What's new

Guide Cyrax Match-Up Chart & Guide ~ By Krayzie

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
For sure.

Gotta be a bit more specific. Not sure what you are referring to.
when u mentioned against JC or Liu Kang about jumping his fire ball and doing a djk and it being like some kind of wall....and if they tried to wake up or whatever it would wiff....lol i don't get it xD

Krayzie

Safeties disabled. Krayzie mode engaged!
when u mentioned against JC or Liu Kang about jumping his fire ball and doing a djk and it being like some kind of wall....and if they tried to wake up or whatever it would wiff....lol i don't get it xD
Oh okay.

With Johnny, if you jump over at them, they usually try and knee you into frame traps, but if you space it out right with a jump kick, it becomes a risk for them due to deep jump kick having a lot of priority and an active hitbox. I might look for a video example later where I've done this in tournament. Either you hit them, and get the follow up after the deep jump kick, or you get advantage on block, and pressure them.

It works against Liu Kang, but you have to be careful. Liu Kang can sweep you at a certain spacing with B3,1,2.

On wake up, you must be referring to Kitana. This is just a spacing related set-up, where if you hit Ex-Ragdoll, you have enough time to jump over hit a jump kick and give the illusion that you still have active standing frames when you actually are ducking. Then Kitana players usually wake up with cutter, or anything for that matter, and you can stand up and fully punish them.

Hope that answers it for you.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Oh okay.

With Johnny, if you jump over at them, they usually try and knee you into frame traps, but if you space it out right with a jump kick, it becomes a risk for them due to deep jump kick having a lot of priority and an active hitbox. I might look for a video example later where I've done this in tournament. Either you hit them, and get the follow up after the deep jump kick, or you get advantage on block, and pressure them.

It works against Liu Kang, but you have to be careful. Liu Kang can sweep you at a certain spacing with B3,1,2.
its not priority but the ridiculous hitbox of the djk foot tip, its so fucking small and low that if the tip will connect there is no possible way to AA other than xray or armour and the parries/spin but the downside is its easily whiff punishable

only time i ever jump is to crossup or jumpkick, when they try to whiff punish a jumpkick from a certain range they get crushed by the mighty toes of deaths

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
Cyrax beats Baraka 7-3. Shit is BAD. He can punish Blade Charge on whiff and block with dash up 12Net into reset. And Baraka HAS to use Blade Charge to even stand a chance in this mu otherwise Cyrax can just zone all day. One mistake and Cyrax eats 12% compared to one mistake from Baraka and he eats 80%+. Baraka also can never check Cyrax with a Spark after a knockdown because the Cyrax can just use the invincibility on wakeup airthrow, dash in and 12Net. AAing with Raka is risky too due to teleport. It's just bad all around.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Oh okay.

On wake up, you must be referring to Kitana. This is just a spacing related set-up, where if you hit Ex-Ragdoll, you have enough time to jump over hit a jump kick and give the illusion that you still have active standing frames when you actually are ducking. Then Kitana players usually wake up with cutter, or anything for that matter, and you can stand up and fully punish them.

Hope that answers it for you.
yes plz post a vid of this...do u mean catching the edge of his hit box with a djk?

NariTuba

disMember
We need a Human Cyrax thread with updated BNB's, meter-less BNB's, etc.
So Ive made some progress on Cyblax bnbs:

Corner meterless 38%, 1bar 81%, 2bars 90%

Midscreen meterless 36%, 1bar around 75%, 2bars 85%

Keep in mind that Im aiming for bnbs so I sacrificed damage for reliability. I got good AA combos too, Ill post all of them in the thread... just wanted to give you an update :)

Krayzie

I made an edit to the guide to make it easier to view by adding spoilers.

Also, I updated the Kabal match-up to a more realistic approach. I will be adding a "Human Cyrax" section to the guide, as well as a match video section for character reference.

Kosu

Noob
Krayzie, first of Am glad to hear that You are looking into Human. This makes me happy, cause I've been all Human since NEC's finals. Currently am exploring and working on transferring the dirty staff that Robot has. Lucky me I have MoonSpell that plays Kabal and I will be able to get some offline Human vs Kabal experience - I already see the upgrade. I will fallow up your progress and I will share my experience as well.

Since we are talkin bout Human, i'll leave fresh 1 bar 86% combo I came up with lately - just didnt had the time to post it yet.

Krayzie

Updated with Scorpion.

I would update this with Skarlet if a certain someone named Mosp came down for the Monday dollar tournament next week. :)

Krayzie

Krayzie, can't scorpion just time his iaTele with Bomb tosses and Net traps?
He can. This is actually one of the few counters he has.

