What's new

Cyborg Pressure Concepts

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
yeah, that first one is exactly what I was talking about. kinda gimmicky but might catch ppl out

That second one looks legit as fuck im gunna lab that too lol

We don't even have to find a way to erase the gap after TA, just gotta find a way to make them respect it so that we can go into this shit. I thought Roomba could be used to do that but it might not be doable against characters like Superman :( however, against the majority of the cast that don't have airborne attacks, they might just have to hold the pressure or jump out (no punish) and if they jump, maybe we can find a normal follow up that auto anti airs any cross up attempt (that was the original plan of the set-up and the goal of D2~Grapple). Can just write Superman off as an exception I think. This trait set-up doesn't even deal with his regular wake up anyway so maybe hes just unpressurable like this lol
Which supes wake up?

Kekoa

Noob
Found some good pressure options against characters like Superman. Wakeup up trades with drone, he can't jump out after drone hits without getting caught by the B123 string, 11 jails after the SD cancel thanks to the TA block stun, and he can't poke after MB Up NB. Unfortunately, the 112 string still has a gap. He can still armor/poke out of the 112 gap. But you don't have to go into 11 because with this setup your throw actually jails! I showed that in the Part 4 video I posted yesterday where Superman couldn't poke, super, or backdash the throw. It's still not fool proof but it's something!

Last edited:

Kekoa

Noob
Here are some block strings Cyborg can perform utilizing TA and Drone. He can jail his 11 after PF and SD cancels, jail throw after SD cancels, and jail his J2 on TA/grapple setup. A lot of these strings also end in plus frames so you can continue pressure.

The very last clip is not a true block string, but it seems like you can only backdash or super, I could not armor out. If you backdash you get caught anyways, so super was the only way out I could find. Could someone else lab that last clip just to confirm? TA, B123~SD dash cancel, B123~PF. His throw is 10 frames and it jails so I thought his B1 would jail too since its 10 frames as well.

EDIT: His B123 does jail in the corner. It is a true block string. Execution was just a little off!

Last edited:

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
this is such sick stuff @Kekoa you are out here working really hard. I'll test some SD run cancels tomorrow and let you know how I go.

BTW, kamikaze drone into 112 covers the gap in 112, leaving you +6 without gaps. Didn't see you use it or maybe I missed it, nothing major but maybe kinda cool in those match ups like Superman where you might wanna use kamikaze drone to deal with their wake up because the Roomba doesnt work.

also your blockstrings are sick. I'm going to have to learn a few of these and mix them all in. I know the character and the frames and even I wouldn't know if I could poke out of not just watching some of those. Having legit pressure will also let us sneak in more disrespectful stuff as well. Seems there is going to be a lot of depth to learn with Cyborg. What's the best way of pushing them to the corner in your opinion?

Kekoa

Noob
Thanks @WB-chan, I appreciate it! Just trying to show people how savage Cyborg really is!

I did some drone into 112 stuff but I wanted to keep looking to see if I could put it in a longer block string or setup but it is very good by itself. I definitely should've put it in the video so people could see it. Forward Roomba directly underneath also covers the 112 gap. @InFlames made a video about a 112 jailing concept. We can drone into 112 for no gap, then jail another 11. He said they can backdash it but they can't duck it if done right. So that's something right there.

I really like the MBF3 setups and the SD cancels, I feel like everyone is going to want to press buttons during those. And the grapple block strings... I really can't believe he can start a combo on one side, cross up and still be in the same block string on the other side AND be plus. NERF lololol

Kekoa

Noob
Just got done labbing midscreen block strings and jailing pressure. I think this is a really great setup. The first three clips were concepts I had in an attempt to apply the corner pressure to midscreen. All the clips after that are the concepts displayed in an actual setup! I'm really hype for this part so I'm hoping you guys like it and lab it yourselves to see if it's a viable pressure option!

There are a few examples of what to do against tech roll, but I have my doubts on if its actually viable. However, if they don't tech roll, ending the combo in F2~TA allows us to set up meaty pressure to force them to block the TA. Meaty that leads into some of these ridiculous block strings. Also, if they decide to wakeup, you can block/punish OR push block them into the TA! @WB-chan I have a few setups in here that are TA into 112 removing the gap, allowing for our guaranteed B12 pressure. Let me know what you guys think!

DeftMonk

Noob
Love the amount of stuff here but after Goofin around I can't get any solid pressure midscreen. What do u guys do after db2mb mid screen? I've been doing ta and dashing in but they just block it then I'm at a loss at this point. Don't like his normals much atm

Kekoa

Noob
Love the amount of stuff here but after Goofin around I can't get any solid pressure midscreen. What do u guys do after db2mb mid screen? I've been doing ta and dashing in but they just block it then I'm at a loss at this point. Don't like his normals much atm
You can try DB2MB, F2~TA. If they don't tech roll, you can B12 meaty immediately after the TA. The B1 will whiff but the 2 will connect. Check out those midscreen setups in the last video I posted!

