What's new

Cyborg General Discussion Thread

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
your position at the 01:05 mark is perfect. Her air gunshot doesn't work, and as you jump towards her and do air downward NB you can get over her follow-up straight shot and hit/chip her with fireball. That's the name of the game right there!

In any case, this is just what I do, not saying it's better or worse then your strategy. You still did a phenomenal job!

Nah I played it shitty but I don’t understand how you’re staying full screen downward doesn’t reach full screen I was just playing bad I was focused on getting top 8 and not the set I was playing super frantic basically panicking

If he reads you will do air shots cupcakes hit you out of the air me and bio had a long set the weekend prio and he really figured out the match up I think I figured out a better way to play it now though I’ll see on Friday cuz we are playing on the clash

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Ideally, you want to be 3/4 screen (like in most zoning matchups) where your air NB will reach Harley. Also, at that range, you have enough time to react and block cupcakes. And honestly, let them waste meter on cupcakes, does a bit of chip but takes away a lot of their rushdown options (which, IMO, is the only place where harley wins in this MU)

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
i have a very important question for you all......

Whats your preferred trait position, up behind, up infront, down behind, or down front? i generally go with the default but i feel like i should figure out which works best at certain times.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan

Whats your preferred trait position, up behind, up infront, down behind, or down front? i generally go with the default but i feel like i should figure out which works best at certain times.
I usually go for pressing 4 for air drone or d4 for roomba

LONG POST INCOMING
Depends on the matchup for me. At first I thought the air trait was superior, but each one has it's uses.

For example, ground roomba last longer and controls the ground game. Works great against characters without projectiles (or bad projectiles ex. robin's beatarang) because their few options are to either sit their and block, hop over it, or mb roll. If they hop over it, any air NB or ground diagonal NB will hit them back into it for a free dash-up b3 punish. MB rolll can be reacted to with 23.

Thus, in most cases this allows Cyborg to zone longer and get more meter, and control neutral. My favorite aspect of ground roomba is setting it down, dashing forward and doing NB cancels while roomba is following behind because you get some sick setups and build a ton of meter on block.

Air roomba controls the air game and projectile game. Best to use against zoners in general, characters with leaps (Grodd, Hellboy, Brainiac, Cheetah, etc.), and also on block to force the opponent to respect follow up options. It can also be used to make grapple safe, and as an insurance policy if your opponent lands a hit on you.

There's is honestly still a lot to explore with roomba. I still learn something new every time I use it.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Wow nrs really got lazy with this character. Just popped in igau for the lulz bc cyborg was a beast with a plus 2 d1 lol but anyways. It turns out that all his special moves had it's own animation i.e Sonic disrupter and TA but in i2 he just casts them through his Nova blaster.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
How many frames does it take for a character to go from crouching to standing? For example, if Cyborg blocks an attack crouching, what would the block advantage need to be to punish with standing 1?

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
hmm I think that a -7 or -8 move should be punishable with s1 (even from crouching). Might be best to ask in a status update or on the main page though to get more opinions

How many frames does it take for a character to go from crouching to standing? For example, if Cyborg blocks an attack crouching, what would the block advantage need to be to punish with standing 1?
The answer is technically 0 it each move varies depending on how you look at it, but I think your question is based on the assumption that when someone is minus/punishable they are always standing. This is not the case. Different moves rise at different rates and some are fully recovered by the time they are standing. Easy examples are Batman slide, canary drop and cheeta sweep. All are punishable by a 7f d1, the last two can’t be punished by a 6f s1.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Anybody got any early ideas on who you're going to try and play come MK11? Obviously the roster isn't set yet, but any hopes or plans?

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Anybody got any early ideas on who you're going to try and play come MK11? Obviously the roster isn't set yet, but any hopes or plans?
Well, I'm crossing fingers for Jade's return in MK11. But because she's only in every second/third game, I've been forced to be flexible when it comes to mains. In MKX I mained Takeda until Tanya became DLC, but also liked playing Kitana (she is one of the more reliable back-ups as she's in most games).

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Definitely playing the villain I never play good characters raiden will be my second only to the prince of purple. Bae Jade is a must. I'm banking Kung lao will have awesome swag combos

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: PlayingNeutral
Im playing all villains and raiden, i gave up on inj2 when the turtles came out. Im on dbfz and mkx again, i want kanos son and a NEW character. I want a character that has RC's i didnt have that in MKX