What's new

Cyrax Official Character Trailer!

PrinceGoro

Dojo Trainee
You keep referencing "other looks" but I have played them all and seen all MK media. In MK9 Johnny had an alt literal suit that he also wore in the story and fought with in the story, this happened. In Armageddon he had one. In MK1 he is dressed up as well. In the OG movie he is dressed up as well most of it. In MK2 movie guess what, he'll be dressed up as well. EVEN IN MK 4 he had one. His fashion look is equally relevant and more iconic than his fighting tournament look. I mean JUST last year alone this is the cover of Cage Match:

View attachment 21907

Historically it has been a significant part of his character, hence the decades-long outfits across all media, because he's a, wait for it, rich cocky movie star. Pretending he's always walking around like Bloodsport in all the games and movies and TV shows that have released over the decades is disingenuous at best.
Are you dumb??

I literally wrote in the post you just quoted in which games he wore a suit/tux alt,and your clap back is informing me how he wears a tux in mk4 and the others as if i didnt just tell you that lmao

I know my guy thats whay i told you,to look at those versions and compare to mk1 you absolute moron.

Like lol he has a suit/tux alt in 4 games out of 14.in all of which his main outift is the "bloodsport" outfit(except mkx and mk11 where its army) and your conclusion is that it means its his standard iconic look trumping the main one...

You sir accused me of trolling,maybe you should stop projecting or you have a capacity issue.

Because nobody said he cant have a suit alt,it was said its poor done and that his personality has been changed,and that hi is too much turned into a clown and a laughing stock that regurgitates pop culture references.

To which you responded well he would look out of place in bloodsport outfit lmao

How much do you have to fuck up that a chracter looks out of place in his main and definetive costuem.Imagine ryu looking out of place whesring his GI,how fucked up would the street fighter univers and identity have to be for that to be true.

And thats facts brother.

So this is all just a vibes argument that I don't give a shit about. There's plenty of dark music in the game, like in the Flesh Pits or the Cursed Forest, you're just blinded by nostalgia.

In the classic games, Cyrax "stood out from the others," except Sektor and Smoke. So...clearly he didn't stand out that much. Additionally, I don't recall The Predator wearing 90's BMX pads. He had a whole back story and ending in MK3, as well as more lore in MK4. MK4 - a classic MK game - shows Cyrax's face.

Another fake fan that doesn't know the franchise detected.
First off, nobody cares that much about MK4. And if you think that's peak Cyrax, you're delusional.

I never said Cyrax didn't have a backstory, I just said you didn't need to know it that much. His look and abilities alone was enough that made him a great. (That goes from the other Cyborgs too.) So what if he had BMX pads? It was the 90s, people just accepted it. An eerie looking cyborg that can still hunt, trap, and kill you with gadgets is scary nonetheless. That's what grabbed people's attention.

I just gave you a great example of with the Echo and Daredevil comparison. Two shows that are not much far apart in the years released and I can tell the distinct differences between their tones. So it's clearly it's not an nostalgia issue I have with the MK games.

I'm pretty sure I've been playing MK before you were in your dad's balls with the way you sound, but...go off I guess.

Last edited:

PrinceGoro

Dojo Trainee
And yet you specifically chose to use the word “pussified,” which is very telling.
Idk man a character thats a fire demon ninja yelling kamafuku as he twilrs his kunai in the most cringy whimpy voice is bad to me.

If thats cool to you then thast very telling too.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Are you dumb??

I literally wrote in the post you just quoted in which games he wore a suit/tux alt,and your clap back is informing me how he wears a tux in mk4 and the others as if i didnt just tell you that lmao

I know my guy thats whay i told you,to look at those versions and compare to mk1 you absolute moron.

Like lol he has a suit/tux alt in 4 games out of 14.in all of which his main outift is the "bloodsport" outfit(except mkx and mk11 where its army) and your conclusion is that it means its his standard iconic look trumping the main one...

You sir accused me of trolling,maybe you should stop projecting or you have a capacity issue.

Because nobody said he cant have a suit alt,it was said its poor done and that his personality has been changed,and that hi is too much turned into a clown and a laughing stock that regurgitates pop culture references.

To which you responded well he would look out of place in bloodsport outfit lmao

How much do you have to fuck up that a chracter looks out of place in his main and definetive costuem.Imagine ryu looking out of place whesring his GI,how fucked up would the street fighter univers and identity have to be for that to be true.

And thats facts brother.
It was difficult to read this behind all the unprovoked personal insults. Concession accepted.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Idk man a character thats a fire demon ninja yelling kamafuku as he twilrs his kunai in the most cringy whimpy voice is bad to me.

For the folks following along at home, here's cringy whimpy MK1 Scorpion:

President Goro is back everyone, building walls to keep the Osh Tekk out, dominating the snow flakes with truth bombs, saying the quiet part out loud, and calling a relatively masculine / intense voice cringy and whimpy.

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
First off, nobody cares that much about MK4. And if you think that's peak Cyrax, you're delusional.

I never said Cyrax didn't have a backstory, I just said you didn't need to know it that much. His look and abilities alone was enough that made him a great. (That goes from the other Cyborgs too.) So what if he had BMX pads? It was the 90s, people just accepted it. An eerie looking cyborg that can still hunt, trap, and kill you with gadgets is scary nonetheless. That's what grabbed people's attention.

I just gave you a great example of with the Echo and Daredevil comparison. Two shows that are not much far apart in the years released and I can tell the distinct differences between their tones. So it's clearly it's not an nostalgia issue I have with the MK games.

I'm pretty sure I've been playing MK before you were in your dad's balls with the way you sound, but...go off I guess.
Son, I fucked with MK1 when it was an arcade cabinet. Fuck are you talking about?

Where did I say MK4 was peak Cyrax? I swear you nostalgic motherfuckers just make shit up.

It's all just vibes to you. The BMX pads looked cool for the time because you were an actual child back then. Obviously, as an adult, it's going to hit different.

I, for one, think the MK3/UMK3 designs have aged poorly. I stand by it.

My brother in Christ, the last season of Netflix Daredevil released almost ten years ago. Echo released this year. Obviously the tone is different.

You DO realize all of this easily found with a cursory Google search, right?

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee

MK has had characters yelling gibberish since the first game. That you don't know that is very telling.

He's not a fire demon in this game. You'd know that if you actually played it, but you don't. You reek of shame, cheetos, and the unmistakable scent of Filthy Casual.

Go off king, and tell us more about how you FEEL

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
Are you dumb??

And thats facts brother.
Nowhere in any of this poorly spelled, unhinged rant did you even come close to making a point. Its all just butthurt from you because Johnny Cage isn't Daniel Pesina anymore.

Cage's look and personality are better than they've ever been. Everything from his Star Power mechanic to having a PA assist him after he performs a Brutality; this is peak Johnny Cage.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Tanya’s design was ripped straight from the dora milaje. It’s not even subtle.

Did the poster word it wrong? Yes. Do you know what said poster was referring to? I would venture also yes.
I missed this earlier - being super generous, they looking nothing alike.

If you really squint, they look kind of similar - you know why? They are both black women wearing functional / non-flowing clothing. So yeah, drawing that comparison is kinda racist, and I say that as someone who thinks that label has been overused to the moon and back.

@TarkatanPeriodontik no one’s nationality precludes them from prejudice, unfortunately.

Subby Z

Mortal
I missed this earlier - being super generous, they looking nothing alike.

If you really squint, they look kind of similar - you know why? They are both black women wearing functional / non-flowing clothing. So yeah, drawing that comparison is kinda racist, and I say that as someone who thinks that label has been overused to the moon and back.

@TarkatanPeriodontik no one’s nationality precludes them from prejudice, unfortunately.
Oh so you’re playing dense. Cool.

So let’s do this. You mean to tell me that the Tanya in MK1 looks closer in appearance to past versions of Tanya than it does a dora milaje from black panther? Come on now. Let’s be real. There is a reason people immediately said she looked like a black pantyer reject. The whole fucking outworld womens guard thing in this stupid fucking game is also a ripoff of the dora milaje, and Tanya is the leader of it no?

YagamiFire

Dojo Trainee
Stop projecting
The projection is so real. Same person claiming "the 90's sucked" when that was the era that established fighting games themselves while calling other people 'fake fans'. LMAO.

So let’s do this. You mean to tell me that the Tanya in MK1 looks closer in appearance to past versions of Tanya than it does a dora milaje from black panther? Come on now. Let’s be real. There is a reason people immediately said she looked like a black pantyer reject. The whole fucking outworld womens guard thing in this stupid fucking game is also a ripoff of the dora milaje, and Tanya is the leader of it no?
Oh see you're clear and obvious point is dismissed because the person responding is hyper-disingenuous. So checkmate against you! You came in with a reasonable, nuanced statement that gave someone the benefit of the doubt...but you didn't realize you could just be called racist by a super dishonest person.

