What's new

Cyrax Official Character Trailer!

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
Thats just like uh, your opinion, majority of people will disagree with you, especially when it comes to music,its one of the biggest complaints.

Wow, you are really going to be this pathetic and make stuff up...

I never said edenia = white lol, rain was white for like 30 years and has been race swapped to and indian.And i said i was against dumbass race swaps like that for the sake of some imaginary DEI quota.

If you got edenia = all must be white from that, then you got bigger issues other then poor taste in music...
A majority of people believing a thing does not make it true.

A majority of conservatives think climate change isn't real - and yet it exists.

Consensus does not mean truth.

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
That's just like uh, your opinion, man - one that I just completely disagree with overall. There's a lot to complain about with MK1 like lacking basic features etc. but music, stage, sound design, and character design are all good - though we all know about your crazy takes lake like Edenian = being white lmao.

Saying MK1 scorp has a "pussified voice" is just unhinged.
They are indeed unhinged.

I'm really not sure what a "pussified voice" even means. It's just a guy. Talking. You'd have to be pretty insecure to be masculinity policing fictional characters, right?

Why is it the people that constantly cry about not caring about the culture wars are the same ones that constantly bring that shit up?

PrinceGoro

Dojo Trainee
A majority of people believing a thing does not make it true.

A majority of conservatives think climate change isn't real - and yet it exists.

Consensus does not mean truth.
The amount of people in complete denial of climate change do not represent the majority opinion.

The fact of the matter is there is lot of missinformation in regards to climate change as well as the proposed transitions that are pretty unrealistic,that is what majority of conservatives object too.

China polutes more then the entire rest of the countries on earth combined...
Setting crazy demands and unrealistic tranistion programs to renewable engergy only(while also ignoring their polution, Ie. making and taking care of litium batteries for example, that are also very problematic in terms of quantity of resource) for other coutnires that already have decently optimized emissions is literally insignificant as to the percentage of how much it will help,because china fucking ploutes more then entire earth combined.Also the proposed solutions are very missrepresented and not ideal for function as we do now.

Consensus doesnt always mean truth yes,but in this case we have very tactile evidence and a compariosn of how mk music used to be and how it is now,and well generic movie music aint it brother.

Last edited:

PrinceGoro

Dojo Trainee
They are indeed unhinged.

I'm really not sure what a "pussified voice" even means. It's just a guy. Talking. You'd have to be pretty insecure to be masculinity policing fictional characters, right?

Why is it the people that constantly cry about not caring about the culture wars are the same ones that constantly bring that shit up?
Pussified voice is just my way of describing,it doesnt matter that much.

Go in mksm and execut3 his moves and specials and listen to the scorpion voice,then go to mk1 execute his moves and specials and listen to his voice.

Tell me which sounds more cool?
Which sounds more fitting of a fire demon specter,geniuenly asking.

Subby Z

Mortal
Tanya was always black since Mortal Kombat 4.
That’s fine, but it’s hard to argue that what they did with her in this game is not Tanya.

I’ve also said this. If they wanted to make a Dora Milaje type character then cool. MK HAS always taken from movies and media and that’s fine. In fact it would have given us a NEW MK female which we can always use. Trying to force Tanya into being that character though? No that didn’t work and fans are rightfully not happy about it.

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
The amount of people in complete denial of climate change do not represent the majority opinion.

The fact of the matter is there is lot of missinformation in regards to climate change as well as the proposed transitions that are pretty unrealistic,that is what majority of conservatives object too.

China polutes more then the entire rest of the countries on earth combined...
Setting crazy demands and unrealistic tranistion programs to renewable engergy only(while also ignoring their polution, Ie. making and taking care of litium batteries for example, that are also very problematic in terms of quantity of resource) for other coutnires that already have decently optimized emissions is literally insignificant as to the percentage of how much it will help,because china fucking ploutes more then entire earth combined.Also the proposed solutions are very missrepresented and not ideal for function as we do now.

Consensus doesnt always mean truth yes,but in this case we have very tactile evidence and a compariosn of how mk music used to be and how it is now,and well generic movie music aint it brother.

You must have missed out on all the compliments the music was getting since the Beta. Bear in mind, old MK music was compressed Midi files from like the early 90's.

MK1 has plenty of songs that slap. The Cage Mansion theme, Hanging Gardens theme, Flesh Pits theme, I could go on.

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
Tanya’s design was ripped straight from the dora milaje. It’s not even subtle.

Did the poster word it wrong? Yes. Do you know what said poster was referring to? I would venture also yes.
Not really, no. You'd only say that it was if you just see black people that don't dress like Americans and think, "Wakanda."

So yeah, pretty racist.

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
Pussified voice is just my way of describing,it doesnt matter that much.

Go in mksm and execut3 his moves and specials and listen to the scorpion voice,then go to mk1 execute his moves and specials and listen to his voice.

Tell me which sounds more cool?
Which sounds more fitting of a fire demon specter,geniuenly asking.
He's not a fire demon specter in this game. So you're working from a faulty conclusion.

Subby Z

Mortal
Not really, no. You'd only say that it was if you just see black people that don't dress like Americans and think, "Wakanda."

