What's new

Breakthrough - Cyber Sub-Zero CSZ Nerfs

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
I'm going to try and play Cyber Sub more like normal Sub, more oriented around patience and defensive play. Has anyone found some good corner combos thus far?

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
I honestly saw this coming and dropped him after a while of using him. Luckily I found Sektor and Smoke more fun to play.

Then after seeing how these nerfs went....I can't see how the thought process of NRS was going when they made these changes.. yet I'm not surprised at all. This isn't the first time they've done this. Won't be the last.

TamedLizard

Buff George
I'm going to try and play Cyber Sub more like normal Sub, more oriented around patience and defensive play. Has anyone found some good corner combos thus far?
I've got meterless 34% off DE B2.

DE B2 and DE 212 just became oh so much more essential lol.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Man im still waiting for that official post from NRS saying this was a aprils fools Joke, just to realise that the patch came out on the 29th... and the funniest thing about all this is, they could come to their senses and realise hey maybe we went overboard, but should we fix it? Nah just leave it its done we have their money so its cool, they will forget about this when Injustice 2 comes out and then we can just do it all over again to some other poor Dc character....

God im pissed... i literally dont even feel like loging to play MKX, i spent 5 mins with CZ0 in training and all i could do is shake my head and laugh... Paulo and 16Bit should not be allowed to patch shit let alone games...

NRS sure likes their golden turds... this sure its pretty game but a Golden turd is still a turd no matter how shiny you make it...
I'm glad I learned this in Smite. I also told this to someone else. DLC characters are meant to draw in money. That's why some are always strong as hell in release. I'm not shocked at all honestly. Smite does it all the time. Granted they don't nerfs the new characters like THIS.
A few of my friends know this and didn't even buy ANY dlc characters. Stick to the core cast is what they do.

Noob
@16 Bit

can you provide any insight as to why these changes happened? im not bitching or complaining, just trying to understand the reasoning.
You think if anyone there had anything close to reasoning this changes wouldv been made? the sad part is that ( and i hope this is the case ) this changes went to various ppl in the NRS office before they got accepted... meaning atleast more than 3 4 ppl looked at this changes and said... Yes this sounds about right, looks good to me now he is balanced.... So if all this ppl agreed to push this changes, i can only conclude that there is not semelhance of reasoning to be found...

We have to work very hard to accomplish so little now.
You think if anyone there had anything close to reasoning this changes wouldv been made? the sad part is that ( and i hope this is the case ) this changes went to various ppl in the NRS office before they got accepted... meaning atleast more than 3 4 ppl looked at this changes and said... Yes this sounds about right, looks good to me now he is balanced.... So if all this ppl agreed to push this changes, i can only conclude that there is not semelhance of reasoning to be found...
i try not to knee-jerk man.... acting like this isnt going to get us a response.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
whats this better safe than sorry shit i see you two going on about? What?
did u play mk9? nrs tried to fix "the leaky boat" that was mk9 cyrax good few times he was still left broke.
its been said multi times that xl was the last big patch besides some little things here and there.
so there trying to "fix" triborg in one shot so there efforts can be put elsewhere aka better safe than sorry way of thinking.

Matix218

Get over here!
I love when people are like "Why do they always nerf my main characters? I'm so tired of this!". ITS BECAUSE YOU ARE A TIER WHORE!
Oh man, this x100000

I love how these people think that NRS only nerfs the characters that they are using. No, NRS nerfs broken characters and you must be always choosing broken characters if they keep nerfing your character.

Except Bo Rai Cho, poor Bo

Noob
We have to work very hard to accomplish so little now.

i try not to knee-jerk man.... acting like this isnt going to get us a response.
Oh i totally agree man, and im tipicly not this harsh of a person, but this is just to much... its teh same thing as you telling one of ur employes not to do something 3 times, and he goes ahead and just does it anyway... its impossible to keep a cool head

EDIT: not only that, no one will give any kind of explaination to us... because they dont caree man, and they dont need to explain themselfs

Oh i totally agree man, and im tipicly not this harsh of a person, but this is just to much... its teh same thing as you telling one of ur employes not to do something 3 times, and he goes ahead and just does it anyway... its impossible to keep a cool head
well if you cant keep a 'cool head' you're probably using the wrong 'bot

:joker:

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Oh man, this x100000

I love how these people think that NRS only nerfs the characters that they are using. No, NRS nerfs broken characters and you must be always choosing broken characters if they keep nerfing your character.
CSZ wasnt that good to warrant such a castration sorry. His wasn't impossible to deal with compared to other characters, his damage wasn't insanely high and his corner game with B3D4 can be easily blocked. Sure he couldve used some nerfs in the corner but that's it.

As for tier whoring...that's the dumbest generalization i've heard. Many ppl picked up CSZ because they played him in MK9, simple as that. And my other character is Ermac.....hardly tier whoring anything

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Oh man, this x100000

Except Bo Rai Cho, poor Bo
ummm, dude he has been out for 29 days and has received 28 nerfs. You would be pretty mad too. Get some perspective.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
You know what I'm glad they nerfed his damage, 30% meterless was too much. He really needed to be on Bone Shaper/Cybernetic's level of meterless damage. Thank god they nerfed this absolutely broken variation. His "hard-to-blockables" that you can easily block low low overhead low every time against are really all he needs right? Noone will ever block them surely. I mean it's only fair that he has to spend meter to combo from one of his fastest decent range starters in F13 now, thank you Netherrealm for delivering this amazing, well-thought out patch unto us.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
You know what I'm glad they nerfed his damage, 30% meterless was too much. He really needed to be on Bone Shaper/Cybernetic's level of meterless damage. Thank god they nerfed this absolutely broken variation. His "hard-to-blockables" that you can easily block low low overhead low every time against are really all he needs right? Noone will ever block them surely. I mean it's only fair that he has to spend meter to combo from one of his fastest decent range starters in F13 now, thank you Netherrealm for delivering this amazing, well-thought out patch unto us.
I agree, I mean most good characters in the game get about 27% from a 1 bar BNB, right?

The Abbot

Unit LK-52O
Could it be that NRS is showing they listen to the fans but maybe they didn't fully think these nerfs through? With people like BIT and PPJ on staff, I don't understand how this is approved or accepted. Maybe they put it out as a test and will adjust it in a hot fix (crossing my fingers).

Sure, they took out the Cyrax B2 HTB reset (which I never used) that people were mainly complaining about but damage nerf was uncalled for. And not being able to net after bomb changes everything about Cyrax.

Reo is partly responsible for bringing the nerf attention to CSZ with the thread he made. I felt it was too early for that.

I will play the bots regardless. I've mained them in MK9 and well continue in MKX.