What's new

Cyborg Pressure Concepts

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
@WB-chan you said that the back Roomba should be prioritized, but with Black Adam that has a very weak wake up game, you choose the forward Roomba instead. why?
Because back Roomba doesn't catch his wake up only forward does, and with the amount of advantage remaining, stuffing his wake-up isn't super reliable or anything, you gotta hit him high with the 112, and then the timing to stuff the Cage I think will change depending if he tech rolls or not, so I don't think that is very consistent. Regardless, you will see I had the same thought you did and right after the first Black Adam video using forward Roomba for GAURANTEED pressure, there is a second Black Adam video using is back Roomba, just because his wake-up is very stuffable if timed right.

Stuffed Cage into combo if he wakes up, goes into TA pressure if he just blocks.

Kekoa

Noob
Stuffing every wake up with trait after 112 knockdown

How to set-up drone to safely continue pressure. Every set-up is designed to give you the best possible trade on misread, so, if you let the wake-up hit you, the trait will cover your ass as much as possible.

Ground trait gives us the best conversions on trade, and we know back Roomba gives us the best blockstrings, so this is the one that will be prioritized if possible

So here is a quick reference guide for the optimal set-up to brute force through all the wake-up options from each character in the cast

Behind Roomba:
Bane (venom options not tested)
Black Canary
Brainiac
Catwoman
Cheetah
Deadshot
Darkseid
Green Arrow
Flash
Harley Quinn
Poison Ivy
Robin
Wonderwoman

Forward Roomba:
Aquaman
Black Adam
Blue Beetle
Captain Cold
Cyborg
Green Lantern
Scarecrow
Swamp Thing

Behind Kamikaze:
Atrocitus
Gorilla Grodd
Superman

Forward Kamikaze:
Batman
Supergirl

On my channel is a playlist for every single one of them with some big conversions.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwWtJBurD7zMPJpi7AI39Vw/playlists?shelf_id=0&view=1&sort=dd

I'll pretty it up later, for now it's a useful resource, might add this and kekoa's compilation vid to the OP shortly.

Luckily there is only 5 characters who we have to use Kamikaze against, and all are positive trades even if we don't get much. The majority of the cast we get a combo conversion against using the Roomba. With Batman we even get to combo off the Kamikaze. I recommend every Cyborg main have a quick watch of that playlist, yes its +30 vids, but they are only like 10 seconds each, and worth just seeing what you can get. It's all in alphabetical order, so if you want to use it as a resource or a reference for match-up specifics, you don't have to skip through one video to find the bit you need.

Problem characters are:
Dr Fate - positive trade is impossible, you cannot trade with his wake up at least not off 112 knockdown)
Scarecrow Traumatize - He's not going to have it everytime obviously, but it does leave him with advantage, you knocked down in front of him, and the trade itself does more damage for him than it does for you. Still, as far as trading with a Traumatize goes, he gets no combo so thats a lot better than the alternative I guess
The Flash - trade does more damage his way and sends you away, however it is still really your advantage as you go fullscreen and its rollable, so he has to work his way all the way in and you have the maximum amount of screen possible to play with, however you do lose the corner.

Notes: 112 knockdown is rollable, but if they tech roll it actually takes longer to get it. This is relevant because the roll input for 112 is right near the end of the knockdown just before the wake up buffer, and its really easy to accidentally roll, and thats assuming they know that niche bit of Cyborg information, which if they don't they will probably be rolling anyway. Some wake-ups coming out on roll open up a larger window to get stuffed quite consistently by a normal. In some match-ups against non-fully invincible wake-ups like against say a Brainiac trying to contest your set-up with a fast wake-up charge, you might be well off following up a Back-Trait set-up with D2~TA, which is practically the same as S2~TA except slightly less block advantage, but comes out a little faster and combos them into the Trait, which S2 does not. I added a clip for Black Adam and Brainiac's wake-ups getting stuffed if they happen to tech roll, but there may be more out there, I'm not fully aware of which wake-ups become stuffable. There is also niche interactions like Darkseid's punch walk wake up, if he rolls the wake up comes out slower so the second hit doesn't connect, the first hit has fuck all blockstun and you get a 535 damage combo on his ass for a bar :) if anyone finds any other things like this let me know and ill add them in.

