What's new

Darkseid - General Strategies and Discussion

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
@EMPEROR_KNICKS

REO showed me your tweet. Why the sudden change of opinion? I saw your series versus Theo and I thought you did very well.
No it wasnt versus Theo that changed my mind at all, its just playing a lot of these buffed characters that literally got buffs for no reasons and are just making matchups harder, like scarecrow and firestorm, Darkseid might lose to swampy now, etc. I guess it finally dawned on me that it just takes so much work to play darkseid at a high level, to even get a mix with darkseid is annoying, bc first i have to read if they are going to jump, or not, the possibility of pushblock, then i have to actually mix them, then after i do that I have to read an air tech, and then i can get my dami. MAny of the other mixers dont have to deal with that, like flash, canary, etc and other chars are usually plus or have meterless options even someone does air tech. Also Darkseid has basically only 1 real viable demon, which is the green one. Explodey guy is good sometimes but even than there is really no reason to use it that often, blue trait might as well not exist as it isnt even a real mid, it might be busted if it was i guess but they could change it so darkseid has 3 good demons instead of 1. obviously he is footsies are bad and his neutral is alright with lasers and tele, but once certain characters get in its just hard for darkseid. Also what really annoyed me was better characters than darkseid that got retard buffs, like scarecrow lol which got his weakness buffed, now i cant throw out lasers, granted i can bait but its just a dumb mind game. Firestorm was already really good and got dumb buffs, i just feel like if Darkseid is going to keep staying the same and everyone else is gonna get buffed he is just going to keep getting worse, etc. Nrs needs to either make f2 a mid, or make more than one trait viable.

I've come to the conclusion that the scarecrow mu is significantly harder now because of the buffs.

Side note: you don't play darkseid just for his mix cuz you will find that darkseid is one of the weakest 'mix' characters in the game. If you want free mix from trait play atro.

Last edited:

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Crow gets a free d1 if he tele's a laser on a read, can meta-read forward dash if Darkseid is looking for a tele punish and checks Darkseid from a lot of ranges with better jump normals.Jump back 3 or 2 can contest Darkseid's air mix game too.D2 also anti-airs DS for free due to floaty jump arc.Add a fully invincible god-tier wake-up of Scarecrow and Crow gives any DS a headache now.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
I've come to the conclusion that the scarecrow mu is significantly harder now because of the buffs.

Side note: you don't play darkseid just for his mix cuz you will find that darkseid is one of the weakest 'mix' characters in the game. If you want free mix from trait play atro.
You do play darkseid for the mix lol, like what are you talking about. His zoning is only scary because of trait, and trait gives you mix, the reason you zone is to stall for trait and then you mix. He is not one of the weakest mixers wtf, hes better than canary for sure, hes better than atro, etc darkseid has good mix. Also the argument with atro, you can fuzzy the mix and all the best atros ie getrekd and coachsteve never mix, also by that logic yah why play any character that isnt top 5 right, thats like saying why play supes if you want busted neutral just play cw.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
You do play darkseid for the mix lol, like what are you talking about. His zoning is only scary because of trait, and trait gives you mix, the reason you zone is to stall for trait and then you mix. He is not one of the weakest mixers wtf, hes better than canary for sure, hes better than atro, etc darkseid has good mix. Also the argument with atro, you can fuzzy the mix and all the best atros ie getrekd and coachsteve never mix, also by that logic yah why play any character that isnt top 5 right, thats like saying why play supes if you want busted neutral just play cw.
wait, you can fuzzy atrocitus mix? how?

You cannot just rely on trait to provide you free mix and the majority of darkseid mix is unsafe and highly punishable. The majority of good players know how to avoid trait setups so you have to be consistently punishing them for trying to do so and so some matches you will never get a mix setup from trait. You say why play sups when you can play cw as if people don't actually agree with that. Sure it's an oversimplification, if you wanted to have better zoning tools and wanted to worry about different things then you would play sups however the majority of people would agree that cw is the better character and she does have better neutral so if you really did just want one of the best neutral you might wanna pick up her instead. Same case for playing darkseid for just the mix then you should pick flash or brainiac. Obviously you don't play darkseid just for the mix you play him for his gameplan and his other tools as well.

Relying off of crazy damage off of mix is honestly a death sentence, you will almost never consistently win if you're just going for super punishable mix. That's why top atro players don't mix majority of the time. They feel the mix for them does not do much damage and so the risk outweighs the reward for them to try it against certain characters. Also you can not reliably fuzzy atro mix get out of here with that. You'll be reacting wayyy before you fuzzy his mix it's nearly.

