What's new

Dark Souls 3 Discussion Thread

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So whoever has the LSoD on X1 apparantly there's a fix for it but I haven't been able to confirm. Will test when I get home later today:

While booting up the game, let it get to the "retrieving latest calibrations" (LSoD part) and go queue up an X360 back compat download. It should connect then.

AgainIhaven't been able to confirm if this works but I'll try later
What does LSoD mean

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
I'm looking at a guide. Not because it's difficult playing blind because I've been wrecking with a sorceror on starting spells with a Longsword but just because I don't know where to go.

I'm on the last lord of cinder, the firekeeper wants me to kill her because she has eyes now and I generally just don't know what is going on anymore

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I'm looking at a guide. Not because it's difficult playing blind because I've been wrecking with a sorceror on starting spells with a Longsword but just because I don't know where to go.

I'm on the last lord of cinder, the firekeeper wants me to kill her because she has eyes now and I generally just don't know what is going on anymore
Appreciate the edit, didn't even have to message you. Gold star.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Apparently there's 3 endings, btw. Any spoilers in here gets punished swiftly, use spoilers tags pls.
That's what I hear. My game still hasn't arrived so I have nothing but time to look things up about it.

Also I don't think this is a spoiler because it's a feature in souls games overall. But your covenant affiliation can affect your relationships with some NPC's causing you to not finish their quest lines.

Da Tac0

GT: C88 Taco
Yup fuck this game. Played DS2 got killed by a pig at the beginning and raged. I like watching the game play though.

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
What weapon are you guys liking right now? was using the broad sword then Claymore. just got the executioners greatsword so im excited to upgrade that and try it out

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
Also I don't think this is a spoiler because it's a feature in souls games overall. But your covenant affiliation can affect your relationships with some NPC's causing you to not finish their quest lines.
Oh shit, everyone better love the sun Bros.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
I haven't officially finished it yet because I don't know whether your forced to start the next playthrough or not but from what I've played it's pretty easy. Now I need to research because somehow I managed to get to the final area without coming across a pyro flame let alone a spell vendor

which stats are the most important ones early on?
also after Ive received the serpent ring with this tree jump glitch lol how long have you guys been grinding in order to keep up with the further areas?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I haven't officially finished it yet because I don't know whether your forced to start the next playthrough or not but from what I've played it's pretty easy. Now I need to research because somehow I managed to get to the final area without coming across a pyro flame let alone a spell vendor
Lol, these things are pretty early on, you get the Pyro NPC in the 2nd area (Undead Settlement) along with the Pyro Flame Hand. You also get Yoel, a sorcerer merchant in the Undead Settlement, at the very beginning of the area.

Also, there's a glitch to kill the Dancer early. I don't recommend doing it on first playthrough, but you can kill her before you even kill Vordt (only way it works anyway). Only reason I did it besides getting 50k souls early, is because after her there's a boss you can go to to get the MLGS boss soul, which is what my build is going to be based around.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Can anyone help me with a couple kinda noob questions about DS3? I am kinda lost gear wise and have not played a souls game since demon souls.

Can anyone help me with a couple kinda noob questions about DS3? I am kinda lost gear wise and have not played a souls game since demon souls.
Depends what you are asking. I do know you can no longer upgrade your gear , they went the bloodborne way with the armor. I just wear it to look cool now.

Last edited:
Also I found a pretty good farming spot to get around 6000-7000 souls and A ember at a fast rate. It involves one of the easier bosses and JOLLY COOPERATION.

Gang bang the old demon king, ALOT of ppl seem to need help with this boss I made 17 ember in about an hour. A few fails here and there decreased the amount I could have gotten but if you kill this boss as fast as possible you can farm this spot pretty well.

Last edited:

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Depends what you are asking. I do know you can no longer upgrade your gear , they went the bloodborne way with the armor. I just wear it to look cool now.
I found a couple answers on my own but I still have a couple. I have no idea what armor I should be looking for as a warrior it all seems to heavy or too light compared to my starting gear. I am trying to go full strength build and waiting to get yhorms great machete until then I am rocking a +5 heavy large club but not sure how good it is. Should I be using a shield with club or just two hand it?

I think that is about it, ty!

I found a couple answers on my own but I still have a couple. I have no idea what armor I should be looking for as a warrior it all seems to heavy or too light compared to my starting gear. I am trying to go full strength build and waiting to get yhorms great machete until then I am rocking a +5 heavy large club but not sure how good it is. Should I be using a shield with club or just two hand it?

I think that is about it, ty!
I never was a club man so I dont have much experience with the club lol. If you are good at rolling and avoiding attacks then go two handed but if not I would suggest to sticking with the shield. And Have you unlocked all the armor sets? There are some pretty even ones down the line if thats what your looking for but if you want full on strength then go with the heavy armor. The heaviest armor I found so far was the winged knights and smoughs armor

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I never was a club man so I dont have much experience with the club lol. If you are good at rolling and avoiding attacks then go two handed but if not I would suggest to sticking with the shield. And Have you unlocked all the armor sets? There are some pretty even ones down the line if thats what your looking for but if you want full on strength then go with the heavy armor. The heaviest armor I found so far was the winged knights and smoughs armor
I don't have much VIT for the heavy armor and the slow rolls will kill me with the club. I even have the ring that increases your equip load and I am cutting it close and had to stick a point in VIT to make it work. I think first clear I will have a handle on everything and be ready for NG+.

I will prob respec my guy when I get a firm grasp on everything I forgot you could do that.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
PvP is really good, however there's some major problems. Estus flask chugging is OP. And I don't mean it's good, it's literally way too easy to run away and chug. You can also move and turn while chugging so you'll never get back stab punished. Not to mention you only get fucking FIVE Lloyd talismans (Undead hunter charms) at a time, which is absurd.

There's also hella phantom ranges on runnin r1 Kitana, and some other weapons. You cannot run away from a Kitana, no chance. Which forces me to use it as a secondary to chase down chuggers.

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
PvP is really good, however there's some major problems. Estus flask chugging is OP. And I don't mean it's good, it's literally way too easy to run away and chug. You can also move and turn while chugging so you'll never get back stab punished. Not to mention you only get fucking FIVE Lloyd talismans (Undead hunter charms) at a time, which is absurd.

There's also hella phantom ranges on runnin r1 Kitana, and some other weapons. You cannot run away from a Kitana, no chance. Which forces me to use it as a secondary to chase down chuggers.
There is balance adjustments coming later today, cant wait to see what they do