If I missed any wake-ups let me know. I know I missed Darkseid's knee and Jokers buzzer, I'll put them in tomorrow.

The next step to this resource is breaking down our pressure options off each set-up. I am fairly familiar with what we get off behind Trait set-up, for example, and I'll add that in myself. Wondering what our pressure-paths are off Kamikaze drone and forward Roomba are, I know Kamikaze covers the gap in 112, but if I could get you @Kekoa to respond to this with a little bit of a breakdown of what these two trait set-ups give us pressure wise, that would be sick.

This is all off 112 knockdown I'm also going to look into 113~Trait/TA as I know it opens up a whole bunch of other punishes, and might be the optimal punish for specific characters wake ups, however its not really a pressure set up as theres no real advantage and pretty sure most characters can just punish your set-up and/or just jump out lol. Will check to make sure tho.
@WB-chan Do you want pressure options only using trait?

Kekoa

Noob
Highlights: Back air drone immediate grapple into j2 jails and grapple j2 11 jails. You can go into whatever you want tho since j2 jails. Back air drone into a jump cross-up, j2 11 jails, j2 b123 jails but again whatever you want since j2 jails. In the corner back air drone immediate TA dash cancel into 11 jails. Pretty dope since TA directly after back air drone is punishable after they block the drone, might get them to press a button. Forward roomba closes the 112 gap just like the air drone and you can jail another 11 after 112. They can back dash or super the follow up 11 but thats it, they can't duck it. And Back air drone s3 b123 jails. The mid screen stuff isn't very reliable so maybe just ignore that part haha.

Kekoa

Noob
Anyone having any success with those TA block strings? I haven't opened up anyone with them yet :( Getting a lot of respect on these setups but I still build about a bar of meter and it helps push them into the corner.

@Kekoa I played a set today, going to show some gifs of some good sequences. Also, in that first clip, you built a whole bar back! That's crazy haha, even if they block it, you get a ton of meter out of it, so it's a win-win imo.

Also can't thank everyone enough, this thread has helped me level up tremendously and I'm having so much fun with this character, even despite losing most of the time lol

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I was trying to get missles out mid combo and have the trait hit them into the missles like the first vid but as a true combo not a reset and couldnt figure it out. I tried a background bounce but that makes the trait bug out and disappear

Last edited:

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
I was trying to get missles out mid combo and have the trait hit them into the missles like the first vid but as a true combo not a reset and couldnt figure it out. I tried a background bounce but that makes the trait bug out and disappear
Trait loop is old lol but still dope though

Kekoa

Noob
I took all the anti-wakeup stuff @WB-chan did and tried to find some big conversions if we had blocked the wakeup instead of traded. Used 1 bar on almost every punish, with a few meterless and 2 bar options sprinkled in there. There are timestamps in the description and the comments section if you want to skip to a certain matchup. Everyone except Red Hood lol.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
I took all the anti-wakeup stuff @WB-chan did and tried to find some big conversions if we had blocked the wakeup instead of traded. Used 1 bar on almost every punish, with a few meterless and 2 bar options sprinkled in there. There are timestamps in the description and the comments section if you want to skip to a certain matchup. Everyone except Red Hood lol.

Damn dude that's a lot of work, and really appreciate it.
This Cyborg community is honestly the best out of all characters.

P.S. what's the name of that dope track haha

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
This probably isn't the right thread, but everyone seems to be posting his stuff here and I've made a little combo video for Cyborg so here it is. Enjoy.

Damn dude that's a lot of work, and really appreciate it.
This Cyborg community is honestly the best out of all characters.

P.S. what's the name of that dope track haha
Yep, the Cyborg community is the best one free.

Last edited: