What's new

Breakthrough Cyborg Announces His Official Retirement!!!

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Lmao and here I was thinking about picking up Cyborg.
But there's really no point in picking him when Zod looks like he can do everything Cyborg does but better, 3 fireballs for MB istead of 2 and they pop you up, varying speeds, more options, a trait thats actually usable. Usually "similar" characters will both have their ups and downs so you get to pick what suits your style, but right now I'm not seeing any upside Cyborg has on Zod.

RIP RIP RIP. When's Zod?

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
Going to be learning Scorpion for this zoning shenanigans that this punk has. Hate me a zoner. :)

Just keep cyborg to counter pick Grundy and stop using him in other atchups lol

And wtf zod looks ridiculous. Better than cyborg zoning , zappas dog, superman layers that hit low, command grabs...wow this shit looks dmb

Cyborg is still broken as hell. He racks up damage so fast. He can pop out 104% dmg with full meter just from mid screen combos. If you stop playing him like a zoner and play him like a rush down you'll like the character a lot more. You get 5% hp back after you land a b123 if you pop trait and can cancel out of it into a Nova, ground missiles, or Sonic wave(they take 11%dmg). You get 7% if you trait after ground missiles connect and a free nova shot(they take 13%). if you have decent execution you can get a guaranteed knock up off of ground missiles from a b123 if you make the right read(that leads to 41% 1 meter mid screen). Best forward and back dash in the game. This is just a nasty nasty character(but balanced).

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
You guys remember the guy with the gas mask being low tier and Sonya too, right?
Where people were whining about Cage2Good.
And then came a blind fucker trumping everything else.
NRS, you never change.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I love that he's not even out yet and is being heralded as the second coming if Christ. Everyone's tools look great on paper. Application in the game can be quite different. Just throwing that out there.

I also love that you all seem to be forgetting that NRS clearly knows how to nerf the shit out of someone. Ask Scorpion how his ass feels after 1.05.

That all said... Zod looks pretty badass.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Cyborg is still broken as hell. He racks up damage so fast. He can pop out 104% dmg with full meter just from mid screen combos. If you stop playing him like a zoner and play him like a rush down you'll like the character a lot more. You get 5% hp back after you land a b123 if you pop trait and can cancel out of it into a Nova, ground missiles, or Sonic wave(they take 11%dmg). You get 7% if you trait after ground missiles connect and a free nova shot(they take 13%). if you have decent execution you can get a guaranteed knock up off of ground missiles from a b123 if you make the right read(that leads to 41% 1 meter mid screen). Best forward and back dash in the game. This is just a nasty nasty character(but balanced).
Dude...just no. Everything you said couldn't be any more wrong except that he has the best forward dash recovery in the game.

What is your 104% combo at midscreen?

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
3db1(mb) is 26% x 4 is 104% dmg and its not hard to land that ish.
1. That is in the corner NOT midscreen.
2. There is damage scaling so it will NOT do that much damage.
3. The last MB will wiff
4. 3 is not hit confirmable into db1 MB so you will never hit that unless you just throw it out and get VERY lucky. You will get blocked as it is slow, then full combo punished.

Also the b123 string is fucking terrible. Slow startup, very tiny range and low priority, no damage and gaps in the string... if you trait after the string than you sacrifice pressure to keep them away. It is good to cancel that string into missiles at midscreen...but they can tech roll and block safely every single time, so if they are competent you will never land a combo from this as it is SO easy to avoid. B1 has its uses in the corner for a reset, but not really anything super good.

I could go on and on about this charecter... You are acting like a fool

Do you even play him?

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
Dear TYM,

My replacement has arrived and I couldn't be any happier.

The great General Zod has come to relieve me from my miserable existence. He has everything I had and more. You want IAFB with alternating speeds and heights? Go wild. Using meter-burn will grant you 3 perfectly spaced fireballs (compared to my pathetic 2) AND will grant you a launching combo from full screen! Just like good 'ol uncle Kabal! Can't get much better than that can it?

Yup! It can! He has got low shot lasers, charges, a viable trait which will make blocking anything a nightmare. You remember how much I hated anti-zoners like scorpion huh? Well Zod has no fear! He can just 3frame parry dat shit! He will be holdin dat shit all day!

The man even looks to have decent normals, which provide him respectable footsie tools!
Gosh if I wasn't so utterly depressed or had any self respect, I might even be envious. Congratulations Zod!

I doubt any of you will ever miss me. Ever since my block infinite was removed, and my 15 minutes of fame ended, people have just not given a hoot about me.
Don't worry though I know you proud few put in a lot of work to get your execution down, even if for little to no reward, and it is still possible that you might get a prop here or there, at your local scene, for your hard work.

See you at your next local event, but never again at a major tournament.

Sincerly,

Cybo....
Whatever.

PS:

general m2dave AK Pig Of The Hut

Mojo

Noob
1. That is in the corner NOT midscreen.
2. There is damage scaling so it will NOT do that much damage.
3. The last MB will wiff
4. 3 is not hit confirmable into db1 MB so you will never hit that unless you just throw it out and get VERY lucky. You will get blocked as it is slow, then full combo punished.

Also the b123 string is fucking terrible. Slow startup, very tiny range and low priority, no damage and gaps in the string... if you trait after the string than you sacrifice pressure to keep them away. It is good to cancel that string into missiles at midscreen...but they can tech roll and block safely every single time, so if they are competent you will never land a combo from this as it is SO easy to avoid. B1 has its uses in the corner for a reset, but not really anything super good.

I could go on and on about this charecter... You are acting like a fool

Do you even play him?
He's probably up playing cyborg without doing any research because he's scared of him getting buffed.

He's probably up playing cyborg without doing any research because he's scared of him getting buffed.

Why would I be scared of him getting buffed when I play the character?? I think you guys are down playing him so he gets buffed because you aren't playing him to his potential. You want to stay full screen and block infinite people. Now that its gone, you have no idea how to use him. Now hes "trash", needs buffs.

b123 is not slow. B1 is only 1 more frame than a throw. so pretty much any setup that grants you a free throw gives you a free b123. B2 is about the only move i think is scary to use since its 16 frames, and how close you have to be to land it.

Mojo

Noob
Why would I be scared of him getting buffed when I play the character?? I think you guys are down playing him so he gets buffed because you aren't playing him to his potential. You want to stay full screen and block infinite people. Now that its gone, you have no idea how to use him. Now hes "trash", needs buffs.

b123 is not slow. B1 is only 1 more frame than a throw. so pretty much any setup that grants you a free throw gives you a free b123. B2 is about the only move i think is scary to use since its 16 frames, and how close you have to be to land it.
As somone who has tried to make Hakan work in AE for years I know when a character is nothing but one big gimmick.
Cyborg and Shazam, the two characters I put the most time into give me nothing but Hakan flash backs. I see this character becoming less and less viable and when he becomes completely useless you can blame yourself because you said he was fine.

As somone who has tried to make Hakan work in AE for years I know when a character is nothing but one big gimmick.
Cyborg and Shazam, the two characters I put the most time into give me nothing but Hakan flash backs. I see this character becoming less and less viable and when he becomes completely useless you can blame yourself because you said he was fine.

Only thing I could see that he needs is faster start up on ground missles. You are going a bit over board though.

*edit* Are you the Mojo from NLBC on sp00kys stream?