What's new

Cyborg General Discussion Thread

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
Guys i really like where cyborg is at right now tbh i don't feel like I'm being punished just to play him. I don't think he needs anything else but my total dream buff would be being able to do his trait in air

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus
After a prompt game 1 ragequit here's what @HiddenSelectCounterPick sends me:

Good shit homie. Cyborg bros 4 life...
Leaving the match does not mean rage quit I'm not going to run sets full screen pal. Had to go to the boxing gym ( I know real combos:cool: ) lol thought I'd see a setup or something smart-ass one game of you literally not doing a standing move or combo string just grapple and shooting please upload the video it was a cyborg mirror which aren't fun unless you do combos like me unlike you

Explain what any cyborg main can learn from full-screen zoning I think that's the first thing every cyborg main knows so their is no fun or benefits from running a set with a tym cyborg main and all they do is zone w/o standing moves / strings :D

If you are gonna post this and gather the facts you didn't even respond to those messages

Also not everyone buys a fighting game to sit full screen and zone that's why you don't post tech because you don't know what to do if someone gets in on you

Post some tech that hasn't been discovered yet , then post something like this :)

I'm unbothered by your petty post.

Last edited:
@K7L33THA we should play sometime, sounds like we play similarly.

Also, I have found myself struggling lately against....Grodd? I used to never struggle against him but it seems the tides have turned lately and I am losing against good Grodd players. Any tips from the community in this matchup?

HiddenSelectCounterPick

@K7L33THA we should play sometime, sounds like we play similarly.

Also, I have found myself struggling lately against....Grodd? I used to never struggle against him but it seems the tides have turned lately and I am losing against good Grodd players. Any tips from the community in this matchup?
Respect or get out of his d3 or d1 range respect him on wu, don't let him get full trait, pushblock him into TA and j1 when he jumps into full combo if he does not have meter you don't have to respect him as much. Train to use df2u as soon as he leaps to keep him away because j1 has to be on point

Last edited:

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Two quick questions:

1. In practice mode, how can I tell if a string or move ends in a hard knockdown?
2. In practice mode, how can I tell if a string can be poked out of?

I'm trying to do a better job of learning how to lab things for myself, so I can understand how/when/why certain strings work or not.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Two quick questions:

1. In practice mode, how can I tell if a string or move ends in a hard knockdown?
2. In practice mode, how can I tell if a string can be poked out of?

I'm trying to do a better job of learning how to lab things for myself, so I can understand how/when/why certain strings work or not.
I think the easiest way to test these things is to record yourself doing a string or knockdown, then have the AI do that recorded string/knockdown to you and you try to tech roll (therefore it wouldn't be a hard knockdown) or poke out (therefore it wouldn't be a true block string). Hope that helps

HiddenSelectCounterPick

I just don't play a character if I can't relate to the playstyle I'll look into her more I did notice she has a lot of combo strings, if you were to compare her to borg.
Cheetah is fun. I main her and cyborg is my strong 2nd, and somedays my main lol
but I want a character that can cover borgs bad mus I don't want another low tier lol

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Anybody else watch the FT10 between UndeadJim (Cyborg) and xZoro (Swamp Thing/Supergirl/Atro) which K&M streamed? Man those IAFB from Jim were smooth.

haha thanks man! I could've done better, but still pretty happy with my performance. I'll get 'em next time!
Bro, you have no idea how EXCITED I was to see you beat Matt haha! I was late to work that day lol, overall good stuff. I know you were nervous, but it's the experience that counts. Just watch the match footage, study what you could have done better, and work from there. I was just happy to see one of the Cybrotha's on stream :D

Reactions: Ram
Anybody else watch the FT10 between UndeadJim (Cyborg) and xZoro (Swamp Thing/Supergirl/Atro) which K&M streamed? Man those IAFB from Jim were smooth.
I need to see this, since my Cyborg still needs a lot of work haha. I don't have IAFB execution down yet, still practicing, so I could use the inspiration

EDIT: Found it, adding it to the Cyborg Match Footage Thread!

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
@Marlow OMG those IAFB are so crisp. That's what I want to get to, but I really don't want to buy a hitbox lol
Bro just learn on the anolog on the pad I'm super consistent with them now. I use to use the d pad for the left side and the analog for the Right. Now im able to use the analog for both sides threw practice and hard work. I get them low AF no both sides now.

Bro just learn on the anolog on the pad I'm super consistent with them now. I use to use the d pad for the left side and the analog for the Right. Now im able to use the analog for both sides threw practice and hard work. I get them low AF no both sides now.
I really don't want to learn IAFB on analog either lol, but I might give it a shot. Have too much Injustice 1 syndrome where I could do them easily in the first game on pad haha

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I'm working on putting together a person training guide for myself, just something to help me stay organized and make the most of my limited playing time. At this point I'm just hoping to improve things like general execution, spacing of normals and specials, defense/blocking/whiff punishing, and then some standard setups, pressure, and corner game. I basically stole a bunch of it from what @Protagonist_1 posted on another thread, thanks for that.

Does anyone have any tips on some things I could try and do either in practice mode or single player mode to work on blocking and push blocking?

HiddenSelectCounterPick

I'm working on putting together a person training guide for myself, just something to help me stay organized and make the most of my limited playing time. At this point I'm just hoping to improve things like general execution, spacing of normals and specials, defense/blocking/whiff punishing, and then some standard setups, pressure, and corner game. I basically stole a bunch of it from what @Protagonist_1 posted on another thread, thanks for that.

Does anyone have any tips on some things I could try and do either in practice mode or single player mode to work on blocking and push blocking?
If there is a character that keeps opening you up online take that character in the lab and lab the strings to figure out the gaps and whether you can punish or disrespect or backdash/jumpout. Also lab the strings with jip/k . And it's best to push block between gaps.