What's new

Custom Variations - FINALLY!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I absolutely cannot stand people who advocate for nerfs for non tournament variation moves just because they might be good. Moves are allowed to be good. And also, the ones who make predictions that “oh yeah that’s going to change”, are also annoying af. Crazy idea, how about we let them rock for awhile in competitive play, THEN we can start talking about what needs changing? Sound good? Cool.

I know y’all are gonna say “hey bruh, we have been playing this game, we know what’s good and what isn’t, and blah blah”. I don’t care what you think you know. Let the shit rock THEN you can whine and complain to the heavens that a move is too good. Y’all not allowing good and fun moves really is what ruins these games. Just keeping it a buck. ✌

Zviko

Noob
I absolutely cannot stand people who advocate for nerfs for non tournament variation moves just because they might be good. Moves are allowed to be good. And also, the ones who make predictions that “oh yeah that’s going to change”, are also annoying af. Crazy idea, how about we let them rock for awhile in competitive play, THEN we can start talking about what needs changing? Sound good? Cool.

I know y’all are gonna say “hey bruh, we have been playing this game, we know what’s good and what isn’t, and blah blah”. I don’t care what you think you know. Let the shit rock THEN you can whine and complain to the heavens that a move is too good. Y’all not allowing good and fun moves really is what ruins these games. Just keeping it a buck. ✌
Is this about the Demon Dash? I don't think any of us who said it will get nerfed actually wants it to get nerfed. It's just something NRS would do and that sucks. And I'm afraid they will overdo it to a lot of moves across the roster.

Man you want to let it rock so you can cheese it up online! you arent fooling anybody!

Aww hell naw, now I can see why you like candy corn you are off your rocker!

So what happens if kustoms turn the game into a shit fest, easy 60% combo's, broken combinations etc. Do they let it ride and see where it goes, then one last patch, or try and patch the shit out of it and make it work?

Slymind

Noob
I was going to equip Nightwolf with rising tomahawk + moonfal or lunar orbit... then realized all three share the same inputs ><
I've been doing some tests with lunar orbit and spirit tracks and if lunar orbit hits, you can follow up with spirit tracks(and if you have the amp) and pop for a combo. Maybe tjere is some potential there. Nightwolf has some interesting moves but they all need some tweaks.

Spirit of Komo and Kiba even more so.

So what happens if kustoms turn the game into a shit fest, easy 60% combo's, broken combinations etc. Do they let it ride and see where it goes, then one last patch, or try and patch the shit out of it and make it work?
What they should have done is separate the game modes for customs and rank variations for tournament and KL. See how customs fly in those modes and then make adjustments.

The only real losers here are the players that rather stick with the rank variations because they are now force to play against custom players.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Sub Zero haters on his Ice Puddle already popping up. Just delete him from the game and don't bring him back if y'all feel that way.

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
Does this mean that all your skin/gear loadouts will also be playable online then rather than just your default as it currently stands?
Yes. You can swap the moves at the character select screen
I don't think we know how it will work exactly, do we? I heard speculation--and it makes a lot of sense to me--that it will mostly look the way it does now, but with a fourth, custom variation slot. That is, on character select, you can still pick from the three standard variations OR you can pick a custom variation and choose your moves on the fly. But either way, your skin/gear loadout will always just be whichever one you've set as default.

If true, that means no, you won't actually be picking from all your own loadouts with custom skins/gear/moves. Which stinks, but also makes sense, because I think they'll want to make it easy to pick a standard variation if you want, and not force you to create them on your own in order to have them available.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
I don't think we know how it will work exactly, do we? I heard speculation--and it makes a lot of sense to me--that it will mostly look the way it does now, but with a fourth, custom variation slot. That is, on character select, you can still pick from the three standard variations OR you can pick a custom variation and choose your moves on the fly. But either way, your skin/gear loadout will always just be whichever one you've set as default.

If true, that means no, you won't actually be picking from all your own loadouts with custom skins/gear/moves. Which stinks, but also makes sense, because I think they'll want to make it easy to pick a standard variation if you want, and not force you to create them on your own in order to have them available.
Actually, Stephanie said in the video that you will have access to the move select via a drop down menu right at the Versus character select screen. She said it's very much like the Abilities menu from the Kustomize character settings. You can update your loadout on the fly before the match.

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
Actually, Stephanie said in the video that you will have access to the move select via a drop down menu right at the Versus character select screen. She said it's very much like the Abilities menu from the Kustomize character settings. You can update your loadout on the fly before the match.
Right, we know that's how the moves will work. But the question was whether you'll be able to pick from all your custom skin/gear loadouts (i.e., the cosmetics) in ranked mode. I'm pretty sure we don't know about that yet, but I tend to doubt it. You'll have a chance to customize your moves after picking your character, but since you (probably) won't have access to your actual custom loadouts, I suspect you'll just continue to get whatever cosmetics you've set as default.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Did she say if that goes for cosmetics as well? It would be awesome if you could outfit your character on the fly.

MuMuGuy

Noob
Did she say if that goes for cosmetics as well? It would be awesome if you could outfit your character on the fly.
As cool as that would be, it’d take too long due to how many skins and gear pieces are in the game. A more reasonable alternative would be to have saved favorite appearances, a la Injustice 2.