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
The projection is so real. Same person claiming "the 90's sucked" when that was the era that established fighting games themselves while calling other people 'fake fans'. LMAO.

Oh see you're clear and obvious point is dismissed because the person responding is hyper-disingenuous. So checkmate against you! You came in with a reasonable, nuanced statement that gave someone the benefit of the doubt...but you didn't realize you could just be called racist by a super dishonest person.
The 90's absolutely sucked. Just because a good thing happened, doesn't automatically make the entire era good.

Also this man doesn't play this game or any other MK game and probably hasn't since the 90's so we can ignore basically everything he says, as he's long ago proven that he's a dumbfuck.

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee

It really isn't. Do you think Black Panther is the only piece of fiction to introduce elite warrior women?

Please, no one tell this guy what the Sisters of Battle are. He'll call it woke pandering.

Also, Tanya's design looks nothing like them. You ONLY make that comparison because of race. Go outside, nerd.

P.S. You don't play this game, do you?

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
Here's a 90's reference I'm sure y'all can appreciate:

YagamiFire, PrinceGoro, Subby Z, etc are basically the right-wing, dumbfuck, shit posting Wolfpac of TYM.

Subby Z

Mortal
Here's a 90's reference I'm sure y'all can appreciate:

YagamiFire, PrinceGoro, Subby Z, etc are basically the right-wing, dumbfuck, shit posting Wolfpac of TYM.
Lol yes sooo rightwing. I won’t get into politics heavily but I most certainly am not rightwing.

I just hate extremists from both sides. If it isn’t a far right extremist calling someone a slur its a far leftist calling someone a bigot or ist of some kind.

Good god there are normal people out there who can see the bullshit of both sides and you’re so far up the lefts ass you’ve lost your sense of smell and taste apparently because this game is ass.

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
Lol yes sooo rightwing. I won’t get into politics heavily but I most certainly am not rightwing.

I just hate extremists from both sides. If it isn’t a far right extremist calling someone a slur its a far leftist calling someone a bigot or ist of some kind.

Good god there are normal people out there who can see the bullshit of both sides and you’re so far up the lefts ass you’ve lost your sense of smell and taste apparently because this game is ass.
You're right 123Kid, it's totally extremist to call out actual racism when people do it. We should keep our mouths shut and pretend none of it exists so no one ever has to have a challenging conversation.

Refresh my memory, Sixpac, how many copies did MK1 sell again?

Not to mention gameplay wise it's probably the best MK in awhile.

Subby Z

Mortal
You're right 123Kid, it's totally extremist to call out actual racism when people do it. We should keep our mouths shut and pretend none of it exists so no one ever has to have a challenging conversation.

Refresh my memory, Sixpac, how many copies did MK1 sell again?

Not to mention gameplay wise it's probably the best MK in awhile.
Ohh definitely selling slower than the others, but tout those numbers! I have actually seen some of the shills for this game defend the fucking microtransactions because it makes WB more money. You should probably jump on those talking points as well to defend this ass of a game.lol. Nothing you say will change the fact this is the WORST MK game ever released. Worse than MK4, on par with MK vs DC. Look at all of this divisiveness as your evidence champ. A solid game doesn’t do that to its fans.

Also nobody here has been racist. You just can’t admit that the little outworld womans warrior shit is a ripoff of the dora milaje and that Tanya’s design was also ripped from that. Are they a one for one? No and that’s not what I’m saying, but if you shave the girls head and paint her outfit red guess what? Everyone would think she’s a dora milaje. Again you are being dense here.

Also whatever you’re referencing I have zero fucking clue so your little inside joke that you think you’re getting so many haha’s off of is falling flat. Like this game.

Last edited:

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
Ohh definitely selling slower than the others, but tout those numbers! I have actually seen some of the shills for this game defend the fucking microtransactions because it makes WB more money. You should probably jump on those talking points as well to defend this ass of a game.lol. Nothing you say will change the fact this is the WORST MK game ever released. Worse than MK4, on par with MK vs DC. Look at all of this divisiveness as your evidence champ. A solid game doesn’t do that to its fans.

