What's new

Cyborg General Discussion Thread

Sleeping_WULF02

formerly known as KHAOTIC_xWULFx
But then again guys the game isn't even a month old yet so keep that in mind, keep grinding fella ask questions do your research don't be afraid to ask questions or post things that you feel are valuable or good tech don't write the character off just yet. I remember HATING Cyborg when the first injustice came out but I just kept grinding with and I ended up being really darn good with the character the only regret I have is not going to local tournaments and being more active on here and making a tutorial about the character and sharing what I know so just keep grinding guys ! I'm here to answer any questions that anyone has about the character but just keep this in mind I'm learning just like you guys, consistency is the key

I just finished my video. Apologies in advance for the D-rated video editing. I need to get a video software better than Movie Maker. It crashed on me several times this evening.

How do i deal with SG? She can out zone me, teleport in for free almost (i block it like 3/10 times) her f3? is godlike crosses up cant see it lol, what do i do any tips?

How do i deal with SG? She can out zone me, teleport in for free almost (i block it like 3/10 times) her f3? is godlike crosses up cant see it lol, what do i do any tips?
If super girl wants to play lame, I figured it was best to let her do it because she will eventually run out of trait and will need to get in.

We out damage Supergirl in fireball trades, but since her fireball puts us in a knockdown, we're going to put at an disadvantage.
I like to make Supergirl burn out her trait, if she stops and tries to focus on getting in. I start zoning again to enforce her to try to have a war that we trick her into having.
Once she is low, Cyborg can start to play his own game with zoning because she won't be able to keep up and needs to wait for her trait to build to stop us or get in.

Her space port is pretty easily telegraphed to block and punish. That move has a 31 frame start up. Just remember to stand block the opposite direction. Regardless if she meter burns or not, she is unsafe and can be full combo punished .
Supergirl cannot react to our fireball to punish with spaceport. She is likely doing it as a read on your fireball patterns.

Last edited:

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Have you guys tried doing or ending your combos with b123 TA? Then go for a cross up j3? I haven't fully labbed it yet but it looks more safe than 113 TA and the j3 crosses up hard walk under to keep corner game and no combo of choice

Edit: for corner

Last edited:
Have you guys tried doing or ending your combos with b123 TA? Then go for a cross up j3? I haven't fully labbed it yet but it looks more safe than 113 TA and the j3 crosses up hard walk under to keep corner game and no combo of choice

Edit: for corner
Do you mean 112 into TA? 112 places the enemy in such a long knockdown. I'm sure you can do a similar setup with 112. Like Cyborg can even call out trait and do meaty before the opponent even thinks about getting up. I wish I recorded it in my video, but I forgot, DX.

I used to like B123 TA, but depending on the combo gravity scaling kicks in pretty hard which will allow the opponent to tech and punish you before they even have to worry about TA hitting them.

just_2swift

Do you mean 112 into TA? 112 places the enemy in such a long knockdown. I'm sure you can do a similar setup with 112. Like Cyborg can even call out trait and do meaty before the opponent even thinks about getting up. I wish I recorded it in my video, but I forgot, DX.

I used to like B123 TA, but depending on the combo gravity scaling kicks in pretty hard which will allow the opponent to tech and punish you before they even have to worry about TA hitting them.
Try it

I have tried it and from my experience using the move it is better to use it if the less gravity scaling on the opponent. Whenever I play against people and do a combo and the opponent is in a juggle state, I used to finish with 11, 11, B123 TA, and I would get hit by the enemy when they would tech.

So my next question is what combo you're using for the setup.

just_2swift

I have tried it and from my experience using the move it is better to use it if the less gravity scaling on the opponent. Whenever I play against people and do a combo and the opponent is in a juggle state, I used to finish with 11, 11, B123 TA, and I would get hit by the enemy when they would tech.

So my next question is what combo you're using for the setup.
Can't recall exactly i was getting ready for work. I believe it was f3 s3 2 mb nova 11 b123 TA?

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
Here's the video
What's the point of this when the oponent can just roll out and walk back? I recommend doing f2 into df2 which doesn't allow them to roll and guarantees a TA which then also allows u to get close with grapple and combo them or just stay fullscreen.

MadPropz101

Honestly Cyborg is really fun and all but it takes so much work to win games with him it's ridiculous, he can get outzoned by Batman lmao...the only great thing about him are the corner gimmicks everything else is just meh, he ain't great upclose and he ain't great fullscreen either.

What's the point of this when the oponent can just roll out and walk back? I recommend doing f2 into df2 which doesn't allow them to roll and guarantees a TA which then also allows u to get close with grapple and combo them or just stay fullscreen.
DF2 is techable, regardless if the enemy gets hit in the air or ground. There are no guarantee followups/setups from the move unfortunately.

People miss the tech from F2 TA since they hit the ground really quickly. I have yet to fight someone that properly techs against it.

Even then:
1. When you set down TA, you can react to the tech and fire Nova Blaster and challenge their followup movement. They cannot backdash since the fireball will still hit them (including if they tech). For opponent to avoid completely they need to practically hold the up button, and if they're holding UF it can be reacted with MB.

2. There's a layer of yomi with doing DD3F if the opponent is showing that they can tech to challenge their movement yet again with Nova Blaster.

3. If you really want an untechable knockdown. At the end of the video I mentioned that F22 is a HKD against airborne opponents. You can setup TA, but that's it. Everything is based on reading what your opponent will do afterwards.

MadPropz101

DF2 is techable, regardless if the enemy gets hit in the air or ground. There are no guarantee followups/setups from the move unfortunately.

People miss the tech from F2 TA since they hit the ground really quickly. I have yet to fight someone that properly techs against it.

Even then:
1. When you set down TA, you can react to the tech and fire Nova Blaster and challenge their followup movement. They cannot backdash since the fireball will still hit them (including if they tech). For opponent to avoid completely they need to practically hold the up button, and if they're holding UF it can be reacted with MB.

2. There's a layer of yomi with doing DD3F if the opponent is showing that they can tech to challenge their movement yet again with Nova Blaster.

3. If you really want an untechable knockdown. At the end of the video I mentioned that F22 is a HKD against airborne opponents. You can setup TA, but that's it. Everything is based on reading what your opponent will do afterwards.
I tried the AI on roll mode and they can't roll out from df2 when they get hit in the air, i also tried rolling out myself and i can't.

I tried the AI on roll mode and they can't roll out from df2 when they get hit in the air, i also tried rolling out myself and i can't.
That's weird because I did the same thing and I had the opposite effect. I would try again myself and record it, but I have my setup packed up for combo breaker and I have to leave in the early AM.

Is it me or is the frame data inaccurate for his trait on block? Using f3 should be a block string but there is enough time to reversal.
When it comes to moves that come out way later on block (like target acquired or trait) I really don't bother to look at the frame data lol. Probably look at the active frames of the move, might give you a better gage.