So yeah, pretty racist.
No definitely not. You’re definitely blowing it our of proportion.

If you shaved Tanya’s head in this game then Bam she’s straight up a yellow dora milaje. No racism there. It’s calling a spade a spade.

PrinceGoro

Dojo Trainee
You must have missed out on all the compliments the music was getting since the Beta. Bear in mind, old MK music was compressed Midi files from like the early 90's.

MK1 has plenty of songs that slap. The Cage Mansion theme, Hanging Gardens theme, Flesh Pits theme, I could go on.
The ones i heard in the betas were always backhanded compliments,like ohh yeah much better then in mk11 and such.

Amd while yes the music is bettrr then mkx and mk11, they dont exactly set a high bar now do they.

I can send you a video of how scorpion sounds with an mksm voice mode,additionlly its on the living forrest stage with the mk2 theme mod,so you can hear the difference.

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
The ones i heard in the betas were always backhanded compliments,like ohh yeah much better then in mk11 and such.

Amd while yes the music is bettrr then mkx and mk11, they dont exactly set a high bar now do they.

I can send you a video of how scorpion sounds with an mksm voice mode,additionlly its on the living forrest stage with the mk2 theme mod,so you can hear the difference.
Again, you want him to sound like a version of the character that he isn't in this game.

It doesn't make him, "pussified." It's just different.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
He had "professional attire" as costumes in past games as well,you might want to check them out, as they blow this one out of the water.mk1 one Is probably the worst rendition of his suit/tux costumes.

You bring up a seperate issues though,johnny cage as you say it looking out of place if he had his traditional main costume type.

Normally there should never be a case in a mortal kombat game that johnny having his standard outfit type with the chest tattoo,gold cage belt,blue track pants etc looks out of place.And thats because they changed the univers and the tone of the game so much,its like a marvel super hero movie,with this strange draw to realism and realms essentially being places on earth instead on interdeminsional places of their own.

Johhnys DA/armageddon default is peak johnny,a skin like that with modern graphics would easily be his greatest look ever.The only thing i would change on it is instead of the lion head belt,id have it be the cage belt.

Its just got all the elements right,the glasses the hair,him being jacked out of this world,the hand wraps etc. Fitting to what johnny cage is,or well used to be as they made him into a bit of class clown too much.

And look at the alt they gave him in mk1,the uol skin,lol its pathetic in both asthetics and desing elements,it looks so terrible and bland with also convaying zero personality that a charcater like johnny should represent.
One of the most iconic portrayals of Johnny Cage ever was in the 1995 live action movie. Decades later people still say he nailed it. This is how he was dressed and portrayed for a large portion of the movie:

This is how he is dressed and portrayed for a decent chunk of MK1:

It's as close dressing and personality as we could ever ask for. But somehow, instead of seeing how eerily, subtly, near perfectly similar this Johnny Cage is designed to be traditional authentic Johnny Cage, you are saying THIS abomination is the best:

I mean, if you weren't as serious about this as you seem I'd think you were outright trolling as it seems almost impossible to believe such a thing. This feels like a definitive "I just dislike the new things" moment because if this truly isn't trolling it might be the first time in history an opinion is just factually wrong lolol.

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
No definitely not. You’re definitely blowing it our of proportion.

If you shaved Tanya’s head in this game then Bam she’s straight up a yellow dora milaje. No racism there. It’s calling a spade a spade.
You're calling Tanya a spade? Wow, that's real fucked up, dude. That IS racist.

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
One of the most iconic portrayals of Johnny Cage ever was in the 1995 live action movie. Decades later people still say he nailed it. This is how he was dressed and portrayed for a large portion of the movie:

View attachment 21902
View attachment 21903

View attachment 21904
View attachment 21906

It's as close dressing and personality as we could ever ask for. But somehow, instead of seeing how eerily, subtly, near perfectly similar this Johnny Cage is designed to be traditional authentic Johnny Cage, you are saying THIS abomination is the best:

View attachment 21905

I mean, if you weren't as serious about this as you seem I'd think you were outright trolling as it seems almost impossible to believe such a thing. This feels like a definitive "I just dislike the new things" moment because of this truly isn't trolling it might be the first time in history an opinion is just factually wrong lolol.
Why does he have a door knocker on his waist?

Hideous.

PrinceGoro

Dojo Trainee

View attachment 21902
View attachment 21903

View attachment 21904
View attachment 21906

View attachment 21905

I mean, if you weren't as serious about this as you seem I'd think you were outright trolling as it seems almost impossible to believe such a thing. This feels like a definitive "I just dislike the new things" moment because if this truly isn't trolling it might be the first time in history an opinion is just factually wrong lolol.
Since when is movie johnny traditional johnny?

Have you seen how he looks in mk1,mk2,mk3,mkt,mk4,mk da, mk armageddon, mk 9 mksm

Thats traditional johnny,the suit/tux alts were side cotumes,and again you might want to look at those in mk4 ,armageddon,mk 9 etc and compare to rather bland mk1 version.