Also nobody here has been racist. You just can’t admit that the little outworld womans warrior shit is a ripoff of the dora milaje and that Tanya’s design was also ripped from that. Are they a one for one? No and that’s not what I’m saying, but if you shave the girls head and paint her outfit red guess what? Everyone would think she’s a dora milaje. Again you are being dense here.

Also whatever you’re referencing I have zero fucking clue so your little inside joke that you think you’re getting so many haha’s off of is falling flat. Like this game.
"If you change the girl's design to look more like this other design then people would call them this other design."

Real high IQ argument there, Sean.

I have never and will never defend the microtransactions. They're ass. That's easy.

Gameplay wise? Best MK game easily. And as far as "divisiveness" goes, the MK Community has hated every MK game loudly. You should have been here during MK9. People called the game dead after it's first EVO, said the game was dead because of zoning after Devastation, said the game was dying even as MLG was picking it up. "6-4 Kabal" memes were everywhere.

No one hates MK more than MK fans, son.

And look, Sean Waltman, just because you're not laughing at the joke I'm making at your expense, doesn't mean I don't think it's funny.

I do these for me, not you.

Subby Z

Mortal
"If you change the girl's design to look more like this other design then people would call them this other design."

Real high IQ argument there, Sean.

I have never and will never defend the microtransactions. They're ass. That's easy.

Gameplay wise? Best MK game easily. And as far as "divisiveness" goes, the MK Community has hated every MK game loudly. You should have been here during MK9. People called the game dead after it's first EVO, said the game was dead because of zoning after Devastation, said the game was dying even as MLG was picking it up. "6-4 Kabal" memes were everywhere.

No one hates MK more than MK fans, son.

And look, Sean Waltman, just because you're not laughing at the joke I'm making at your expense, doesn't mean I don't think it's funny.

I do these for me, not you.
I’ve been around since the 3D days. Maybe hadn’t joined yet, but I’ve been around. Whther here, TRMK, or MKonline. All the different MK communities and you’re wrong. This is the most divisive since MKvsDC. MK9 united most fans. This game? Abso-fucking-lutely not. Straight to fucking jail.

It sold 3 million at release and then took it damn near a year to reach that 4 million. Word has caught fire that this game is a stinker and nothing is going to stop that.

It’s going to take years for MK to come back after this shit game.

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
I’ve been around since the 3D days. Maybe hadn’t joined yet, but I’ve been around. Whther here, TRMK, or MKonline. All the different MK communities and you’re wrong. This is the most divisive since MKvsDC. MK9 united most fans. This game? Abso-fucking-lutely not. Straight to fucking jail.

It sold 3 million at release and then took it damn near a million to reach that 4 million. Word has caught fire that this game is a stinker and nothing is going to stop that.

It’s going to take years for MK to come back after this shit game.

Homie, this game out-sold Tekken 8 and Street Fighter 6. If that's a failure, what do you call the other two?

And when Khaos Reigns and the guest characters sell like hot cakes(and trust, they will because even Robocop and Rambo outsold every MK DLC character in MK11), what will your excuse be then?

WB might be shitting itself, but as a franchise MK is alive and well. Even the mediocre movie with Cole Yung is getting a sequel. MK is evergreen.

Subby Z

Mortal
Homie, this game out-sold Tekken 8 and Street Fighter 6. If that's a failure, what do you call the other two?

And when Khaos Reigns and the guest characters sell like hot cakes(and trust, they will because even Robocop and Rambo outsold every MK DLC character in MK11), what will your excuse be then?

WB might be shitting itself, but as a franchise MK is alive and well. Even the mediocre movie with Cole Yung is getting a sequel. MK is evergreen.
Pfft keep telling yourself that. Move that fucking goalpost again.

Multiple fans shit on the game? “it sold well”
The microtransactions are out of control? “It sold well”
They shit in your mouth and told you its chocolate? Cool it sold well.

The new guest character lineup is GARBAGE. Actual joke. Also the gender swaps are lol. You would watch this franchise change so much its not even the same fucking concept besides the damn name and then say it’s fucking amazing and that’s the problem. But it sells well!

Maybe you enjoy watching Mk become Mcdonalds or fucking Amazon with it’s generic designs, shit rewrite of all of the characters, and dumbass kameos that don’t fit in MK but I don’t and hopefully fans will recognize and vote with their wallets. Lord knows several franchises are hitting hard times due to ignoring fans. MK is not exempt from that.