What's new

Darkseid - General Strategies and Discussion

E

Eldriken

Not trying to downplay here, but just to clarify, his 50/50 is great but you shouldn't be letting darkseid do raw 50/50s on you. He has ways to condition people to take his 50/50 on setups, but they can be avoided too. Once you play someone that knows the matchup it's definitely not "just 50/50 bro". Darkseid ain't no batgirl.
People will eventually realize this one day. Darkseid isn't guaranteed an effin' thing. lol

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
I play the MU with two of the best darkseids IMO. And from what I see I have to put in so much work and one slip up I lose my huge life lead. And to make matters worse he a 50/50 from the air. That's more than just a mix up. And he can do shit with hit trait that does gaurentee stuff and sometimes not. It's really not just a mix up. Lucky for u guys u get top tier damage with your mix up followed with his teleport that recovers way to fast and good dmg projectile with unavoidable chip

People downplay this character too much considering u don't need to play as good as your opponent does to win.

kcd117

Noob
I play the MU with two of the best darkseids IMO. And from what I see I have to put in so much work and one slip up I lose my huge life lead. And to make matters worse he a 50/50 from the air. That's more than just a mix up. And he can do shit with hit trait that does gaurentee stuff and sometimes not. It's really not just a mix up. Lucky for u guys u get top tier damage with your mix up followed with his teleport that recovers way to fast and good dmg projectile with unavoidable chip

People downplay this character too much considering u don't need to play as good as your opponent does to win.
Nobody is downplaying the character... we are just... playing.
Saying he has truly guaranteed 50/50 is misinformation. He doesn't, he has setups that can guarantee you that, but the setups are not guaranteed. Darkseid is rewarded with good dmg if we guess right on the setup and then on the 50/50.
His teleport is very good but dude, if darkseid air teleports on you you definetly should be able to anti air him with pretty much anything, or just walk back and whiff punish. If he uses regular teleport just punish it, or if you can't react fast enough at least you can get your turn back, his neutral is ass.
He has top tier dmg, great space control and some dirty mixups. He is a great character, but if you are letting him get away with murder he becomes a monster.

All I can say is that if you are letting him get away with heavily punishable stuff 24/7, taking unnecessary risks and respecting darkseid too much you are not gonna win, and you are definitely not playing as good as your opponent.

OmGxBdON

Nobody is downplaying the character... we are just... playing.
Saying he has truly guaranteed 50/50 is misinformation. He doesn't, he has setups that can guarantee you that, but the setups are not guaranteed. Darkseid is rewarded with good dmg if we guess right on the setup and then on the 50/50.
His teleport is very good but dude, if darkseid air teleports on you you definetly should be able to anti air him with pretty much anything, or just walk back and whiff punish. If he uses regular teleport just punish it, or if you can't react fast enough at least you can get your turn back, his neutral is ass.
He has top tier dmg, great space control and some dirty mixups. He is a great character, but if you are letting him get away with murder he becomes a monster.

All I can say is that if you are letting him get away with heavily punishable stuff 24/7, taking unnecessary risks and respecting darkseid too much you are not gonna win, and you are definitely not playing as good as your opponent.
Like i said i know the MU and play the best people representing the character. Still doesnt change the fact that the darkseid doesnt need to work as hard as other player who has to react to everything he has to do and never let darkseid get near him with his bullshit. When i lose to darkseid i never feel like i get outplayed i just got mixed and vise versa i have to completely outplay darkseid atleast in the fate MU. The MU reminds me of the mountain vs the viper for all u game of thrones fans out there :p

geezy89

Weekend Warrior
Like i said i know the MU and play the best people representing the character. Still doesnt change the fact that the darkseid doesnt need to work as hard as other player who has to react to everything he has to do and never let darkseid get near him with his bullshit. When i lose to darkseid i never feel like i get outplayed i just got mixed and vise versa i have to completely outplay darkseid atleast in the fate MU. The MU reminds me of the mountain vs the viper for all u game of thrones fans out there :p

Some of what your saying may true when it comes to Dr. Fate specifically, but if you know the mu as good as you say you do, then you know lasers aren't "guaranteed chip" like your claiming, you can just duck. Not to mention the fact they have huge recovery and are punishable by most of the cast. Your claim that "his teleport that recovers way to fast", -30 is way too fast? You should be able to leave the room, take a shit, and still punish that. I agree with you his trait set ups are good, but push block is your best friend if you really don't want to guess. Your hyping this character like he's a top 5 character and that's really not the case. I don't want to down play him, I think he's top 10, but somewhere near the bottom of top 10. He struggles in a fair amount of match ups and he isn't a brain dead character like your making it seem. Brain dead Darkseid players are my favorite to play against because it's an easy W every time.

