What's new

Dark Souls 3 Discussion Thread

MK Led

Umbasa
This game was a frolic through the tulips compared to the first one even the second one is harder lol
Souls is never really overly hard after your first one. Once you know the tricks its not as brutal as it seems on your very first run-through. I don't think fromsoft increasing the difficulty with every game would actually be a very good idea for them, would make it harder and harder to sell copies with every game.

Souls is never really overly hard after your first one. Once you know the tricks its not as brutal as it seems on your very first run-through. I don't think fromsoft increasing the difficulty with every game would actually be a very good idea for them, would make it harder and harder to sell copies with every game.
Of course my friend there are two who are kinda hard but still I'm not faulting the game I'm just used to it by now

Imo. Demons Souls has a more harder difficulty and I must have done around 4-5 fresh build playthroughs on it and still struggle at times, yet I'm loving this DS3 so far, very rich and atmospheric and looks absolutely stunning. It's what DS2 should have been, which was a failure for me.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
This game doesn't have the shine that 1 and 2 did to make me want to make multiple builds on them.

Intelligence is dead, Faith is dead, Pyro is TBC, R.I.P. hexes, and spellsword is dead. It's just melee and you don't even need to make more than one because you can infuse weapons to make them scale with Dex, Str or both

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
This game doesn't have the shine that 1 and 2 did to make me want to make multiple builds on them.

Intelligence is dead, Faith is dead, Pyro is TBC, R.I.P. hexes, and spellsword is dead. It's just melee and you don't even need to make more than one because you can infuse weapons to make them scale with Dex, Str or both
You're crazy, int is not dead at all. Faith isn't great though. My sorcerer, MLGS build (which I don't even have yet) has only lost once in PvP and that was because the elements plus his running phantom range Kitana was too much for me. I will be playing on this build for awhile, my first build was STR which is op for PvE. Next build is pyro/Dex/bow. Game is amazing and probably the best souls game to date.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Oh another complaint is rolling in pvp Jesus what is this a circus hold still
It has always been so. You gotta bait the double roll and hit them on wake up. DkS PvP is all about conditioning, much like a fighting game. Also, the buckler is your friend.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
You're crazy, int is not dead at all. Faith isn't great though. My sorcerer, MLGS build (which I don't even have yet) has only lost once in PvP and that was because the elements plus his running phantom range Kitana was too much for me. I will be playing on this build for awhile, my first build was STR which is op for PvE. Next build is pyro/Dex/bow. Game is amazing and probably the best souls game to date.
Magic feels like it has no place in this game. The gameplay is really fast and magic requires massive stat investment plus 2 out of your 4 ring slots just to do actual damage. Spells are even easier then they normally are to dodge, require stamina and mana plus they do less damage... this stuff isn't even suitable for killing beginners anymore

This is the best use I've seen for magic thus far

Redux

Ex Phase
Magic feels like it has no place in this game. The gameplay is really fast and magic requires massive stat investment plus 2 out of your 4 ring slots just to do actual damage. Spells are even easier then they normally are to dodge, require stamina and mana plus they do less damage... this stuff isn't even suitable for killing beginners anymore

magic takes up so much investments idk if it's worth it. they fucked up making you have to use pretty much all your ring slots to do good damage.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
magic takes up so much investments idk if it's worth it. they fucked up making you have to use pretty much all your ring slots to do good damage.
It really isn't worth it. I'm only using it now because some of the spells look really cool and in the chaotic gank environment that your almost always in when you invade you might be able to scrub out a kill on someone that wasn't paying attention to you.

Other than that it has no use. Even against bosses weak to a specific magic type you can just resin buff your Fume Ultragreatsword with that respective type and go ham

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

Idk, I've done just fine with it. It's not as good as DkS2, but you can't rely on solely magic to kill, gotta switch it up.

My sorcerer build is doing fine on 50 int and 40 att so far and cannot the problem people are moaning about. Having 4 slots used for decent magic buffs is not a major issue and I find it quite fun mixing it up on certain situations.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
My sorcerer build is doing fine on 50 int and 40 att so far and cannot the problem people are moaning about. Having 4 slots used for decent magic buffs is not a major issue and I find it quite fun mixing it up on certain situations.
I think the problem is people are trying to do pure magic in PvP. And trying to do easy to dodge magic like soul arrows. Which aren't useless for people who are running, and they also can be used in ganks. Faron flash sword and soul Greatsword are great for parry happy players. I haven't even got the better magic yet too. Can't wait for my build to be complete, it's going to be OD!

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters

Dude I think spellsword is very alive. I have seen popular players use it and done the numbers myself, it's very possible! Give it time and you will see a ton of players min maxing, mainly with dex builds as always, and using Sunlight Blade (think it's called lightning blade now) and dark moon blade. I've seen guys get 3 shotted or parried and a touch with a Uchi buffed with DMB.

Honestly that's my next build. Currently running a quality so I can try all the weapons and see what I dig. I was going to make a pyro 30/30 int/fai and go with chaos infusion on a light weapon and use great chaos fireball to punish chuggers and ganks but I agree that casting is meh this time around. We can always hope the DLC stuff is good though! But realizing how I play I'm going the fai route and buffing for stupid damage and will enjoy the miracle utility for PvE.