What's new

Cyborg General Discussion Thread

i dont think you can just do your normal set up and then just bait the wake up
Idk if theres a special timing or a way to punish his actual wakeup. The teleport wakeup might as well be fully Invincible since the start up is non-existent so theres no beating it. His actual wakeup puts him through you and on the otherside at a distance u cant even punish after baiting. So being in the corner to him makes no difference -_-

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Idk if theres a special timing or a way to punish his actual wakeup. The teleport wakeup might as well be fully Invincible since the start up is non-existent so theres no beating it. His actual wakeup puts him through you and on the otherside at a distance u cant even punish after baiting. So being in the corner to him makes no difference -_-

Most characters have some sort of neutral jump/forward jump oki thing that causes MB teleport to whiff.

I would help lab it but can't at the moment. I'm unsure of how it would work for Cyborg since his jump attacks don't really favour him for that sort of tech, compared to someone like Scarecrow who can literally just do it for free and it works regardless of whether or not you actually teleported.

Last edited:

Carl

Noob
Lol I guess you can't lol
4 options.

1. Meaty with 113 df3 and if he teleport behind the cybernetic sweep will catch him. Providing he doesn't mb wakeup.

2. End with roomba and approach this will catch him trying to get behind.

3. End with target aquired then dash up once. This will cause atom to teleport into target aquired if he wakeup.

4. If none of the above work then use the disc as a Frisbee and end your misery lol.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Tbh my best advice if you can't find a direct way to get past it is just to assume that he's not going to MB it. If he does, he just used a bar to do 8% damage, and if he doesn't, you get a full combo punish. It's +33 on hit but all of his chemicals have exactly 33 frames of startup so it has to be frame perfect for him to get one of those, and he doesn't get the catalyst for it. If he goes for buttons then, block I guess? His buttons are pretty average and all his plus frame strings have gaps, same as most in the game.

If you've got him in the corner I'd be a little more careful since obviously it puts YOU in the corner against Atom (without any proper setup to be fair), and Cyborg's wakeup options are pretty easy to beat.

I'm unsure as to whether or not you can react to him doing a MB or not but I'm assuming you can't, as it doesn't actually have the 44 frames of recovery listed in the frame data (I think).

Also teleport IS Atom's actual wakeup, BF2 can be meatied

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Got the legendary fire pit cannon yesterday lol im going for brainac next.

Also if you have fate cornerd if you end with 11 112 immediately do power fist then neutral jump I have specific set ups for each character on wake up in the corner lol

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
I had a thought about trait. If he uses the air drone but before it forms into drone he MB the mother box to gain access to an ability in competitive via RNG for a short duration.

Last edited:
Ok question.. Does d1 ticthrow actually TIC on low blocking opponents? Or am i catching people blocking my d1 and standing up/pressing a button immediately?

D1 tick throw only hits if:
- your opponent stand blocks
-your opponent attempts to counterpoke

So more than likely it's because your opponent is pressing a button after your d1. I used to use d1 tick throw a lot earlier in the games life. I should probably try to experiment with it more.