -12 could be if you use it point blank. It's probably totally fine when used at its intended distance.
Yeah you nailed it, the further away you are when the low shot hits, the better the frames are. It's -12 when you're point blank range. Not sure why that move would be used without MB point blank anyway

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Some stuff I can tell you guys:

-You can combo off his overhead string in the corner (most I got was like 36% no bar)

-Using D2 after a wall bounce lets you have enough time to combo into trait, great for stealing bar.

-His knee special can be used to corpse hop and reverse wakeups, spend a bar makes this completely risk free.

-His trait does not affect his throw

-Corner damage is strong. Using a MB F3 on someone's wakeup will net you 53% without trait. His main "cartwheel" combo starter will give you about 43% no bar.

Aaannddd.. That's it so far.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
F12~Rifle. 21~Rifle. B23~Rifle. 33~Rifle. Connect on hit if you want some alternative options for MB Rifle.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
How are his wakeups and anti-air? Those were the only 2 areas I was really worried about.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
YouTube won't let me upload any videos from my PS4 lol. But corner damage and background damage is high, and 2 bar combos with MB BB3 net me around 400-440 midscreen so far. Low 400s meterless if I can cancel into a background bounce.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
YouTube won't let me upload any videos from my PS4 lol. But corner damage and background damage is high, and 2 bar combos with MB BB3 net me around 400-440 midscreen so far. Low 400s meterless if I can cancel into a background bounce.
everyone been uploading ps4 to twitter (unless they put the autoblock on to that aswell now)

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Yeah direct ps4 to YT was blocked, but you can copy the video then upload it from your PC.

What are some combo examples? I'll record them and try to expand on them.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
everyone been uploading ps4 to twitter (unless they put the autoblock on to that aswell now)
Ok that makes sense, I don't have Twitter lol.

Yeah direct ps4 to YT was blocked, but you can copy the video then upload it from your PC.

What are some combo examples? I'll record them and try to expand on them.
For midscreen. You can do like, B23~ BB MB3, J3, F123 for a consistent 400ish midscreen BnB.
If you have background bounce you can get good meterless damage with the same combo but B23~Background, B3, J3, F123.

B2 being a 9f mid will be good for the punishes. Finding the F123 ender does more damage than stuff like B23~DB2.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
How are his wakeups and anti-air? Those were the only 2 areas I was really worried about.
as far as anti airs go it looks like you're going to want to go with jump back 1. its active for like a year and a half and ive had some pretty good success with it. grounded anti airs dont look too good. as far as wakeups go the knee is really nice, the MB hit is overhead and safe.

also where da bnbs at? im terrible at making combos at first lol

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Whoever wants the honor can move this to a fresh General Discussion thread now that the game is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.