What's new

Cyborg General Discussion Thread

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I take back what I said earlier about Techno Tackle needing a buff. I've been getting some usage out of MBTT as an ender for B123 and B231.

Hiyomoto

Noob
I take back what I said earlier about Techno Tackle needing a buff. I've been getting some usage out of MBTT as an ender for B123 and B231.
What do you go for after that ender? I’ve been using it a lot too recently and I go for forward dash into delayed B231.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
What do you go for after that ender? I’ve been using it a lot too recently and I go for forward dash into delayed B231.
I'm not the most optimal player, so I normally just go NB. Simple and Safe. Whatever chip/meter build I can get. Maybe a F3 or B3 if I think they're going to try a wakeup for some reason and feel like I can range/delay it correctly. I'm sure some of the more tech heavy/setup heavy guys on this board would have some better ideas though.

I'm not the most optimal player, so I normally just go NB. Simple and Safe. Whatever chip/meter build I can get. Maybe a F3 or B3 if I think they're going to try a wakeup for some reason and feel like I can range/delay it correctly. I'm sure some of the more tech heavy/setup heavy guys on this board would have some better ideas though.
Theres nothing really guranteed after mbtt, the hit advantage while their knocked down and ur getting up isnt enough to get TA and apply pressure. Best bet is trait or dash in

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
I use normal tackle for the wowo mu in the corner because you can shimmy her mb shield bash and punish her wake up.

What if they gave tackle a sweet spot where it hits mid. I mean it would complement the horrible recovery. Otherwise if it's going to stay how it is the recovery should be reduced.

I have a (bad?) habit of relying too much on mb f3 and mb b3, so I remapped my meter burn button to a useless part of my controller and am training without it. I forgot that means that I also can’t air tech, mb roll or clash lol, but we’ll see how it goes
This was a bad habit of mine as well back in injustice 1. What I did was watch match footage and also just straight up played sets were I didn't allow myself to use it (even if it was the obvious read).

PigoftheHut used to do a similar tactic were he would play ranked and only focus on one aspect of his gameplay also (setups, using only a specific string or punish, etc).

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Just play a character who never actually has meter was my solution :)

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Like poor cheetah. Shes so meter deprived lol. I never win a clash unless im saving meter to try to cash out on damage later. Every bar goes into a f3, b3 or mb grab/dive lol

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might
Basically any character who doesn't have a projectile or proper plus frames. Robin was mine, forever meter starved due to his uses for it. Bane on the other hand always has meter, but the need for MB B3's becomes a lot less in that particular case.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Any Cyborg players here on PSN from EU or US east coast? I wanna run a long set against Cyborg. I mostly only have experience against him from randoms on ranked.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
How do you guys consistently get grapple after 113? Do you roll your thumb from down to side to up-side (that was my injustice 1 strategy) or do you do down then side-up (just those two inputs, not rolling)?

How do you guys consistently get grapple after 113? Do you roll your thumb from down to side to up-side (that was my injustice 1 strategy) or do you do down then side-up (just those two inputs, not rolling)?
Most consistent way for me is 113 then down qcu (quarter circle up). Thats down, then rolling my thumb from left (or right depending on which side of the corner) to up. My dpad is buns, so going for the diagonal input can be inconsistent at times.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Most consistent way for me is 113 then down qcu (quarter circle up). Thats down, then rolling my thumb from left (or right depending on which side of the corner) to up. My dpad is buns, so going for the diagonal input can be inconsistent at times.
I like this method as well, but the grapple doesn’t come out a lot of the times when I do this :/

I like this method as well, but the grapple doesn’t come out a lot of the times when I do this :/
What settings do you use? I have input shortcuts and release check off on mine. I used to have a similar problem, but for me it was because I was inputting the grapple input to early.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
I treat it like a charge move kinda