What's new

Cyborg General Discussion Thread

D1 tick throw only hits if:
- your opponent stand blocks
-your opponent attempts to counterpoke

So more than likely it's because your opponent is pressing a button after your d1. I used to use d1 tick throw a lot earlier in the games life. I should probably try to experiment with it more.
Ahhh ok thats y! Yeah they must be trying to counter poke. This works well vs superman if you condition d1 xx sd. Since most can poke out of a d1xsd you can start d1 ticthrow mb for good damage. Im starting to think in a set this will work wonders.

Honestly THAT SHOULD have been his buff! D1 x TT should connect on ducking opponents, like most ticthrows that aren't 50/50 based (ie cheetah). It doesn't have to be a mid command grab to do that, it would just be a tic off a button

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might

Hiyomoto

Noob
Ahhh ok thats y! Yeah they must be trying to counter poke. This works well vs superman if you condition d1 xx sd. Since most can poke out of a d1xsd you can start d1 ticthrow mb for good damage. Im starting to think in a set this will work wonders.

Honestly THAT SHOULD have been his buff! D1 x TT should connect on ducking opponents, like most ticthrows that aren't 50/50 based (ie cheetah). It doesn't have to be a mid command grab to do that, it would just be a tic off a button

Seeing how creative this community is with set ups with roomba and TA, I don’t think that’d be a good idea. The set ups people would come up with just would not be fair

Seeing how creative this community is with set ups with roomba and TA, I don’t think that’d be a good idea. The set ups people would come up with just would not be fair
Only thing i could think of is in the corner since all of his other stuff midscreen is escapable. But a setup like HKD/Splat into TA/ROOMBA, D1XXTT landing into the TA/TT wouldnt yield anything as far as a combo/setup cuz cyborg gets launched backwards and knocked down giving the opponent space and time to reset neutral (even if they r still at the edge of the stage)

I don't know, I just personally hate techno tackle haha. I personally wish they just gave him a different move honestly.

It's like someone at NRS was like "Herp, derp...Vince played football right so let's give him a move relating to football! I know, let's give him a tackle move that does nothing to complement his gameplay style!" I mean Vince is a quarterback, and the got the brotha leaping as if he's Ray Lewis haha.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
With no hard knockdown for most if not all his set ups I don't see this being a bad Idea.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
That feeling when your trying to do target acquired but you opponent takes it as you tbagging them :(
Happens to me when I'm playing against the likes of Supergirl and I try to inch my way in and duck expecting a laser coming. It looks like I'm teabagging but I'm just trying to walk my way in.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
D1 tick throw only hits if:
- your opponent stand blocks
-your opponent attempts to counterpoke

So more than likely it's because your opponent is pressing a button after your d1. I used to use d1 tick throw a lot earlier in the games life. I should probably try to experiment with it more.
This was more deadly in igau cuz his d1 was plus 2.

I use to d1 grab or d1 tackle lol

Sup everyone,

I have a lot of free time today so I'm going to update several of my matchup threads and make two new ones. Besides Hellboi, which other matchups are you guys struggling with? Starfire comes to mind as well.

I was playing a wonder woman the other day, and this wakeup (Amalthea Bash) was causing a lot of issues. Here's two videos on how to punish it, one from grab, the other from the usual midscreen setup:

FIRESTORM:

If firestorm opens the matchup with overhead, not only is it punishable on block but you can stuff it before it happens with d1 PF or 12b2 PF. This leaves you open to the ground flame move (not sure what the name is) that launches.