What's new

Cyborg General Discussion Thread

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
All the kid characters feel bland or cringey af to me, kinda similar to how I felt about the kombat kids in MKX, more or less.

Like Firestorm and Supergirl have pretty bland dialogue imo. Beetle and Robin aren't much better for me either.

Sorry I couldn’t bring it home with that top 8 guys was damn close and sorry no none of my matches were streamed I really wish they were my set with king was insane
Your match with bio is on YouTube. Though now that I am typing this I realize that is probably the last match you'd want to see (sorry bro, awesome showing)

Your match with bio is on YouTube. Though now that I am typing this I realize that is probably the last match you'd want to see (sorry bro, awesome showing)
Yeah I def don’t want to watch it lol I just played super impatient I was playing frantic and wasn’t thinking about the match instead I was thinking about how bad I wanted top 8

Sorry I couldn’t bring it home with that top 8 guys was damn close and sorry no none of my matches were streamed I really wish they were my set with king was insane
Flocko your too modest my man! No need to apologize, you played amazing my guy. I never though I would see the day of Cyborg getting top 16 at a major, let alone seeing it in person. You definitely inspired me to improve in all aspects of life, especially fighting games.

If anything I would like to apologize. I was recording Flocko's match with Foreverking but my phone ran out of memory. Deleted my own recorded matches and a ton of my Evo photos to just make space but it wasn't enough. I'll dig through my laptop, even if it's just a short clip it's better than nothing.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
I played that so trash all I had to do is walk him down and force trades with him instead I was impatient as hell
I like playing that matchup fullscreen and keeping harley out as much as possible. Was Crusty using harley when you played against him?

I like playing that matchup fullscreen and keeping harley out as much as possible. Was Crusty using harley when you played against him?
Yeah crusty uses Harley crusty doesn’t play the match up right how do you play it full screen her gun shots are too fast ?

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Yeah crusty uses Harley crusty doesn’t play the match up right how do you play it full screen her gun shots are too fast ?
Jump over gunshots. Get into a rhythm where you can air downward NB over the gunshot, try to just catch the tip of her feet. And NB does much more dmg than gunshot so it's not too tough to get the life lead and sit on it. Air NB or air mb NB over hyenas and scout out mb roll in with 2,3

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
When starting a match against harley, I do slight walk back into grapple away air downward NB or jump back air downward NB. This makes sure her b2 and jump ins whiff and gives me space to start chipping and zoning.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Also, gotta play very careful against Harley at all times. Even if you have a big life lead or whatever, never auto-pilot or do unnecessary things / take unnecessary risks.
For instance, with all due respect, you started off game 1 quite sloppy. You got hit by a lot of stuff that you could have dodged and already lost 50% before getting anything going.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
and by the 00:31 second mark, you're making a nice comeback, hit Bio with a few well-placed fireballs. Then you get a knockdown, call trait, and then you take a risk with trying to use missiles and get hit by a fullscreen gunshot. In that case, I think you should have called trait and then jumped forward (over a potential fullscreen gunshot) or just stayed ducking for a second and let the gunshot whiff over you.
I believe that just small things like that make the difference in frustrating the harley player and making them feel like their zoning is ineffective (i.e., you are chipping them but they aren't chipping you) and then they force their way in (usually with mb roll). IMO, when they start coming to you, you're winning...but overall, you do want to stay 3/4 screen to fullscreen.