What's new

Custom Variations - FINALLY!

Right, we know that's how the moves will work. But the question was whether you'll be able to pick from all your custom skin/gear loadouts (i.e., the cosmetics) in ranked mode. I'm pretty sure we don't know about that yet, but I tend to doubt it. You'll have a chance to customize your moves after picking your character, but since you (probably) won't have access to your actual custom loadouts, I suspect you'll just continue to get whatever cosmetics you've set as default.
There's a tweet from Stephanie mentioning that the new UI is for offline tournament mode and for online we'll just be choosing from our 5 custom loadouts like usual, only now it's in ranked too.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I'm happy I can use Bio Pull on Kano now. Hopefully the dmg can be improved during the knife dot damge. Manhandle and Snake bite will be the most popular combo.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Did she say if that goes for cosmetics as well? It would be awesome if you could outfit your character on the fly.
No, there was no mention of cosmetics changing at the select screen. That would take way to long. Just create multiple loadouts and chose what look you want to use and then at the character select screen, choose your moves.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
lol, if my opponent started editing their cosmetics during character-select, I think I would literally catch on fire from rage.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Right, we know that's how the moves will work. But the question was whether you'll be able to pick from all your custom skin/gear loadouts (i.e., the cosmetics) in ranked mode. I'm pretty sure we don't know about that yet, but I tend to doubt it. You'll have a chance to customize your moves after picking your character, but since you (probably) won't have access to your actual custom loadouts, I suspect you'll just continue to get whatever cosmetics you've set as default.
Nope, I seriously doubt anyone is going to want to wait for their opponents to run through the cosmetics menus before a match. Just moves will be editable at the character select screen.