What's new

Cyborg Pressure Concepts

OmegaXF

Booyah!
Stuffing every wake up with trait after 112 knockdown

How to set-up drone to safely continue pressure. Every set-up is designed to give you the best possible trade on misread, so, if you let the wake-up hit you, the trait will cover your ass as much as possible.

Ground trait gives us the best conversions on trade, and we know back Roomba gives us the best blockstrings, so this is the one that will be prioritized if possible

So here is a quick reference guide for the optimal set-up to brute force through all the wake-up options from each character in the cast

Behind Roomba:
Bane (venom options not tested)
Black Canary
Brainiac
Catwoman
Cheetah
Deadshot
Darkseid
Green Arrow
Flash
Harley Quinn
Poison Ivy
Robin
Wonderwoman

Forward Roomba:
Aquaman
Black Adam
Blue Beetle
Captain Cold
Cyborg
Green Lantern
Scarecrow
Swamp Thing

Behind Kamikaze:
Atrocitus
Gorilla Grodd
Superman

Forward Kamikaze:
Batman
Supergirl

On my channel is a playlist for every single one of them with some big conversions.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwWtJBurD7zMPJpi7AI39Vw/playlists?shelf_id=0&view=1&sort=dd

I'll pretty it up later, for now it's a useful resource, might add this and kekoa's compilation vid to the OP shortly.

Luckily there is only 5 characters who we have to use Kamikaze against, and all are positive trades even if we don't get much. The majority of the cast we get a combo conversion against using the Roomba. With Batman we even get to combo off the Kamikaze. I recommend every Cyborg main have a quick watch of that playlist, yes its +30 vids, but they are only like 10 seconds each, and worth just seeing what you can get. It's all in alphabetical order, so if you want to use it as a resource or a reference for match-up specifics, you don't have to skip through one video to find the bit you need.

Problem characters are:
Dr Fate - positive trade is impossible, you cannot trade with his wake up at least not off 112 knockdown)
Scarecrow Traumatize - He's not going to have it everytime obviously, but it does leave him with advantage, you knocked down in front of him, and the trade itself does more damage for him than it does for you. Still, as far as trading with a Traumatize goes, he gets no combo so thats a lot better than the alternative I guess
The Flash - trade does more damage his way and sends you away, however it is still really your advantage as you go fullscreen and its rollable, so he has to work his way all the way in and you have the maximum amount of screen possible to play with, however you do lose the corner.

Notes: 112 knockdown is rollable, but if they tech roll it actually takes longer to get it. This is relevant because the roll input for 112 is right near the end of the knockdown just before the wake up buffer, and its really easy to accidentally roll, and thats assuming they know that niche bit of Cyborg information, which if they don't they will probably be rolling anyway. Some wake-ups coming out on roll open up a larger window to get stuffed quite consistently by a normal. In some match-ups against non-fully invincible wake-ups like against say a Brainiac trying to contest your set-up with a fast wake-up charge, you might be well off following up a Back-Trait set-up with D2~TA, which is practically the same as S2~TA except slightly less block advantage, but comes out a little faster and combos them into the Trait, which S2 does not. I added a clip for Black Adam and Brainiac's wake-ups getting stuffed if they happen to tech roll, but there may be more out there, I'm not fully aware of which wake-ups become stuffable. There is also niche interactions like Darkseid's punch walk wake up, if he rolls the wake up comes out slower so the second hit doesn't connect, the first hit has fuck all blockstun and you get a 535 damage combo on his ass for a bar :) if anyone finds any other things like this let me know and ill add them in.

If I missed any wake-ups let me know. I know I missed Darkseid's knee and Jokers buzzer, I'll put them in tomorrow.

The next step to this resource is breaking down our pressure options off each set-up. I am fairly familiar with what we get off behind Trait set-up, for example, and I'll add that in myself. Wondering what our pressure-paths are off Kamikaze drone and forward Roomba are, I know Kamikaze covers the gap in 112, but if I could get you @Kekoa to respond to this with a little bit of a breakdown of what these two trait set-ups give us pressure wise, that would be sick.

This is all off 112 knockdown I'm also going to look into 113~Trait/TA as I know it opens up a whole bunch of other punishes, and might be the optimal punish for specific characters wake ups, however its not really a pressure set up as theres no real advantage and pretty sure most characters can just punish your set-up and/or just jump out lol. Will check to make sure tho.
Firestorm wakeup stuff?

Here are some oki setups mid screen vs. Darkseid. I still need to test tech roll and delayed wakeup on myself to see how legit these are, but its a starting point.

[regular knockdown midscreen]

[regular knockdown alternate mid screen]

[tech roll palm blast mid screen oki]

[delayed get up ambiguous cross up 1]

[delayed get up ambiguous cross up 1] (messed up the timing here, but you get the idea)

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus
Just something if they contest you without an op wake up.

One question /statement guys if you do 112 into ta and do a meaty b12 and the TA hits (hypothetically speaking) on reaction are you guaranteed a ji1 or ji2 into a cross up I see a lot of batman doing this [trait hits then they do what looks like an njp into a cross up JIK into full combo and I can't really stop it]
after batman's grapple using their trait but our ta has more hit advantage than their silly bat right? Something to look into what are good jailing jump in combos if they respect the ji?

I used shinnok in mkx and his ji2 always had advantages what are your thoughts.

Kekoa

Noob
Just something if they contest you without an op wake up.

One question /statement guys if you do 112 into ta and do a meaty b12 and the TA hits (hypothetically speaking) on reaction are you guaranteed a ji1 or ji2 into a cross up I see a lot of batman doing this [trait hits then they do what looks like an njp into a cross up JIK into full combo and I can't really stop it]
after batman's grapple using their trait but our ta has more hit advantage than their silly bat right? Something to look into what are good jailing jump in combos if they respect the ji?

I used shinnok in mkx and his ji2 always had advantages what are your thoughts.
In the corner you can actually B12~grapple and J2 jails J2, 11 jails and J2, B123 jails. Go to 3:54 in this video for grapple blockstrings and watch until the end. I'm not sure about a regular jump in jailing, I'll check it out and get back to you.
@HiddenSelectCounterPick

Last edited:

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus
In the corner you can actually B12~grapple and J2 jails J2, 11 jails and J2, B123 jails. Go to 3:54 in this video for grapple blockstrings and watch until the end. I'm not sure about a regular jump in jailing, I'll check it out and get back to you.
@HiddenSelectCounterPick

Thanks man I saw this vid before just never really took some notes I wish I had some footage of this new tech these batmans are doing, ill incorporate these when I get back to labbing sometime today

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I figured out something pretty gimmicky with S2. s2 actually puts your opponent into a temporary airborne state during its hit reaction, this means s2 MB BF1 is a launcher, if they stand block, you're +2, only problem is if they crouch block, the 2nd hit of the mb bf1 whiffs.