What's new

Breakthrough Cyborg Announces His Official Retirement!!!

He's a lot more threatening with PERFECT low iafbs mixed with all hi s other tools but yes, he's midtier because of horrendous matchups. At this point I'm willing to say he beats or goes even with almost every character that doesn't have zoningbreaking tools. I even think aquaman is basically even with perfect iafb execution

Mojo

Noob
Only thing I could see that he needs is faster start up on ground missles. You are going a bit over board though.

*edit* Are you the Mojo from NLBC on sp00kys stream?
Yes thats me and I know I'm going over board, its a habbit from playing so many bad characters.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
He's a lot more threatening with PERFECT low iafbs mixed with all hi s other tools but yes, he's midtier because of horrendous matchups. At this point I'm willing to say he beats or goes even with almost every character that doesn't have zoningbreaking tools. I even think aquaman is basically even with perfect iafb execution
I agree. But who wants to do just frame fireballs when everyone else is pressing buttons and doing 50/50 mix ups? Who wants to work overtime for minimal reward? In the end, Cyborg is not worth the effort.

Some of his normal attacks, namely b+1 and b+2,3,1, need to be fixed so that they hit all crouching characters. Missiles need to have a much faster start up. They are useless against half the cast. Grounded fireball needs to have a better recovery by a couple of frames.

These changes are wishful thinking, so waiting for General Zod and Martian Manhunter is the best thing to do.

Mojo

Noob
So you're going to use a hitbox to do perfect iafbs? I hope you've been using it for a while because you'll be messing up everything that isn't an iafb.

So you're going to use a hitbox to do perfect iafbs? I hope you've been using it for a while because you'll be messing up everything that isn't an iafb.
I've got about 5 hours of practice so far. Im.. ok with it. Playing batgirl is weird on it and my defense with it needs improvement.
I'm going to just try running away all day long and mashing iafbs to expose it
It's an experiment we'll see what happens its okay if I lose

I agree. But who wants to do just frame fireballs when everyone else is pressing buttons and doing 50/50 mix ups? Who wants to work overtime for minimal reward? In the end, Cyborg is not worth the effort.

Some of his normal attacks, namely b+1 and b+2,3,1, need to be fixed so that they hit all crouching characters. Missiles need to have a much faster start up. They are useless against half the cast. Grounded fireball needs to have a better recovery by a couple of frames.

These changes are wishful thinking, so waiting for General Zod and Martian Manhunter is the best thing to do.
All I heard was "blah,blah,blah,blah....blah,blah,blahBLAH,blah...waiting for..MARTIAN MANHUNTER."Oh Yeah dude I am with you on that!!!!!!

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
It is true. Cyborg dominates charecters without any or poor anti-zoning tech. He beats Black Adam, Green Lantern, and Nightwing pretty handily. However so many charecters with anti-zone tech shut him down much harder than DS or Sinestro because of his zoning style.

I have the IAFB down perfect on a stick and when someone doesn't know what to do they usually leave before their first life bar is gone. It is great for scrubbing out a pool in tourney. However, it is a tough battle to rely on his zoning when you run into great players with good counter characters (usually top 16 range). I really need an alt character to help deal with some bad MUs.

And you are right about Aquaman hah. Except you will trade with him at the lowest point. There is a 2 frame window where you need to make the fireball slightly higher then normal so it still hits him in the head, and also makes his ground trident wiff. Kinda tough to get 'perfect' in a different sense as it is not as low as possible, but a sweet spot.

I KNOW Cyborg is way better than some people think, IE Pig has him bottom 5. I am sitting on a ton of tech that I have for EVO which will hopefully expose some of his better tools. It is kind of a dark time for character development in general because so many top players are hanging on to their tech until after UFGT, CEO , EVO, VxG etc... But I will post it all up soon enough. Hopefully you can come back to the Borg man! I need more people to help me explore tech and set-ups.

Also, this new universals d2 buff (which is great), Is actually a nerf for Cyborg as he will have a very tough time starting offense with grapple hooks.

If d1xxSD jailed. Slightly faster startup on missiles. B2 and B1 strings had a bit better range and startup, and if trait was viable, he could compete with everyone. I could bring just him to tournaments! lol Very wishful thinking though...he will probably sit where he is :/

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
Say what you want, IANB is still the best zoning tool in the game and if done right can really make it hard for a lot of MU's. When he encounters batgirl or scorpion just don't play cyborg.

lol Im sorry but Im not gunna play another because the MU is x in x favor.... especially when I bop batgirls all the time.. now scorpion is where I struggle against but thats a given and even that is doable... the non doable matchs up are batman, superman, and aquaman... mainly a great supes like Cdjrs..

on some why do I shit on this character and still play him.. well I bring my ignorant street fighter way (main balrog/abel) into injustice... because you have to main the character from the good and the bad to find the tech

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Also, I have VERY good Anti- Scorpion Tech with Cyborg. This MU is 4-6, or even 5-5.
Grapple hooks are godlike at making Scorpion wiff. So good that he will actually stop spamming. Scorpions normals are still about 10000x better than Cyborg though... 8 frame mids with advantage, overheads and lows blah blah blah, he still rocks Cyborg face off up close.

But he can't tele if you time grapple hooks!

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
lol Im sorry but Im not gunna play another because the MU is x in x favor.... especially when I bop batgirls all the time.. now scorpion is where I struggle against but thats a given and even that is doable... the non doable matchs up are batman, superman, and aquaman... mainly a great supes like Cdjrs..

on some why do I shit on this character and still play him.. well I bring my ignorant street fighter way (main balrog/abel) into injustice... because you have to main the character from the good and the bad to find the tech
Batman isn't a bad MU for Cyborg and I'm struggling to believe that Superman is particularly bad.

And i assume you 'bop' batgirls all the time online? If you play a batgirl that knows what they're doing it is free for them against cyborg.

You should play my batgirl. :)

Superman is 5-5 imo. Batman is ok until he gete trait bats coming at you and you have to stop fireballing, wait for him to come in and oushblock. I think he does beat Borg tho

Mojo

Noob
Who is your main? I usually see you in top 8 but I never get to see any of your matches.
Shazam and Cyborg, you don't see my matches because I usually end up in losers early and losers matches don't usually get streamed. Probably for the better I ain't that good anyway.