OmGxBdON

Some of what your saying may true when it comes to Dr. Fate specifically, but if you know the mu as good as you say you do, then you know lasers aren't "guaranteed chip" like your claiming, you can just duck. Not to mention the fact they have huge recovery and are punishable by most of the cast. Your claim that "his teleport that recovers way to fast", -30 is way too fast? You should be able to leave the room, take a shit, and still punish that. I agree with you his trait set ups are good, but push block is your best friend if you really don't want to guess. Your hyping this character like he's a top 5 character and that's really not the case. I don't want to down play him, I think he's top 10, but somewhere near the bottom of top 10. He struggles in a fair amount of match ups and he isn't a brain dead character like your making it seem. Brain dead Darkseid players are my favorite to play against because it's an easy W every time.
Nah hes not aquaman braindead but hes upthere. Saying this character is honest is like saying adams damage is fair. Your mixing people to win not outplaying. And no the teleport is not that easy to punish if it were true then he would be ass. Btw no shit i was talking about ex lasers thought that was implied. Not some scrub who cant duck lasers.

Also ofcourse his 50/50 isnt gaurenteed. No characters is. U have to get in first and particular for darkseid its not that hard if u know how to get in via tele, trait and other tools.

kcd117

Noob
Nah hes not aquaman braindead but hes upthere. Saying this character is honest is like saying adams damage is fair. Your mixing people to win not outplaying. And no the teleport is not that easy to punish if it were true then he would be ass. Btw no shit i was talking about ex lasers thought that was implied. Not some scrub who cant duck lasers.

Also ofcourse his 50/50 isnt gaurenteed. No characters is. U have to get in first and particular for darkseid its not that hard if u know how to get in via tele, trait and other tools.
I think we all know we have a top 10 character here, but you are still stuck in sonic's exhibition.

OmGxBdON

I think we all know we have a top 10 character here, but you are still stuck in sonic's exhibition.
Sonics exhibition was trash wtf. Just abused character unfamiliarity. Peace ive made my point

E

Eldriken

PSA: you can throw Darkseid out of his ground teleport before he can do anything.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Grab, poke, full combo...
Just like you can jump most parademon setups, or delay wakeup on oki...
No one is gonna block forever, darkseid can open people up effectively, but getting mixed to death and abused by teleports is lack of matchup knowledge.
honestly, the way i usually open up people from stomps is by reading pokes and punishing the whiffed poke with air stomp, since it whiffed cuz i jumped. and i feel using trait to make your mixups safe is better then using it as part of the actual mix most of the time.

i still feel darkseid could use a few things, like make his f2 faster, if he had a mb verson of low laser that launched that'd be nice.

without the use of trait, hes pretty much just a yolo 50/50 character with damage, his zoning without the trait isnt gonna keep anybody out. it irritates me to no end how reliant darkseid is on his trait in order to win. so basically your matches boil down to, how good are you at not getting hit till your trait meter fills up.

E

Eldriken

honestly, the way i usually open up people from stomps is by reading pokes and punishing the whiffed poke with air stomp, since it whiffed cuz i jumped. and i feel using trait to make your mixups safe is better then using it as part of the actual mix most of the time.

i still feel darkseid could use a few things, like make his f2 faster, if he had a mb verson of low laser that launched that'd be nice.

without the use of trait, hes pretty much just a yolo 50/50 character with damage, his zoning without the trait isnt gonna keep anybody out. it irritates me to no end how reliant darkseid is on his trait in order to win. so basically your matches boil down to, how good are you at not getting hit till your trait meter fills up.
Yup. His entire gameplan revolves around his trait.

People don't pushblock, delay wakeup or jump out of his setups enough.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
While darkseids 50/50s arent technically guaranteed the setup is almost always in his favor, even if they try to squirm there are plenty of ways to make them stop, and once you do its basically over for them, bc the risk reward for them being lunatics is in darkseids favor, if you stop them they eat close to 50 percent, if they jump or mash they dont really get that much. Pushblocking the demon can be stopped, and even if they do keep doing it almost every time, they have to keep sacrificing meter, which is used to get in vs darkseid and combo, so if i have a lead and someone is just pushblocking then il let them lol. The reason im making this post is at a high level darkseid is opening up people with mix, some people are saying otherwise but its mostly untrue, darkseid mix and enforcing it is what makes it scary. Enforcing mix is essential to darkseid. And @OmGxBdON who does jump out of my setups, delays knockdown, etc gets blown up for it, sure it might for work once or twice, but they're are setups that cover all options for the most part. Honestly i love playing people who jump and squirm bc its just free 50 percent for me.