Last edited:

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
they should just make demons themselves unpushblockable, so you can only pushblock darkseid himself.

also, yeah, making f2 a mid or something would be nice.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
You cannot just rely on trait to provide you free mix and the majority of darkseid mix is unsafe and highly punishable. The majority of good players know how to avoid trait setups so you have to be consistently punishing them for trying to do so and so some matches you will never get a mix setup from trait. You say why play sups when you can play cw as if people don't actually agree with that. Sure it's an oversimplification, if you wanted to have better zoning tools and wanted to worry about different things then you would play sups however the majority of people would agree that cw is the better character and she does have better neutral so if you really did just want one of the best neutral you might wanna pick up her instead. Same case for playing darkseid for just the mix then you should pick flash or brainiac. Obviously you don't play darkseid just for the mix you play him for his gameplan and his other tools as well.

Relying off of crazy damage off of mix is honestly a death sentence, you will almost never consistently win if you're just going for super punishable mix. That's why top atro players don't mix majority of the time. They feel the mix for them does not do much damage and so the risk outweighs the reward for them to try it against certain characters. Also you can not reliably fuzzy atro mix get out of here with that. You'll be reacting wayyy before you fuzzy his mix it's nearly.
You can easily stuff people for doing, all the top players who try usually get stuffed, and the mix is darkseids fear factor, again you are talking out of ur ass, no one is scared of darkseids zoning, the mix is also messed up because of the mindgames surrounding it,the mix is punishable sure but the reward outweighs the risk, usually u will be getting more damage of ur mix then the other way around. The reason most darkseids dont see much sucess and get bopped is because they cant properly enforce mix and mindgames.

You can easily stuff people for doing, all the top players who try usually get stuffed, and the mix is darkseids fear factor, again you are talking out of ur ass, no one is scared of darkseids zoning, the mix is also messed up because of the mindgames surrounding it,the mix is punishable sure but the reward outweighs the risk, usually u will be getting more damage of ur mix then the other way around. The reason most darkseids dont see much sucess and get bopped is because they cant properly enforce mix and mindgames.
this is just not true. this game hurts risk takers, just look at the way health bars work in this game. one strong hit and you are at a huge deficit the entire rest of the game unlike in mkx were youre at a deficit for a round. its just made to and when you have super punishable mix that is hard to enforce everytime anyways you just aren't going to be consistently successful with just the mix you obviously need other things. i feel that the best way to play darkseid is to go for the relatively safe mix as much as possible or atleast not super punishable mix and going for super punishable only when you kno that it will work.

However there are characters that encourage you to do mix as their mix is relatively safe or much more safer and do bigger damage and are easier to start up. Obviously you dont play darkseid to zone people out but you do play him for his additional tools and not just his mix.

Last edited:

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
this is just not true. this game hurts risk takers, just look at the way health bars work in this game. one strong hit and you are at a huge deficit the entire rest of the game unlike in mkx were youre at a deficit for a round. its just made to and when you have super punishable mix that is hard to enforce everytime anyways you just aren't going to be consistently successful with just the mix you obviously need other things. i feel that the best way to play darkseid is to go for the relatively safe mix as much as possible or atleast not super punishable mix and going for super punishable only when you kno that it will work.

However there are characters that encourage you to do mix as their mix is relatively safe or much more safer and do bigger damage and are easier to start up. Obviously you dont play darkseid to zone people out but you do play him for his tools and not just his mix.
What safe mix are you talking about, grab is usually what i do when i wanna stay safe or traits in the corner otherwise you have to take risks, now if you have a huge life lead obviously go for safe things which is what i usually do, but again you have to mix with darkseid his tools arent good enough without it, again with ur mindset and many ppl who play darkseid share it, you have to enforce the mix and use the mix, darkseid gets anywhere between about 380 to 500 damage off a mix, as far as mixes go thats top 3 dami, and darkseid is hard to take the lifelead from when you have huge life lead. The reason why i succede the most and do the best is because well I enforce the mix, and Im not scared to go for it.