And as for his mk da /armageddon costume well,that render doesnt do it justice,its a strange pose,look at it ingame in motion,its peak johnny.
Also graphics play huge role here,in terms of how its presented.

I honestly don't see where people say that MK lost it's dark tone in the NRS era.

Fatalities aside, MKX had things like battle damage, the old school bridge stage re-created but way more interactive and detailed. You had stuff like the Netherrealm stage which had skulls and lava and shit, or Quan Chi's lab where a skinless creature was growing out of a pool of blood in the center.

In MK11, you had a ship stage in an actual sea of blood, Goro's stage from MK1 recreated and more detailed than ever, I could go on but you get the idea.

To me, the series is as dark and violent as it's ever been, and on the fatality side of things it's never been gorier than in the modern era. I've seen people on social media and on YouTube say that the fatalities have become too violent and graphic for them.

Is it because the sun is out in some stages? Is that what it is?
You can slap the TV-MA rating on the tv show Echo with some bloody fight scenes, but it still doesn't capture the dark and gritty tone Daredevil had in Netflix.

Like ImposterOak mentioned, music is too triumph. It's missing that eeriness and unsettled tension that they had the in the arcade games. The downgrade in most of the characters doesn't help much either. They're going too much in the same direction as Marvel.

In the classic games, you didn't really need to see Cyrax's face or know much about his biography. He had a scary mysterious Predator like vibe about him that made him stand out from the others.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Since when is movie johnny traditional johnny?

Have you seen how he looks in mk1,mk2,mk3,mkt,mk4,mk da, mk armageddon, mk 9 mksm

Thats traditional johnny,the suit/tux alts were side cotumes,and again you might want to look at those in mk4 ,armageddon,mk 9 etc and compare to rather bland mk1 version.

And as for his mk da /armageddon costume well,that render doesnt do it justice,its a strange pose,look at it ingame in motion,its peak johnny.
Also graphics play huge role here,in terms of how its presented.
You keep referencing "other looks" but I have played them all and seen all MK media. In MK9 Johnny had an alt literal suit that he also wore in the story and fought with in the story, this happened. In Armageddon he had one. In MK1 he is dressed up as well. In the OG movie he is dressed up as well most of it. In MK2 movie guess what, he'll be dressed up as well. EVEN IN MK 4 he had one. His fashion look is equally relevant and more iconic than his fighting tournament look. I mean JUST last year alone this is the cover of Cage Match:

Historically it has been a significant part of his character, hence the decades-long outfits across all media, because he's a, wait for it, rich cocky movie star. Pretending he's always walking around like Bloodsport in all the games and movies and TV shows that have released over the decades is disingenuous at best.

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
You can slap the TV-MA rating on the tv show Echo with some bloody fight scenes, but it still doesn't capture the dark and gritty tone Daredevil had in Netflix.

Like ImposterOak mentioned, music is too triumph. It's missing that eeriness and unsettled tension that they had the Arcade games. The downgrade in most of the characters doesn't help much either. They're going too much in the same direction as Marvel.

In the classic games, you didn't really need to see Cyrax's face or know much about his biography. He had a scary mysterious Predator like vibe about him that made him stand out from the others.

So this is all just a vibes argument that I don't give a shit about. There's plenty of dark music in the game, like in the Flesh Pits or the Cursed Forest, you're just blinded by nostalgia.

In the classic games, Cyrax "stood out from the others," except Sektor and Smoke. So...clearly he didn't stand out that much. Additionally, I don't recall The Predator wearing 90's BMX pads. He had a whole back story and ending in MK3, as well as more lore in MK4. MK4 - a classic MK game - shows Cyrax's face.

Another fake fan that doesn't know the franchise detected.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Thats just like uh, your opinion, majority of people will disagree with you, especially when it comes to music,its one of the biggest complaints.

Wow, you are really going to be this pathetic and make stuff up...

I never said edenia = white lol, rain was white for like 30 years and has been race swapped to and indian.And i said i was against dumbass race swaps like that for the sake of some imaginary DEI quota.

If you got edenia = all must be white from that, then you got bigger issues other then poor taste in music...
“It’s one of the biggest complaints” - how do you know, cause you say so? Because from what I’ve seen, that isn’t the case.

I’d love to jump back into that whole Rain debate because your mental gymnastics are pretty fun, but that took up way too much of my time so just gonna move on lol.

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
You keep referencing "other looks" but I have played them all and seen all MK media. In MK9 Johnny had an alt literal suit that he also wore in the story and fought with in the story, this happened. In Armageddon he had one. In MK1 he is dressed up as well. In the OG movie he is dressed up as well most of it. In MK2 movie guess what, he'll be dressed up as well. EVEN IN MK 4 he had one. His fashion look is equally relevant and more iconic than his fighting tournament look. I mean JUST last year alone this is the cover of Cage Match:

View attachment 21907

Historically it has been a significant part of his character, hence the decades-long outfits across all media, because he's a, wait for it, rich cocky movie star. Pretending he's always walking around like Bloodsport in all the games and movies and TV shows that have released over the decades is disingenuous at best.
These guys are fake fans. It's all vibes and how they FEEL. They don't care about reality.