What's new

Cyborg General Discussion Thread

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
Did anyone notice that? Air Nova Blaster is -19 on block but depending on the height you can do it more safer and punish punishment lol

vs Catwoman Cat Dash

vs Scarecrow Command Grab

I'm new to Cyborg, so everything is new to me [former Adam main]. If someone already knew, then forget about it.
Anyway, I'm still testing.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I finally got a chance to start messing around with Cyborg post patch. I'm definitely not a lab person, so I'm sorry I wasn't able to test anything fully, but I can say it feels great. Overall stratedgy with Cyborg remains the same, mostly zoning/pressure/meter-build. But it's nice having a reliable wakeup, and having a bit more range/safety on some normals and strings. I feel like I have a better chance at fighting my way out of bad situations instead of being completely boned if I don't play a perfect zoning game.

esc1

95% of TYM discussion: "It's fine"
Did anyone notice that? Air Nova Blaster is -19 on block but depending on the height you can do it more safer and punish punishment lol

vs Catwoman Cat Dash

vs Scarecrow Command Grab

I'm new to Cyborg, so everything is new to me [former Adam main]. If someone already knew, then forget about it.
Anyway, I'm still testing.
Yea.. I'm pretty sure a high hit won't catch him when he lands also

Im trying to level Cyborg now and tbh he isnt that bad even without this new wakeup. Im thinking after this patc he is gonna be a very strong character because he has solid space control and lockdowns

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Im trying to level Cyborg now and tbh he isnt that bad even without this new wakeup. Im thinking after this patc he is gonna be a very strong character because he has solid space control and lockdowns
After the dead shot nerf he may be the best zoner now... Oops nvm darksied exists

So what can I improve on I'm going to try to upload full sets when I get a chance to game, for now these are some match highlights.

What I noticed from this don't shoot at grodd if he's armored up it doesn't mater if you can iafb lol and respect him a bit on wakeup.
Yeah i usually just stay doing a close TA on any knock down cuz it punishes the stampede every time lol. U can also hit him out of going into the armor trait once you see him pop his trait. Just keep shooting lol it hits him before he gets that second rawr out

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: PlayingNeutral
Thanks for posting this, I really need to step up some of my corner setup game. Also liked how you showcased the sweep, gave me some ideas. Can't wait till tuesday
No problem ! I'll game today after work I haven't really got a chance to game since the patch I'll upload more and hope everyone else does the same!

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Also I noticed on many occasions if you are doing many jump diagonal fbs and you throw in an empty jump in once in awhile and follow up with f2 you can get a full combo or empty jump in into TT to catch them off guard they almost never block low during those.

HiddenSelectCounterPick

I had a great encounter with a dev we played long sets he was surprised I mained cyborg. He told me cyborg was bad in the first injustice.

As well as saying he was bad in I2.

He told me he thinks supergirl is hands down the best in the game along with this.

"Supergirl vs Cyborg is at least a 6-4 matchup" .

He mained supergirl and I just got off of a 14hr shift so here are some highlights.

There is a little surprise at the end of this video.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
I had a great encounter with a dev we played long sets he was surprised I mained cyborg. He told me cyborg was bad in the first injustice.

As well as saying he was bad in I2.

He told me he thinks supergirl is hands down the best in the game along with this.

"Supergirl vs Cyborg is at least a 6-4 matchup" .

He mained supergirl and I just got off of a 14hr shift so here are some highlights.

There is a little surprise at the end of this video.

Bruh they know he's bad lol that's says a lot. Hope he gets better lol

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Thanks to the 2,3 buff it's easier to abuse the 5 active frames the 3 has! When using it in neutral if you hit it at max range, it hits meaty and it becomes +3 on block from -1 with little to no pushback. The closer you are, the less plus it is essentially - so get your spacing on point. You get your typical strike/throw mixup on block and if it hits you can go back to happily zoning, haha.

Last edited:

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
3 things
1) what do you think of the buffs?
2) who do you guys use as a secondary to cyborg?
3) does anyone want to play on ps4 sometime? add me wakandasking

i like the buffs it makes me feel like the character isnt total garbage anymore. I used to get salty because of the no wake up attack but its so much better having it, it makes a world of difference. plus i use the low as a footsie tool which as been working decently

ive been using manta and swamp thing as a back up to cyborg both play footsies in different ways which helpful since cyborgs arent great

Last edited:
3 things
1) what do you think of the buffs?
2) who do you guys use as a secondary to cyborg?
3) does anyone want to play on ps4 sometime?

i like the buffs it makes me feel like the character isnt total garbage anymore. I used to get salty because of the no wake up attack but its so much better having it, it makes a world of difference. plus i use the low as a footsie tool which as been working decently

ive been using manta and swamp thing as a back up to cyborg both play footsies in different ways which helpful since cyborgs arent great
1) I think the buffs are great. DB3 serves as an excellent trip guard and tool to catch people walking back. Also MB powerfist on block has caught a lot of people off guard, just need to find more setups off of it. I have been slowly implementing it into my game, but I still have a lot of work to do with this character
2) I actually had the chance to talk to whiteboi, and he suggested I should have Dr. Fate as a secondary. I might take him up on that, considering I think Fate has better footsie tools, and looks really fun to play
3) I'm down, my PSN is Protagonist_1

Hoping to learn a few things considering I'm still learning a lot despite playing this character for so long. Love the buffs

I like the MB Power Fist but it can be interupted. Im learning Cyborg more and more and Im starting to realize that its a bad idea to do TA without a nova bast in play. Just to keep the enemy from interfering. Also the sky grapple as a means of approach seems not to work as well as a means of retreat, bit it seems inconsistent on what actually it can armor through. I get hit by some projectiles but others I can armor through.