What's new

Darkseid - General Strategies and Discussion

Arzumis

Noob
@gibster13
Its been said before but it's his neutral game. A lot of the top tier characters have great footsies tools and decent anti airs. Darkseid has to use his trait to make the 50/50 happen or use it to make it the 50/50 safe which almost never because his neutral is so bad. I will say if he had good neutral plus his 50/50s he would be broken.

It takes a dedicated player that can accept not having those standard neutral tools most characters have which is why i think he isn't too popular in high level play.

E

Eldriken

What does Darkseid get, if anything, after a blocked 112? I know he's plus, but the pushback makes it seem like you aren't close enough to really do anything.

Most of the time I'll try a df2 afterwards because most folks seem to press a button afterwards, probably due to not knowing it's plus.

But I'm kinda hoping you can follow up with something else.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
What does Darkseid get, if anything, after a blocked 112? I know he's plus, but the pushback makes it seem like you aren't close enough to really do anything.

Most of the time I'll try a df2 afterwards because most folks seem to press a button afterwards, probably due to not knowing it's plus.

But I'm kinda hoping you can follow up with something else.
I typically try to walk back and db1 if they whiff something.
Or aa if they jump

E

Eldriken

I typically try to walk back and db1 if they whiff something.
Or aa if they jump
I do that occasionally as well. It usually isn't punishable if you walk back a bit.

Speaking of punishable...

I hate how like everything he does is damn near full combo punishable.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Yea it really sucks
I've been mixing using 21xknee/12xknee/223 into dash up nj2 a lot lately. They can tech roll but u can start blowing that up with db1 etc.
good thing about it is u can hitconfirms into mb knee on block and be plus

E

Eldriken

Also can j3 throw etc.
I never, ever do that. That's probably one thing I'm doing wrong. lol

I love using db1. I mix it with 22(3) to make them guess overhead or low, but if they guess right on the low, I eat a nice combo.

I also don't use b1u3 enough. Yet I like using b12 because it's plus and folks like to press a button afterward.

soooo you guys got anything for dealing with hellboy leap. this looking kinda bad for darkseid.

If the darkseid does perfect ia lasers then he can get away with a trade against a leap in between but only at fullscreen. Otherwise if the hellboy times leap right he will get in for free and either punish you or trade

Last edited:

AkioOf100

I play Raph
I have a question for anybody who plays Darkseid. This is sorta for MU knowledge but also just a general question. Why is Darkseid so uncharacteristic in playstyle? Like, his design as a character is great and all, because his omega beams are definitely a big part of who he is, and I personally have no issue with zoning at all, Beetle doesn't get zoned out easily (thats my main). I just want to know why he's so runaway centered? Like, he wants to keep you out until he gets trait, sure. But it's not just walkback.. it's bunny hopping like.. LOL.. Darkseid's nothing like that in the comics? I know, I know. It's a video game, but yikes he's such a coward in this game, the way he plays.

Again, this isn't like an issue with me wanting the character nerfed or anything but I just wanna know like why he's so runaway. He doesn't have that good of a back walk speed so I guess that's why people hop and jump around?

gibster13

A fan of fans
I have a question for anybody who plays Darkseid. This is sorta for MU knowledge but also just a general question. Why is Darkseid so uncharacteristic in playstyle? Like, his design as a character is great and all, because his omega beams are definitely a big part of who he is, and I personally have no issue with zoning at all, Beetle doesn't get zoned out easily (thats my main). I just want to know why he's so runaway centered? Like, he wants to keep you out until he gets trait, sure. But it's not just walkback.. it's bunny hopping like.. LOL.. Darkseid's nothing like that in the comics? I know, I know. It's a video game, but yikes he's such a coward in this game, the way he plays.

Again, this isn't like an issue with me wanting the character nerfed or anything but I just wanna know like why he's so runaway. He doesn't have that good of a back walk speed so I guess that's why people hop and jump around?
When you have no normals and all lasers...YOU RUN FOR YOU LYFE BOIIIII...until you have trait that is..Bunny hoping to keep yomi with airlasers and bait shit from fullscreen

cuz of the tele buff basically. makes darkseid have to respect alot more. before he was able to laser during the tele and still be plus enough for a d1 check. now he could be punished mid laser. also he has a hard time dealing with crow jump ins. idk could be just salty after my lost to toxin

E

Eldriken

cuz of the tele buff basically. makes darkseid have to respect alot more. before he was able to laser during the tele and still be plus. now he could be punished. also he has a hard time dealing with crow jump ins. idk could be just salty after my lost to toxin
I don't feel it's changed at all.

So are we still surviving on gimmicks and mind games or have we found some new tech? :DOGE

Not asking for buffs, but NRS buffed Firestorm because he lacked representation in tournament play ;)