What's new

Deadshot Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
The fact that half the speculation talk has "incoming nerf" related discussion is proof that normalization is coming prerelease. It's inevitable.

Paulo would drink bleach by the gallon before he allows a zoning character to have a move with 3/4 screen pushback, safe, and builds 4/5 a bar on block for a zoner.

Deflate those boners asap because they ain't putting out on arrival.

#BookIt
Exactly. I need to be able to teleport punish those shots on reaction or bust.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Did anyone ever figure out what the Green trait does? At 4:52 it looks like it's stealing her meter, but earlier in the video (2:10+ and 3:54) it doesn't look like it's stealing any meter.

The orange trait is definitely damage-over-time, and it looks like the yellow trait gives his gunshots a knockdown effect (2:35).

STB BroZki

Don’t know what to put here
Did anyone ever figure out what the Green trait does? At 4:52 it looks like it's stealing her meter, but earlier in the video (2:10+ and 3:54) it doesn't look like it's stealing any meter.

The orange trait is definitely damage-over-time, and it looks like the yellow trait gives his gunshots a knockdown effect (2:35).
He has to land multiple bullets for it to take meter away

freerf245

11 11 11 11

I think itll increase chip. She never blocked it once so we never got see for sure. But I didnt see any effect on hit

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
If he plays like Ancestral with better zoning then sign me up!

I already have a head start if that's the case, bet you all feel stupid for not playing the variation now :DOGE

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I speculate that he'll be a pain in the ass until they do em like MKX Kenshi. Then there will be incessant whining about him from the former Kenshi-ites that jumped on board back when he was annoying to everyone else.

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
Got my eye on this character atm. I usually play zoners. However I need to use him before I decide to main him. From the game play of what I seen. I can only guess so far that he is gonna have a very hard time when the enemy gets in

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
The fact that half the speculation talk has "incoming nerf" related discussion is proof that normalization is coming prerelease. It's inevitable.

Paulo would drink bleach by the gallon before he allows a zoning character to have a move with 3/4 screen pushback, safe, and builds 4/5 a bar on block for a zoner.

Deflate those boners asap because they ain't putting out on arrival.

#BookIt
Vanilla Summoner Quan
HQT on release
Sektor now

I would like him to be my go to zoner type character. I can see his guanlets being quick high hitting projectiles fro zoning, his rifle to get a good trade or meter burn it for chip damage death, and the various directions he can shoot his guanltets like as an anti air make it harder to wait for the game. As of now he is my new favorite newcomer with Ivy and Brainiac

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Vanilla Summoner Quan
HQT on release
Sektor now
I would say none of them compare to Inj1 zoning, being that Injustice characters can dominate that MU chart with effective zoning without needing to pressure, even against high tiers, where in MKX it's mostly either hybrid play or all zoning vs low tier.

NRS development team will never allow a MU of two good chars to be played like Zod vs Hawkgirl or Raven vs Green Lantern again, let alone the low tier MUs or stuff like Zod vs Lex. Instead he'll make sure either A) all characters can get in and stay in or B) he'll Nerf the zoning to keep it watered down.

Remember what you saw. "3/4 of the screen pushback, clearly safe, 4/5 of meter, zoning tool". Paulo will probably orgasm himself to sleep as he Nerfs it prerelease.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I think (soap bar in my mouth) zoning tools are okay because of mb roll
Plus all the anti zoning tools. We know the old guys, and now some the new guys have-

Supergirl- Teleport that launches
Black Canary- Flip through projectile and combo you
Grodd- Trait that makes projectiles magically miss until it's over
Etc-

Tons of anti zoning in the game, but the man who doesn't miss will be shooting all his blanks on target.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Even if you don't have meter, Deadshot won't hit you enough to kill you before you build a bar. That being said the normal dashes have a lot of recovery so in theory zoning could be really good, but I think mb roll will help avoid a character with bad mobility being completely locked down.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Even if you don't have meter, Deadshot won't hit you enough to kill you before you build a bar. That being said the normal dashes have a lot of recovery so in theory zoning could be really good, but I think mb roll will help avoid a character with bad mobility being completely locked down.
Thing is too, they showed a lot of his keepaway but barely any strings/combos. Actually, did he even DO a combo that was MB into an extension ender?? Makes me wonder if they'll go the "all zoning but limited up close" route with him, but if they do then it's that much important that his zoning is strong.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Thing is too, they showed a lot of his keepaway but barely any strings/combos. Actually, did he even DO a combo that was MB into an extension ender?? Makes me wonder if they'll go the "all zoning but limited up close" route with him, but if they do then it's that much important that his zoning is strong.
Rewatch the harley trailer and it all makes sense combined with black canary vid. Hes got 1 mb combo extender, receding cancellable string to create space, and slide that switches sides. Hes basically gonna just knock you away with his choice of screen placement, pop trait, and go to town from full screen and just be 100% space control

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Rewatch the harley trailer and it all makes sense combined with black canary vid. Hes got 1 mb combo extender, receding cancellable string to create space, and slide that switches sides. Hes basically gonna just knock you away with his choice of screen placement, pop trait, and go to town from full screen and just be 100% space control
That's too old though. Moves may have been changed. Supergirl had extra moves that are now gone and no Teleport a couple of months ago.

Not saying that's absolutely what happened with Deadshot, but the absence of moves when showcasing makes me take the wait and see approach. He's been the least shown char along with Harley so it's hard to judge yet. On paper it sounds good though.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
The trait is gonna be awesome. Iv been day dreaming about it lol.

We could use the damage one vs other zoners with damaging projectiles to make trades favorable for Deadshot.

If there's a character that we desperately need to keep out we can use the meter drain one to keep mb rolls from happening. This could also help lock down bad mobility characters if mb roll is their best means of getting in.

I don't have any immidiate ideas for the DOT cuz idk how much it is... sure there will be more on this later.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
If he's all out zoning and poor offense then that worries me.... reminds me of another character in MKX who was supposed to fit that archetype.
I say keep his crouching shots, the game is already loaded with excellent antizoning tools, and a key one is universal.

Status
Not open for further replies.