God Confirm

ok here's a mix that will DEFINITELY open ppl up

its easy, after down Trait just do b12 grapple

slow it down and look at how you have to block that shit, the roomba crossed up as well cause of the zipline but thats autoblocked by holding down like everyone should be doing about cyborg, so might not catch anyone (if it does, he autoconverts with the Ji2), but then when they go to block the cross up Jump in from the grapple, the Ji2 hits from the original side that you were on because of that wierd pushback that happens after roomba explodes, but then you still land somehow in a cross up position from that point anyway so they have to block towards or downwards again

its wierd as hell, take this to the lab and try block it, kinda cool shit!! you have to delay the Ji2 a little for it to work (as in, not whiff on crouchers) but it doesnt let them AA or anything so its fine

Last edited:

God Confirm

Just got done labbing midscreen block strings and jailing pressure. I think this is a really great setup. The first three clips were concepts I had in an attempt to apply the corner pressure to midscreen. All the clips after that are the concepts displayed in an actual setup! I'm really hype for this part so I'm hoping you guys like it and lab it yourselves to see if it's a viable pressure option!

There are a few examples of what to do against tech roll, but I have my doubts on if its actually viable. However, if they don't tech roll, ending the combo in F2~TA allows us to set up meaty pressure to force them to block the TA. Meaty that leads into some of these ridiculous block strings. Also, if they decide to wakeup, you can block/punish OR push block them into the TA! @WB-chan I have a few setups in here that are TA into 112 removing the gap, allowing for our guaranteed B12 pressure. Let me know what you guys think!
loving it, i already use this set-up courtesy of megamonk, but going to make these pressure follow ups you have here my core, thats some real corner carry just off the blockstrings damn. what options against delay wake up tho? for both this and the corner set-ups we need to lab what delay wake up will do to us and if it can get them out or even a punish, and if so, what can we do differently to deal with it?

Kekoa

Noob
@WB-chan F22 seems to cover all midscreen delayed wakeup options off of this particular setup. Here is short delay and long delay.

Its much easier to execute and F22 seems to be a great universal answer to all delays. We still get our B12 into MBNB for more plus frames or SD. F22 also gives us the option to go straight into B231 after TA hits, works for all delays or no delay. +5 with no gap thanks to TA and a guaranteed B12 follow up. If they don't block, F22 knocks them across the screen into the corner.

EDIT: oops no delay accidentally got deleted when I posted the video. This is short and long delay though. No delay looks almost exactly identical to the short delay.

Last edited:

God Confirm

ok here's a mix that will DEFINITELY open ppl up

its easy, after down Trait just do b12 grapple

slow it down and look at how you have to block that shit, the roomba crossed up as well cause of the zipline but thats autoblocked by holding down like everyone should be doing about cyborg, so might not catch anyone (if it does, he autoconverts with the Ji2), but then when they go to block the cross up Jump in from the grapple, the Ji2 hits from the original side that you were on because of that wierd pushback that happens after roomba explodes, but then you still land somehow in a cross up position from that point anyway so they have to block towards or downwards again

its wierd as hell, take this to the lab and try block it, kinda cool shit!! you have to delay the Ji2 a little for it to work (as in, not whiff on crouchers) but it doesnt let them AA or anything so its fine
just quoting myself here to say, that B12~zipline isn't universal, seems to be big body specific... HOWEVER , S3~Zipline does this same set-up instead and is universal, works on everyone I tested it on.

Because of this I think it can be used as the way to make them respect that gap in our other pressure string, that I was talking about us needing earlier

so like this

a.) DownTrait, S3~Zipline, cross up pressure

b.) DownTrait, S2~TA, 113~Zipline pressure

If your opponent who knows that MU is looking for that real tricky to block set-up and prepping it, it's gonna be a lot harder for them to be ready to deal with the TA set-up into more pressure, and the gap is BEFORE the roomba so they only have an instant because the second it hits, they are then jailed into 113 (or can use B123 as well altho it doesn't jail theres still no real way out lol). 113~PF also jails into another 11 or sets up a tick throw, so thats another option there to mix those set-ups for heavy chip too, but we know about that

@Kekoa what do you think

DeftMonk

Noob
Man I was super sad when I found out TA and roomba are mids. Cyborg kinda reminds me of joker in that he is not amazing until u get them in the corner. I just kinda assumed at least one of the 2 would be lows like teeth:/