What safe mix are you talking about, grab is usually what i do when i wanna stay safe or traits in the corner otherwise you have to take risks, now if you have a huge life lead obviously go for safe things which is what i usually do, but again you have to mix with darkseid his tools arent good enough without it, again with ur mindset and many ppl who play darkseid share it, you have to enforce the mix and use the mix, darkseid gets anywhere between about 380 to 500 damage off a mix, as far as mixes go thats top 3 dami, and darkseid is hard to take the lifelead from when you have huge life lead. The reason why i succede the most and do the best is because well I enforce the mix, and Im not scared to go for it.
It's not that I don't do mix it's just I don't go for like b1u3 and I don't go for stomp everytime I can especially on characters that will punish me hard. relatively safe mix is like his knee pressure and his b12 and throws and sometimes jump ins after trait is blocked but of course those are all punishable just much safer than yolo stomp. It's not that you're not supposed to mix with darkseid it's you don't have to go for the most unsafe options everytime and if you want to play a mix character you play flash or you play brainiac. If you honestly believed that darkseids only thing is his mix and nothing else then there would be no logical reason for you to play him and pick him over an obviously superior mixer like flash. the truth is darkseid is not a pure mixer he's a hybrid. Also I'm sorry but it is just ignorant to believe that you are legitimately the only one to actually commit to darkseid full punishable mix.

Last edited:

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
It's not that I don't do mix it's just I don't go for like b1u3 and I don't go for stomp everytime I can especially on characters that will punish me hard. relatively safe mix is like his knee pressure and his b12 and throws and sometimes jump ins after trait is blocked but of course those are all punishable just much safer than yolo stomp. It's not that you're not supposed to mix with darkseid it's you don't have to go for the most unsafe options everytime and if you want to play a mix character you play flash or you play brainiac. If you honestly believed that darkseids only thing is his mix and nothing else then there would be no logical reason for you to play him and pick him over an obviously superior mixer like flash. the truth is darkseid is not a pure mixer he's a hybrid. Also I'm sorry but it is just ignorant to believe that you are legitimately the only one to actually commit to darkseid full punishable mix.
Darkseids best tool is his mix, b12 isnt a scary option, so going for it does not discourage ur opponent, darkseid is a mixer. I guess he is a hybrid but his best offensive tool is his mix, how is stomp yolo, yolo implies random, the air stomp is an air low that leads into about a 40 percent combo, and you can delay it instant air it, etc. I never even said his only thing is mix, his mix is just the best part obviously knee pressure is good and his counter zoning, wakeups etc. You shouldnt go for unsafe mix everytime ur right about that, but going for it rarely is bad, darkseid is a character who lives and dies by the mix, thats the most effective way to play him, playing him to passive with b12, and just grabs isnt good and this is coming from a guy who grabs with darkseid a lot. Mostly every darkseid ive seen plays him to passively the only exception was socalzod who dropped the game months ago. M2dave played him to zone heavy and too passive, you cant mix either. Again the reason i do well at a high level with Darkseid is because i can enforce the mix, and bc i can mix. Sometimes people can guess right obviously but having an air low makes it way trickier to block.

E

Eldriken

Knicks, how do you enforce the mix? I'm legitimately asking. What do you do exactly?

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
Knicks, how do you enforce the mix? I'm legitimately asking. What do you do exactly?
Ppl love to jump and they love to do it especially when darkseid moves, so you can do things like tele first and go for d1 knee and then use trait to go for mix or hit confirm into palm strike, or you throw out demon then do instant air laser, or xx uplaser so they jump, depending on the range you can get a conversion with a tele into d1 palmstrike, or just a laser, mostly i like to tele first. With or you can do xx air laser and then throw out demon so they cant jump at all. But make sure when you get in you listen to basics, dont try to get damage instead go for a b12 so you can but the 10 percent fear of god into them.
kappa

For buffs, what would you like to have adjusted? I would like low-laser to MB into combo, buff his back-dash and d2. Fireball trait cannot be low profiled, regardless of range and for 2,1 to come out on whiff. Lastly, make F2 a mid.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Ppl love to jump and they love to do it especially when darkseid moves, so you can do things like tele first and go for d1 knee and then use trait to go for mix or hit confirm into palm strike, or you throw out demon then do instant air laser, or xx uplaser so they jump, depending on the range you can get a conversion with a tele into d1 palmstrike, or just a laser, mostly i like to tele first. With or you can do xx air laser and then throw out demon so they cant jump at all. But make sure when you get in you listen to basics, dont try to get damage instead go for a b12 so you can but the 10 percent fear of god into them.
kappa
lol,

another way to enforce the mix is to do it off of your plus mb knee, once they start respecting you that is.

and in the neutral as well, when they're trying to chase you down and your walking back, and if the spacing is right, you can go for a jump in mix, you can do a whole bunch of htings here from the j3 stomp, j3 grab, ji2 b1u3, ji2, 22~mbfb3. Ji3 and then instant air stomp to throw off they're timing,