E

Eldriken

While darkseids 50/50s arent technically guaranteed the setup is almost always in his favor, even if they try to squirm there are plenty of ways to make them stop, and once you do its basically over for them, bc the risk reward for them being lunatics is in darkseids favor, if you stop them they eat close to 50 percent, if they jump or mash they dont really get that much. Pushblocking the demon can be stopped, and even if they do keep doing it almost every time, they have to keep sacrificing meter, which is used to get in vs darkseid and combo, so if i have a lead and someone is just pushblocking then il let them lol. The reason im making this post is at a high level darkseid is opening up people with mix, some people are saying otherwise but its mostly untrue, darkseid mix and enforcing it is what makes it scary. Enforcing mix is essential to darkseid. And @OmGxBdON who does jump out of my setups, delays knockdown, etc gets blown up for it, sure it might for work once or twice, but they're are setups that cover all options for the most part. Honestly i love playing people who jump and squirm bc its just free 50 percent for me.
What are the ways around them squirming? Genuinely curious.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
so basically your matches boil down to, how good are you at not getting hit till your trait meter fills up.
Players who used Sinestro and Zod in Injustice 1 are used to this gameplay style.

As far as teleporting is concerned, players who have lots of experience fighting Darkseid have no trouble punishing the regular and the instant aerial teleport full screen away because the options are limited and predictable. Walking forward causes the regular and the instant aerial teleport as well as the respective grounded and aerial attacks to whiff so the only variable your opponent has to account for is the omega beam, which can easily be reacted to and crouched from long ranges. The teleport is best utilized in footsies because of the numerous variables. For example, you can attack from the air with jump 3, jump and teleport to cause your opponent's anti-aerial attack to whiff, perform an instant aerial stomp, perform an instant aerial teleport and stomp, etc. Of course, these options are risky against characters who have a high damage output such as Black Adam and Catwoman or great aerial control such as Aquaman, which are the matches in which he tends to struggle, forcing you to take well-calculated risks.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Players who used Sinestro and Zod in Injustice 1 are used to this gameplay style.

As far as teleporting is concerned, players who have lots of experience fighting Darkseid have no trouble punishing the regular and the instant aerial teleport full screen away because the options are limited and predictable. Walking forward causes the regular and the instant aerial teleport as well as the respective grounded and aerial attacks to whiff so the only variable your opponent has to account for is the omega beam, which can easily be reacted to and crouched from long ranges. The teleport is best utilized in footsies because of the numerous variables. For example, you can attack from the air with jump 3, jump and teleport to cause your opponent's anti-aerial attack to whiff, perform an instant aerial stomp, perform an instant aerial teleport and stomp, etc. Of course, these options are risky against characters who have a high damage output such as Black Adam and Catwoman or great aerial control such as Aquaman, which are the matches in which he tends to struggle, forcing you to take well-calculated risks.
imma just say if he don't get no changes, ill probably just use a different character, i don't see how u can stop them from pushblocking the setups either. And right now, i played against a batman that d2'd me on reaction damn near everytime i teleported. i could almost never get the setup going, and had to resort to walking backwards and hoping to god my trait charged in time.

no, zod was NOTHING like Darkseid, don't even compare the two. zod's zoning was much muuuuch better than darkseids and so were his strings. Zod could actually play footsies.

kcd117

Noob
imma just say if he don't get no changes, ill probably just use a different character, i don't see how u can stop them from pushblocking the setups either. And right now, i played against a batman that d2'd me on reaction damn near everytime i teleported. i could almost never get the setup going, and had to resort to walking backwards and hoping to god my trait charged in time.

no, zod was NOTHING like Darkseid, don't even compare the two. zod's zoning was much muuuuch better than darkseids and so were his strings. Zod could actually play footsies.
Try to use more ground teleport for mixups instead of air teleport, it's faster.
Also, if they start to pushblock everytime you can teleport mbf3 to blow them up for that.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Try to use more ground teleport for mixups instead of air teleport, it's faster.
Also, if they start to pushblock everytime you can teleport mbf3 to blow them up for that.
I AM using the ground teleports, lol.

i think im gonna start using deadshot or something. at least he can actually keep people out.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)

XXf3 or bck 3, for like 4o plus , stop doing tele if they anti air u lol, if u couldnt get ur setups going thats on you. Darkseid doesnt need changes ur just not playing the character right.