What's new

D2s Need To Be Unsafe

I dont mean mashing per say, i mean pressing d1 and pretty much immediately pressing s1 because you only have a 2 frame window to jail on a d1 hit. What I am getting at is it is hard to jail consistently offline on a confirm. You are NOT confirming it into a jail online, you have to guess the d1 will hit. This is specific to my character obviously based on the +9 on hit d1 vs the 7f s1.
I see what you mean now. Calling that mashing is confusing, though.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
People aren't throwing them out all willy nilly because they know they are safe. They do it because the keep landing them. They keep landing them because everyone wants to run at them with highs.

They have just defeated autopiloting high starting pressure with a strategy. Make the adjustment with a counter strategy. Force them to respect alternative forms of pressure before running at them with only highs. The recognize A and counter play with B of fighting games is present in d2 usage. I'm not personally claiming to be good at making such adjustments, but the mind games and options are fully available around this stuff.
I'm referring to characters that have more range on their d2 than some characters' mids, it was my mistake for not elaborating. I was on TYM covertly at work.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Good Topic - D2/Uppercut are powerful in MK11

KB ability feature added to D2, yes.

When blocked, it’s very much safe with pushback. It should have reversal consequences even with that much safe pushback. Just saying.

In this game, only real way to punish D2 is make it whiff in front of you or step back to punish the whiffed D2. Flawless Block, get out of here...

Examples of ridiculous D2’s are Shao Kahn, Joker, mini low profile Terminator D2, Sindel (slower start up), Jade, Liu Kang etc

Comparing to MK9 D2’s there where only two bullshit ones I can remember.... Quan Chi D2 and Sonya D2, hurtbox in front of them, on top of them and behind them in addition to being 7f PLUS if opponent lands behind them Quran Chi can do D1~Trance and Sonya did D4~Cartwheel conversion combos into Military Stance or Rune Trap set ups.

MKX D2’s I don’t recall glaring problems with characters because D2 were unsafe as Hell. Maybe Sonya D2 complain a little ....The only complaint I remember was Mileena’s AA Ball Roll into 30% damage combos Lol

With that said, the poster isn’t advocating for a NERF petition but more so balance the D2’s in MK11 to bring fairness. Baiting whiff D2 I’m good with. However, the tremendous pushback on blocked D2 and not even reversal specials can directly punish it, that’s the real issue. Safe D2’s on block without punishment consequences is too ridiculous. Why not do it again and again D2’s on block for safety space?

A blocked D2 should be punishable on a universal standard reversal special... Sub Zero’s Slide, Jade’s Glow Kick, Sheeva’s Command Grab, Cassie’s/Nightwolf’s Shoulder Charge, Liu Kang’s Flying Kick, Sonya’s Leg Takedown, Baraka’s Blade Charge etc.

This a very good topic props to the creator who addressed it. I don’t remember seeing one made to address the MK11 glaring issues surrounding D2 complex.

Matix218

Get over here!
IMO all making d2s universally punishable would ultimately do is buff the top tier characters with oppressive rushdown like Jacqui. That seems like a bad idea to me. At least d2 is a tool all characters can use in some situations to get characters like Jacqui the heck off. Especially online with latency added to the mix...

MK9

Noob
Why can’t u just accept the fact you have to respect their uppercuts more than other characters.

worry more about the bs fatal blow pushback and bullshit armor than the fact I can check you with a d2

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Why can’t u just accept the fact you have to respect their uppercuts more than other characters.

worry more about the bs fatal blow pushback and bullshit armor than the fact I can check you with a d2
How is it BS when it’s unsafe? Every single fatal blow is unsafe. The armor doesn’t even start up until the 8th frame so they can be stuffed pretty easily.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper

"Worry about the things that irritate me, don't voice the things that irritate you."

Jbog

Noob
My only bitch with d2 is the backside hitboxes!! D2 need to be direction specific!! Cross up and getting caught by someone's garbage d2 mashing is totally annoying!

Jbog

Noob
That's more of a side effect of more than half of the cast being something like +8 or +9 on a successful poke with a 7 to 8 frame jail, so you just gotta do shit instead of hit-confirming it.
If everybody was +14-+15 on their pokes like Spawn, Robocop, Joker etc. you would have no trouble confirming your pressure off pokes.

Only characters who should have shitty pokes are 9f mid characters imo.
1000 percent agree!! Pokes all plus 14 on hit!!

MK9

Noob
How is it BS when it’s unsafe? Every single fatal blow is unsafe. The armor doesn’t even start up until the 8th frame so they can be stuffed pretty easily.
Really they are unsafe, you must have skills that nobody else does To be able to counter every blocked fatal blow.

you should not be able to activate a FB in between a gap , and absorb the next hit. I do it all the time, it’s crap.

they should not have armor and u miss it you lose it.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Really they are unsafe, you must have skills that nobody else does To be able to counter every blocked fatal blow.

you should not be able to activate a FB in between a gap , and absorb the next hit. I do it all the time, it’s crap.

I mean it doesn’t take skill to go into the lab, look at frame data and see how to punish. If you can’t punish a FB on block then that’s a YOU problem. Not the game

Matix218

Get over here!

Fatal blows are very punishable now. Vanilla some were too safe. Now i blow them up when i block one.

WA-Finest

>>WILL SLIDE IN NEUTRAL<<
What am I ignoring?
You’ve mentioned how they aren’t safe...twice, and both times I’ve corrected you.
You mentioned how it’s not rewarding and I’ve corrected you...twice
You mentioned how they are one and done and I told you that it doesn’t matter.

Anything else you said was pretty irrelevant but I’m not ignoring anything. You made your opinions and I countered them with facts.
I asked "should S1s be unsafe because you can get full combo damage on them with almost every character?" If D2s need to be unsafe why is okay for only some characters to have a 7-8 frame move that can actually combo every time rather than just a single time when kountering a high? Why can some characters actually be POSITIVE and have staggers on this move if having a single move that's not hitconfirmable or cancelable be safe on block is busted?
This dude really did it again

Pygmy_Potato

BF4+FF+BLK
Y'all attacking each other so harshly makes this thread a mess. But I think we can all appreciate that losing a laggy kombat league match bc you missed a jail into your high starter by a frame and get blown up by d2kb into fatal blow for 50% is one of the worst feels this game can give.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I could see D2's eventually getting the same overcompensation treatment armored launchers did in MKX: all toned way down, but with no regard for the characters to whom they're crucially important, Jade and Noob Saibot especially. That universal nerf back then was 100% necessary, but it straight up ruined Balanced Kenshi and Lackey Torr, and screwed Jax over completely. I would love to see this ultra-casual crap be put in check, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it go terribly wrong.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
There are literally characters in this game with no unsafe strings. There is a character with no unsafe strings or flawless block gaps, there are characters in this game that get punished for restanding their opponents, there are characters who have mids that are being low profiled and yet we need to fix d2. I'd take any a change to any of those things than a change to d2. Especially since buttons should do as they are supposed to do whether the opponent has a small hit box or not
Still love getting my D1 as SZ low profiled.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Yes. I've been saying that since day 1. Mashers just do it with minimal risk and they are often rewarded with a crushing blow.
If somebody is literally mashing d2, just take a half step back and then full combo them for it on whiff.

Mashers are honestly the easiest types of opponents to beat, because they don't consider frame data. You just let them hang themselves.