What's new

Cyborg General Discussion Thread

SZSR

Noob
I'm really at a loss to get his grapple-hooks, "down upforward/upback", do you guys have any tips for a Cyborg noob like me to do them? I'd do it 100 times in a row if need be, but I can't even do it once :(

I'm really at a loss to get his grapple-hooks, "down upforward/upback", do you guys have any tips for a Cyborg noob like me to do them? I'd do it 100 times in a row if need be, but I can't even do it once :(
I've had the most sucess by pressing down then qcb or qcf (imagine the hadoken motion but from starting from the up direction instead of down). Hope it helps

SZSR

Noob
I've had the most sucess by pressing down then qcb or qcf (imagine the hadoken motion but from starting from the up direction instead of down). Hope it helps
Oh so like down, up, upright, right or down, up, upleft, left? I haven't thought of it like that, I'll try it out thanks!

Oh so like down, up, upright, right or down, up, upleft, left? I haven't thought of it like that, I'll try it out thanks!
Exactly, treat it like a hadoken motion. Tell me if you have any success, I probably should have made a posted on this sooner lol

SZSR

Noob
Exactly, treat it like a hadoken motion. Tell me if you have any success, I probably should have made a posted on this sooner lol
It works consistently if I press the buttons deliberately and slowly in training, but I tend to mash when doing my inputs in match so if I speed up I start dropping it. =| Any ideas what to do when that happens?

It works consistently if I press the buttons deliberately and slowly in training, but I tend to mash when doing my inputs in match so if I speed up I start dropping it. =| Any ideas what to do when that happens?
I just gradually integrated it into my game, to the point I barely miss the input. It just something you have to keep practicing. I primarily used it to avoid intractables, I wish I had some better advice but also try using it to get through gaps to get the feeling down.

My fault, I just realized it's down, then you start from left/right and then roll up similar to a hadoken motion. So like:

:d*:r+ fu +:u

or

:d*:l+ fb + :u

Hope it helps. Let me know if it's easier :)

Lilblump

Noob
As you hinted at, for me it's just a matter of making sure I don't rush the motion during matches. I haven't tried the method described by Protagonist (I'll definitely try it soon).

On a separate subject, I'm curious how you guys are using Cyborg's meter. Do you typically use it to enhance his zoning by meter burning Nova Blast? Do you throw out the occasional meter burned b3/f3 to make your opponents wary of rushing in? Or, does it completely depend on the matchup?

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
As you hinted at, for me it's just a matter of making sure I don't rush the motion during matches. I haven't tried the method described by Protagonist (I'll definitely try it soon).

On a separate subject, I'm curious how you guys are using Cyborg's meter. Do you typically use it to enhance his zoning by meter burning Nova Blast? Do you throw out the occasional meter burned b3/f3 to make your opponents wary of rushing in? Or, does it completely depend on the matchup?
Personally, I do lots of mb f3 and mb b3 (probably more than I should, but meh). Also, occasionally I will do mb techno tackle and mb power fist for wakeups

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus
I just started using his b231 combo into mb nova blas with ketchups corner tech ,its more dmg but hard to input if your rushing the combo but its definitely a better option than b123 which is all mid. I slide my big thumbs on the buttons so its easier.

Sleeping_WULF02

formerly known as KHAOTIC_xWULFx
Looking to play Cyborg for a bit myself. Going though the looking for a main crisis. Is it absolutely necessary to master iafb's with cyborg, or could you become a competent one without it?
Sorry I'm responding late but I feel like if you wanna take that character to the next level iafb's are very important almost a must. You could play him without the iafb if you choose to but trust me it just makes things easier and still even if you do master it it's so many characters in the game that beat cyborg you would have to work 3 times as hard as everyone else and that still might not be enough. Overall I feel like injustice 1 Cyborg is better then injustice 2 Cyborg but only at certain things they both have pros and cons I could explain them to you if you want just let me know

Sleeping_WULF02

I would say necessary for Injustice 1, but not so much for Injustice 2! Thanks to air downward fireball :)
I feel like I played you on psn awhile ago in the first injustice, name was KHAOTIC_xWULFx Shazam player in the first right ?