The issue for Scorpion is mostly the risk reward factor. Here is an example of it.

Scorpion: Risk: 10 Reward: 5

Cyrax: Risk: 1 Reward: 10

Ermac has the ability to punish with teleport as well, but what gives him the edge over scorpion against cyrax, is his ability to keep him off, at least while the time runs out. Both characters still lose, but Ermac manages way better. I have Ermac as 5-5, but my personal rating is 6-4.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
I still think rax dominates raka 7 3 and rax dominates alot of the fish chars. Kabal prolly the only one that beats rax. rax is a dangerous character in the right hands.

KH Royale

The truth is out..
Krayzie so you say that if you catch a standing Lao with a 1 2 block string he can't spin out of the pressure of a following 2 1... can this be used on the rest of the cast if they are stand blocking as well?

Krayzie

I like your opinion on both those mus. Both i think can be made to look 5-5 but cyrax loses. Real close tho
Both of those are 5-5 match-ups. Jax is the closest to being arguably 6-4, but not Sonya.

Sonya cant open Cyrax up, but she has the tools to stay relevant in the match. Her hitbox is not small, and he can pressure her. Uppercuts can be baited, any cartwheel can be anti-aired, ex-anti-air can be baited with a single jab, and the fact that he makes her need to make meter to stay safe makes it difficult for her to actually win. Both characters have what they need to keep each other honest.

Jax has a small hitbox, his f4 is 8 frames, his standing jab is 8 frames, at the highest level his spacing can be phenomenal. He has great projectiles, and great recovery on that gp cancel.

The pros of the match are his ability to D4 a ground pound on reaction, but he needs to stay at a distance. Any unsafe move from Jax, and it can mean the end. Jax can pressure Cyrax due to his hitbox, but that's not to say he cant get out if he makes the correct reads, such as neutral ducking certain jabs for a full combo, etc.

Trust me, I play against the best Jax all the time. Hes actually at my place right now. lol

Krayzie so you say that if you catch a standing Lao with a 1 2 block string he can't spin out of the pressure of a following 2 1... can this be used on the rest of the cast if they are stand blocking as well?
Its character specific to Lao. Actually, I know some set-up with other characters that beat out Kung Lao's spin as well. This is all spacing related to whatever pushback a blockstring pushes back with.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Both of those are 5-5 match-ups. Jax is the closest to being arguably 6-4, but not Sonya.

Sonya cant open Cyrax up, but she has the tools to stay relevant in the match. Her hitbox is not small, and he can pressure her. Uppercuts can be baited, any cartwheel can be anti-aired, ex-anti-air can be baited with a single jab, and the fact that he makes her need to make meter to stay safe makes it difficult for her to actually win. Both characters have what they need to keep each other honest.

Jax has a small hitbox, his f4 is 8 frames, his standing jab is 8 frames, at the highest level his spacing can be phenomenal. He has great projectiles, and great recovery on that gp cancel.

The pros of the match are his ability to D4 a ground pound on reaction, but he needs to stay at a distance. Any unsafe move from Jax, and it can mean the end. Jax can pressure Cyrax due to his hitbox, but that's not to say he cant get out if he makes the correct reads, such as neutral ducking certain jabs for a full combo, etc.

Trust me, I play against the best Jax all the time. Hes actually at my place right now. lol

Its character specific to Lao. Actually, I know some set-up with other characters that beat out Kung Lao's spin as well. This is all spacing related to whatever pushback a blockstring pushes back with.
tyrant says its 5-5 too?

Krayzie

tyrant says its 5-5 too?
We both say it can be arguably 6-4, but the way we play its 5-5 and that's at the highest level possible.

We both have learned spacing related punishes against each other. Its a footsie and patience war.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
We both say it can be arguably 6-4, but the way we play its 5-5 and that's at the highest level possible.

We both have learned spacing related punishes against each other. Its a footsie and patience war.
now that i think about it, yeah cyrax doesn't lose it and it is a patient war. but if he doesn't lose to jax or sonya then he can't lose to liu it has to be even.

Krayzie

now that i think about it, yeah cyrax doesn't lose it and it is a patient war. but if he doesn't lose to jax or sonya then he can't lose to liu it has to be even.
I'm determined to find a way around him, but his zoning mixed with an 8 frame anti-air advancing normal, quick advancing low that picks up d4 makes it seem very 6-4 in favor of Liu.

Any ideas? Im open to try anything.