What's new

Custom Variations - FINALLY!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Everyone celebrating this like "wowwww nrs is so amazing for doing this" and im just like "took you FUCKING long enough". Really, this should've been the standard since the beta (and it was assumed it would be, by that time). Not saying im not pleased by it, but no way in hell I think they're doing something "extra".
100% should have been the standard from the rip. Better late than never, finally came to their senses.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
If it's full custom everywhere and a couple moves aren't part of the plan, does that mean they are going to remove the moves, or keep a now super lame extended customs option that allows for the couple of other moves?

MuMuGuy

Noob
This absolutely makes the game more interesting and I'm super excited. Gonna mess around with loadouts tonight to see if there are any I might want to play in ranked!
NRS will likely tweak a lot of shit for the Ultimate build. Look at how they butchered Kollector’s War-Quiot Toss... never again will I be fooled.

Slymind

Noob
I liked everything i heard, i just wished for some changes to the breakaway system, then it would be ace.

Never again do I wanna hear "NRS doesn't listen" "They're just in it for the money" "They don't care about top players" or any of that other nonsense.

They literally touched almost all the major aspects of the meta and addressed nearly all the major complaints. Now it's on YOU to get good at the game. No excuses, no whining -- if you don't like it, gtfo and wait for a new game.

It's done.

LET'S GO!
First you know they are going to complain that’s what bills do.

Second, I don’t think shoving it in everyone’s face that you were finally right after almost a decade is the right play here bud.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Been advocating for them since the beta. This is 100% the right move, glad they FINALLY came to their senses. I wonder how everyone who said I was crazy and that custom variations would never make it into competitive play feel right about now?

At any rate, fantastic news!
Imo it's not really about 'coming to their senses'.. We said a long time ago that doing it at launch would have been a massive mistake, as the game would have been ridiculously broken, with the amount of time they had to make it work.

Now that the meta has settled more, we know what tools do, and now that they've had lots of time to test and balance, it's the right time to make the move.

And now we have a major change that will build hype a year and a half in, after people begged them to support the games for longer so that they'd have more life. MK11 will live for longer than any title we've had.

Anyone who thinks that this wasn't months to more than a year in the planning/making, and that they just suddenly decided to throw this in, just doesn't get how game development works. This was definitely not an overnight decision, and I'm glad they took time to do it the right way.

Slymind

Noob
Everyone celebrating this like "wowwww nrs is so amazing for doing this" and im just like "took you FUCKING long enough". Really, this should've been the standard since the beta (and it was assumed it would be, by that time). Not saying im not pleased by it, but no way in hell I think they're doing something "extra".
It sure took a while, but it seems that they took their time to review and rebalance both tournament and non tournament moves, from the useless to the overtuned ones, so, it's understandable imo. They needed that extensive data before doing this kind of stuff, and even then as 16 bit said, no one knows what this will bring.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
crimsonshillow still thinks his god game can do no wrong even though it's now showing big improvements
The salt must really be real on this one..

Try again :coffee:

LET'S GOOOO

Pyrosis

Gentlemen, behold! My opinion!
crimsonshillow still thinks his god game can do no wrong even though it's now showing big improvements
NRS could personally come to this guys house and be on the spot to give him a hand job every single time he boots up MK11 and he would still complain about it.

The salt must really be real on this one..

Try again :coffee:

LET'S GOOOO
you're the one getting mad defensive because people are genuinely excited about mk11 now. fuck outta here

NRS could personally come to this guys house and be on the spot to give him a hand job every single time he boots up MK11 and he would still complain about it.
i don't get it. are you talking about me? i wouldn't want some nasty handjob from nrs. you're not actually being specific. i guess you just like free handjobs from who or whatever but to each their own i guess.

Pyrosis

i don't get it. are you talking about me? i wouldn't want some nasty handjob from nrs. you're not actually being specific. i guess you just like free handjobs from who or whatever but to each their own i guess.
It's a joke replying directly to you...
You ever wondered why people leave voice chats a couple minutes after you join? Don't get any invitations to social events? You must be great at parties.

It's a joke replying directly to you...
You ever wondered why people leave voice chats a couple minutes after you join? Don't get any invitations to social events? You must be great at parties.
well you're clearly not that funny so i guess you must be referring to yourself with a lot of these generalizations. i mean if you're at least gonna talk some shit be original. i prefer a more quiet lifestyle but i dont usually pass up the opportunity. it's mostly invites by friends that enjoy being around me. try again next time

Pyrosis

well you're clearly not that funny so i guess you must be referring to yourself with a lot of these generalizations. i mean if you're at least gonna talk some shit be original.
My bro. You really telling me to have some more original things to say while straight up literally giving me the "well I'm rubber and you're glue"? LMFAO

Been playing a lot of AG Nightwolf the last couple of weeks, I'd keep the string extensions and cmd grab, switch teleport out for launcher, turn NW into a guess or die character
Unfortunately both his launchers are two slots. I'd take the command grab over the strings. His auto shimmy game involving both tick throws AND conversions sounds ridiculous.
Command grab, string extensions, and Moonfall imo.
Gives him safety, meterless launch damage that can end in command grab, synergizes with the grab strings and command grab, command grab gives a free setup for new axe. All it requires is set up in exchange.

I've always felt this should have been his actual v2 instead of the teleport.

Does this mean that all your skin/gear loadouts will also be playable online then rather than just your default as it currently stands?
It should. And about time too.

Although there was some talk of UI changes, so i'm thinking maybe you make your variation on the fly each match... or it's an option if you don't want to use your pre-made ones..

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Don't know if it's been discussed elsewhere, but does anyone have any ideas about which moves might be banned?