Sleeping_WULF02

Sorry Ram didn't mean to quote you lol I remember you were a cyborg player in the first lol sorry meant to quote SuppaSapien3

Reactions: Ram

SuppaSapien3

Chipotle and Olive Garden are NOT authentic
Sorry Ram didn't mean to quote you lol I remember you were a cyborg player in the first lol sorry meant to quote SuppaSapien3
I was lol, but apparently lighting doesn't strike twice in this game, so im looking for someone else to play lol.
Sorry I'm responding late but I feel like if you wanna take that character to the next level iafb's are very important almost a must. You could play him without the iafb if you choose to but trust me it just makes things easier and still even if you do master it it's so many characters in the game that beat cyborg you would have to work 3 times as hard as everyone else and that still might not be enough. Overall I feel like injustice 1 Cyborg is better then injustice 2 Cyborg but only at certain things they both have pros and cons I could explain them to you if you want just let me know
Man is there any tutorial to do this for a non fight stick controller? Because it feels like you have to be part cyborg to accomplish it.

Sleeping_WULF02

I was lol, but apparently lighting doesn't strike twice in this game, so im looking for someone else to play lol.
Man is there any tutorial to do this for a non fight stick controller? Because it feels like you have to be part cyborg to accomplish it.
Man tbh I really don't know I'll do some research on it but just off the top of my head the best Cyborg players in the first game were RelaxedState, Balding, and myself and I think we all used hitbox or a fight stick balding I'm not to sure about what he used but I'm sure he used stick. I'll do some research for you for sure tho

Sleeping_WULF02

To all the pad players that use iafb's its there a trick to it ? Or is it just a repetition thing the more you practice the best you get ?

Lilblump

Noob
Personally, I do lots of mb f3 and mb b3 (probably more than I should, but meh). Also, occasionally I will do mb techno tackle and mb power fist for wakeups
I've been using mb f3/b3 (more so f3) a lot as well. If an opponent is very rush down focus, it makes them more hesitant. I often can also catch opponents after they block many of Cyborg's strings (especially his b1 string) since they'll immediately try to move in or press a button.
However, it seems like he needs to use his meter on fireballs when going up against other zoners (such as Beetle). Otherwise he'll get out-zoned . . . at least that's my early impression. Any thoughts, @PND_Ketchup ?

SuppaSapien3

Chipotle and Olive Garden are NOT authentic
I been doing some research, and I see some of what makes this version different. Since they made his overall up close game worse with no real overheads, crouch-able command grab, and a bad wakeup game, do you believe it is better to play cyborg like a pure zoner character, and dont try to set up combos now. How do you believe he is best played?

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
I been doing some research, and I see some of what makes this version different. Since they made his overall up close game worse with no real overheads, crouch-able command grab, and a bad wakeup game, do you believe it is better to play cyborg like a pure zoner character, and dont try to set up combos now. How do you believe he is best played?
He always had no real overheads and a crouch-able command grab

...but we make him work!

Sleeping_WULF02

Okay so let me go over the cons first, so what I feel like Cyborg is bad/worst on is his zoning in my opinion is worst for one reason only, his missiles are no longer an overhead and what that really opened up is his fireball game, you gonna have to block high when the missiles come right ? And what are my iafb's ? A high hitting projectile but now they are just a mid hitting move so that hurts him. Another thing that hurts him too is that almost every zoner in the game can zone better then Cyborg and if your a zoning character why does your zoning lose to all the other characters zoning ? It just doesn't make sense to me at all

Sleeping_WULF02

That's just one of the many big things I feel are bad with him. Now a pro that I particularly like about him is that he has the option to shoot a straight fire ball in the air or shoot an angled one at the opponent I no longer have to meter burn my iafb to hit crouching opponents which is great ! I would love for it to be an overhead tho. But to give you my opinion I feel like he should be played mid to full screen because that's where he can Excel at I call the mid screen for him " being in the pocket" learning how to "be and STAY in the pocket" is something I haven't even mastered yet. I was thinking about doing a video on him and explaining what I know with him so far but I feel like I just need a lot more time to fully dive into the character